The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Apr 28, 2014.

?

Should Snyder Stay or Go

1. Sack Snyder

2. Trust in Snyder

3. Sack Snyder

4. Trust in Snyder

5. Sack Snyder

6. Trust in Snyder

7. Sack Snyder

8. Trust in Snyder

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dispatch Ninja

Dispatch Ninja Well-Known Member

I wonder if Snyder will direct mos2. I would be fine with it because I loved mos so much, but I also wouldn't mind another director doing it. I'm sure snyder will be somewhat fatigued of the universe after JL.

2. matt47

matt47 Well-Known Member

Who knows aye. Snyder seems to much of a fan boy to get fatigued with this universe. I mean, think about about, he gets to tell all his favourite hero's what to do everyday!

3. Sharkboy

Sharkboy Tell em Steve-Dave

Might as well. Although i would like to see another director tackle Henry Cavil as Superman before he eventually bows out.

4. FeedOnATreeFrog

FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

After this opening Snyder trilogy of MOS/BvS/JL, I'd like to see other directors take the solo movies in separate directions.

If he stays on for anything, I imagine it'll be for the Justice League movies (unless it's terrible).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. Sharkboy

I'd like each JL movie to be directed by someone who does a solo movie, for example if Ben affleck does a Bat solo film, then he should do JL2 as well, or whoever does a WW movie should do another JL movie and so on.

6. Jake Cassidy

Jake Cassidy Well-Known Member

Affleck can direct the MOS sequel, while dressed as Batman. Kevin Smith can follow him around, filming the behind-the-scenes stuff.

7. Sharkboy

As much as I'm sure he'd love to do that, I don't think he has the time for that :funny:

8. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

It would be creativity sapping for Snyder to film 4 DCCU movie back to back in a row.

He might want time to do his own things.

I for one hope he comes back to direct 300 Part 3. I missed his touch in 300 Part 2 but he was snatched away by MOS.

9. Sharkboy

I'd rather he get back to doing The Last Photograph.

10. DA_Champion

DA_Champion Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that Snyder is doing even 3 DCCU films in a row.

He should go do something else.

11. G.Godfrey

G.Godfrey Well-Known Member

“I have no superhero fatigue.” - ZS in 2012. :woot: ( http://www.mtv.com/news/1697714/man-of-steel-trailer-hobbit/ )

I doubt he does now. I also remember in one of the interviews for SP (too lazy to go dig it up now) he said he loves doing these genre movies and would have no problem making such films for the rest of his life.

12. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

I don't think he'll be fatigued. This is a dream come true for him.

13. Pickleweasel

Pickleweasel Well-Known Member

Wonder if WB's is courting Liman for something DC after how good Edge of Tomorrow was quality wise

14. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson apparently words go here, I guess

It's not that I don't like snyder, I would just like to see what other directors can do with some of the properties we're about to get.

If that proposed movie line up for DC is accurate, Snyder can't direct all of them.

15. TheNextNolan22

TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

[​IMG]
    "Let them hate; They're all gonna be first in line opening night."

Oh and Le bump. ;) :o

16. D.P.

D.P. Well-Known Member

So many Snyder threads, so little time!

17. TheNextNolan22

For all the **** he gets on here especially, he seems to be quite popular. Wonder why? ;)

18. D.P.

D.P. Well-Known Member

Your face is only as good as your heel.

[​IMG]

19. TheNextNolan22

But what if there two two heels? We would be left with either Bad Luck Fale vs. Doc Gallows or AJ Styles vs. Minoru Suzuki (I can't judge the latter because I haven't seen it yet, but the reactions I've been seeing say it's ****ing amazing).

You know what I mean.

20. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

i think it's incredibly lazy of them (wb) to be honest, but I like the films so i won't complain. i think they're just going to go with what works. it's the reason they wanted nolan back so badly, the reason they got singer to direct superman returns, but considering the talent they've had (the wachowski's, Cuaron, Jackson, del toro) it's kind of mind boggling that they haven't conversations (as far as we know) with them other than the whispers of del toro and jl dark.

21. WBwins

WBwins Well-Known Member

I expect after MOS/BVS/JL ,Zak will stick to making JL movies only.

Interested in Duncan Jones taking over the Superman franchise.

22. roach

roach I am the night

How is it lazy? Mos leads into BvS and that leads into JL. By keeping the same director they are maintaining the same look throughout out the series. I am sure that whatever WB's plans are post JL...Snyder isn't directing them all.

23. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

by that logic he should direct all of them because they'll all be tied together with the "same look throught out the series". It's lazy for that very reason, and I'd bet had it not been for ben bringing in terrio, goyer would be writing most of them too. Because that's all they know. they're not interested in bringing in unproven talent, i.e. talent that hasn't been apart of raking in the big bucks like goyer who still has the nolan bats cache to his name.

24. roach

roach I am the night

That's not lazy. Snyder gave them a hit...they are going to continue working with him. Is it lazy that Whedon is directing 2 Avengers movies...is it lazy they got Gunn for another GOTG?
    We don't know who brought in Terrio...it may have been Ben or it may have been WB since he has a deal with them.
    These films are way too important to WB to bring in unproven talent...but then again no other studio has used unproven talent on it's big tentpole franchises.

25. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

of all the comparisons you're going to pick you choose whedon? really? i must have missed whedon's captain america 1 and 2, whedon's thor 1 and 2, whedon's iron man trilogy.

unproven talent was a poor choice of words by me. I'd already named directors they could have had attracted. filmmakers they've worked with in the past they have brought them success like the wachowski's, jackson, del toro and the cuaron.

and regarding terrio, you're smarter than that. do you really need someone to spell it out for you? you can't put two and two together? goyer was writing it before ben got cast. ben comes along and all of a sudden terrio gets picked up. gee, i wonder why? it was probably because it wasn't up to oscar winning ben's standards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.