The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Apr 28, 2014.

?

Should Snyder Stay or Go

1. Sack Snyder

2. Trust in Snyder

3. Sack Snyder

4. Trust in Snyder

5. Sack Snyder

6. Trust in Snyder

7. Sack Snyder

8. Trust in Snyder

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]469877[/split]

2. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I figured that since he had his own thread for "Man of Steel", that he should have one for this film as well.

Whether you love him or hate him as a Director, Zack Snyder has pretty much imprinted his name within the history books when it comes to comic book genre films.

To be the first Director that would have successfully and completely directed two Superman-related films, and to be the first one that will be responsible for not only bringing Wonder Woman to the big screen for the first time in cinema history... but to also be the one responsible for bringing both Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman onto the same live action film for the first time in cinema history.

3. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

yeah they keep going..they hire new people when a movie bombs no matter what

ah thread manager!!! cant quote anymore...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  4. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

Of a potentially guaranteed billion dollar(ish) movie(s) every single year for over a decade?

Maybe need is too strong a word. But really, really, really ****ing want works haha.

Any studio would.

I ain't talking as a fan of comics. I'm putting myself in the position of a greedy studio exec.

Marvel in 2013 made nearly 2 billion off of two movies. You telling me WB don't want a piece of that pie? Doesn't matter what else they go going on. 2 billion dollars is 2 billion dollars.

5. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL [​IMG]
    I'm talking franchises. WB NEEDS a go to franchise like a Potter. A franchise that has pretty much unlimited potential for sequels, spin offs, team ups etc. The DCCU fits that need.

If successful, it's a licence to print money for over a decade basically.

????originally posted by humanimal..i didn't wrote this...

6. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

ah i see;-)

7. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

Of course nothing is guaranteed. It's all a risk. It's basically investing for more money.

But when you could outlay 500 million dollars and there is a chance you can take 1.5 billion dollars (adding IM3 and Thor 2s production budgets together and estimating marketing costs etc) that is a risk i'd take if i was WB. 500 million is pocket change for them if they are as successful as we are led to believe.

8. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Bottom line is they can do whatever they want, they're WB studios not DC studios. They're not like Marvel studios who obviously only make comic films. They're WB they have a wide range of genres. I guess some people don't grasp that. They're not just limited to do DC comic films.

9. Jumpman

Jumpman Well-Known Member

I wish I could make this whole post my sig. This...completely.

10. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

dc studios...make that happen then

11. snpklsdmbldr

snpklsdmbldr welcome to the planet

when will people realize WB operates differently than Marvel Studios? :doh:

12. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

They don't want to realize that, because they need something to complain about. If they had nothing to complain about they'd have no reason to live haha. Some people, I swear.

13. Jumpman

Jumpman Well-Known Member

Never going to unless someone paid WB an obscene amount of money to take it off their hands. But, considering how important the brand of Batman and Superman has been to WB's history...yeah, never going to happen.

14. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

let them have their own people, overshadowed by wb. just how disney does with marvel...oh wait..they won't give them that much free space wouldn't they?

15. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

Just consider how many years WB fought the Court case to get all the rights for Superman character... which shows how much likelihood there is about them selling their entire DC property, yeah good luck to those who really want to buy DC. :whatever:

16. snpklsdmbldr

snpklsdmbldr welcome to the planet

during the Harry Potter/LOTR years where WB is ruling (and they still are and will still continue with spin offs) the fans of other book-movies are not complaining that the studios making the adaptations are slow, other studios just keeps on making viable series they can turn into a franchise even until now.

in the comicbook world on the other hand...

17. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

let me win the lottery..hmmm guess i won't spend it at dc anyway ...even if i'am a big batman fan.

i'd produce some small indie movies myself..:woot:

18. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

People don't realize that WB is the highest earning studio for many years, they are also the biggest TV production company, they don't have to follow Marvel model to get money.

As far as DC is concerned, they are the second largest comic book publisher with many of their titles selling in top ten, they are more successful with video games and DTV animated movies, so what ever they are doing is enough for them.

Apart from, this WB is starting a new shared DC Universe, if BvS and JL movies can earn a billion dollars each, where is the need to follow Marvel Studios blueprint ?

Only a select few fanboys want them to follow the Marvel way, which is not the only way to make comic book movies.

19. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

totally right...let's see if they find an own way to bring comic books to life and please the fans with it.

20. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

it'll suffice for some indie movies :woot:

21. TheNextNolan22

TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

It's in our faces and only now are we really starting to notice it. :up::up:

Edit: Responding to Tra-El's post form the from the previous thread.

22. EssayM

EssayM Just A Guy

I don't hate Zack Snyder, but I'm kind of perplexed that he and Goyer (and Nolan, I guess) seem to be becoming DC's answer to Joss Whedon/Kevin Feige. I just don't think Snyder is great enough to deserve that much creative control.

23. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

they're going with what they know. and what they know isn't much. MoS made a lot of money and goyer has the nolan stink on him. that's all that matters to them. looking for other talent doesn't seem like heavy lifting to me, but i think they're just afraid of another gl so they just don't bother, even though it was probably because of studio meddling that gl bombed in the first place.

24. Spamtron

Spamtron THE MAN

I don't see how one duo is better than the other...they both have created some great superhero fun, that has brought in some serious $$. Who do you think would be better to do it that has been proven to accomplish what these guys have?

25. DrMylesOBoogie

DrMylesOBoogie Well-Known Member

I'm concerned. Usually there is a burn-out when they try and plow through big films like this. The third 'Pirates of the Caribbean' comes to mind. It's why Nolan liked to take breaks. I'd like to see WB/DC add other directors to the development of their cinematic universe such as Neill Blomkamp and Joseph Kosinski.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.