BvS The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only one true answer for it all.

#SackSnyder and find a better director i say.

There's only one true answer for it all.

#SackSnyder and find a better director i say.

I liked MOS and BVS. If you're going to "Sack" Snyder, then sack Goyer, Terrio and Nolan too. They all had a hand in it.

Id be happy if they were all sacked. I liked MOS but it was highly divisive too, highly divisive films aren't going to cut it for a successful DCU

In saying that the studio don't seem bothered, if they were going to make changes they'd have done it by now.

At best, Zack Snyder creates big arguments over the quality of his films (Watchmen). At worst, there's not much of an argument (BvS/SuckerPunch).

I want a less divisive director for the DCU moving forward.

I think ultimately, Snyder is the worst kind of comic fan.

He's the kinda guy who thinks Rorschach is awesome and cool... even though Alan Moore wrote him to be despicable.

He's the kinda guy who thinks the 90s were the best period of comics.

He's the kinda guy who reads Grant Morisson's All Star Superman... and thinks it's lame and corny.

Basically, he should be directing Youngblood movies or maybe something like Invincible or Irredeemable.

Not the ****ing Justice League...

Even Garth Ennis... who absolutely hates superheroes, writes a better Superman.

I liked MOS and BVS. If you're going to "Sack" Snyder, then sack Goyer, Terrio and Nolan too. They all had a hand in it.

Yes, sack them too if need be, some new creative blood is needed in this universe, like from Whedon to Russo.

Whedon's probably done with superheroes, and the Russo's are busy making elevating Marvel ;)

I'd give Brad Bird a chance and hope Disney doesn't stand in his way. Brad Bird for MOS2 :)

Edgar Wright would make an awesome Superman film.

Fans tend to have great castings as far as directors go, and uninspired casting for the actual acting members. If only they would listen to fans on one end of the spectrum, and not listen to the other end ;)

Edgar Wright on The Flash? Damn that's a good idea.
And yeah good point, Coco.

My question is, is JL STILL going to be a two part film?

Part 1..the dark and divisive Zack Snyder film.

Part 2-The critically acclaimed, fan-admired, even-toned superhero fantasy we've all been waiting for (by a more well-received director) ;)

Part 1..the dark and divisive Zack Snyder film.

Part 2-The critically acclaimed, fan-admired, even-toned superhero fantasy we've all been waiting for (by a more well-received director) ;)

If JL is like BvS in tone and is received anything like MoS or BvS, I think the DCEU will be in a bigger hole than they can climb out of without waiting things out

I think ultimately, Snyder is the worst kind of comic fan.

He's the kinda guy who thinks Rorschach is awesome and cool... even though Alan Moore wrote him to be despicable.

He's the kinda guy who thinks the 90s were the best period of comics.

He's the kinda guy who reads Grant Morisson's All Star Superman... and thinks it's lame and corny.

Basically, he should be directing Youngblood movies or maybe something like Invincible or Irredeemable.

Not the ****ing Justice League...

Even Garth Ennis... who absolutely hates superheroes, writes a better Superman.

What are you talking about? I loved the 90s in comics. There was a 'growth' to characters. Superman dies, Batman's back is broken, Azreal becomes Batman, Nightwing comes into his own, new villains, Wally West is the Flash, new suit, new Robin in the form of Tim Drake, Hal Jordan ages (becomes Parallax) rise of Guy Gardner, non-classic JLA, etc...it was actually a pretty good time.

All Star Superman is very overrated to me. I prefer Kingdom Come as a Superman story.

And I'm not a Snyder fan.

There was some good things in the 90s. Wally West being a great example.

But overall it was about EXTREME!!!! grimdark crap.

And i also love Kingdom Come. Mark Waid did a great job showing a more human Superman, a more vulnerable one... but he was still righteous and heroic and inspired hope.

I think Zack is too much into deconstructive concepts. Every time he mentions a comic in relation to superheroes he always references Watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns. Come to think of it, I can't think of a time when mentioned a Superman centric book.

There was some good things in the 90s. Wally West being a great example.

But overall it was about EXTREME!!!! grimdark crap.

And i also love Kingdom Come. Mark Waid did a great job showing a more human Superman, a more vulnerable one... but he was still righteous and heroic and inspired hope.

NewSuper2.jpg

Like this?

It seems to me that Zack likes dark characters, and I'm fine with that. I liked his take on Watchmen and much of what he did with batman (with the exception of taking it too far with the killing streak). I'm even fine with the DCU being more serious than other CBMs. In fact, I enjoy that. But...I'm not fine with how it's affected superman. Superman should be the light in this dark place, a light house in the fog. But he isn't. He's just as foggy as everything else and while one could argue that it's a valid take on the character or some sort of Elseworld, it's not that popular with the audience.

It's a golden opportunity really: Contrast superman's bright ideals with a darker world and/or other darker characters. Superman could have really stood out. I think it would have alleviated a large chunk of the complaints people had about BvS: "lack of levity"(fixed by superman's Clark antics and banter later on with batman), "Poor characterizations" (reduced due to a thorough superman rendition), etc.

I'm not one of those people that think all CBMs need the same tone, but adding some uplifting stuff for superman would not have made BvS a feather-light, cartoony fare. Keep the seriousness/deconstruction/whatever Zack is doing, but have one thing withstand it: Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"