The Official Zack Snyder Thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Jul 4, 2011.

1. SuperAl

SuperAl Superman's back!

whats your definition of dying? he didnt even die. he woke up the same night and flew away, he had a pulse the entire time he was in the hospital.

This is superman tho, i get some of you are trying desperately to defend SR which i did like but these are superhero movies, he should be fighting supervillains not lifting objects or fighting rocks. If you want people risking their lives doing that kind of stuff go watch a movie about firefighters not a movie about the greatest and most powerful hero created. I find it incredibly weird that people sound almost as if they would rather see him lifting kryptonite then going toe to toe with his villains. Just because we want him to actually use his powers to fight a vast array of villains doesnt mean we are saying superman=boxer. you might as well say that every1 thinks batman, spidey, captain american, thor, gl, iron man=boxer because they threw punches.

Superheroes fight supervillains!

2. JAK®

JAK® Upstart

Except for the part where he flatlined. The only reason why he could come back to life was the hospital attention.

I'm not desperate to defend anything. I give credit where credit is due. I want a supervillain as well. I have no say in this punching debate.

3. hopefuldreamer

hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Actually, I thought the point of that scene was that the hospital COULDN'T help him, other than removing ther rest of the green k from his wound. They couldn't shock him, couldn't inject him etc etc.

4. JAK®

JAK® Upstart

Yeah, I was referring to removing the kryptonite. The hospital helped by giving him a stable environment to recuperate, not through any procedure of their own.

5. GoblinWhirlwind

GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

The kryptonite mountain WAS impressive, especially considering he was severely weakened yet still managed to take it out of the earth's atmosphere... but as others have said it was not a substitute for an awesome final battle with a supervillain. Seeing a display of strength like that in MOS would be amazing as long as the fight scenes aren't sacrificed.

6. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I remember watching the Teen Choice Awards (either in 2006 or in 07), that had Superman Returns in a category, and it was humorlessly nominated in the “best fight” sequence, which was for “Superman vs THE PLANE”.lol

7. hopefuldreamer

Yeah but did you see that plane? It was hardcore! It hit Superman with it's wing and sent him flying! :p

8. El Payaso

El Payaso Well-Known Member

Man. It's the Teen Choice Awards.

9. hopefuldreamer

Personally I didn't see him flatline. I saw their attempt to shock him blow up the machine, which then appeared to show a flatline because it couldn't get a reading on him.

But this is all just further proof to me of how confusing the movie was in general.

10. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

He did die.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phLUIFwv4CU[/YT]

11. hopefuldreamer

Can you summarise what that vid is? Cause I'm at work all day, and can't watch it!

12. Llama_Shepherd

Superman falls to Earth after throwing Lexland into space. He is taken into Hospital where his heart rate is zero. A small shard of Kryptonite is removed from the wound inflicted by Lex. They try to inject him with Adrenaline, but the needle breaks on his skin, they try to use a defibrillator, but his bosy insulates against the electricity and short circuits it. The doctors stare hopelessly as they cannot get him to regain rhythm. Cuts to Perry's original Daily Planet headline "SUPERMAN DIES".

13. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

Fixed :up:

14. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

I know that we are off subject of the current thread, but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents worth in. That scene was very impressive to me because it showed just how much he cares for humans and just how strong he really is. I really think that what the story was trying to convey was that if he didn't do something, then Earth might ultimately suffer the same fate that Krypton did. It may not have exploded like Krypton did, but billions of lives could have potentially been lost. So even though the growing island was made out of Kryptonite, he knew that it was up to him to take care of it even if that meant sacrificing himself. If that doesn't scream "Superman", then I don't know what does. I'm sure that most of you will roll your eyes at me, but that's the way that I interpreted that scene, and it was powerful IMO.

15. hopefuldreamer

Okay where in what you posted does it negate what I originally said my interpretation was.

The doctors look hopeless because they don't know how to treat him, because their machines can't even get a read on his vital signs to be able to tell what the hell is going on.

As for back at the DP, they also had the headline Superman Lives right next to it... Or did you miss the comment on the neccesary morbidity of preparing both papers incase he in fact DID die... But he hadn't yet...

16. Llama_Shepherd

He didn't have a heartbeat. No pulse = dead, in movies anyway.

17. Spoonman

Spoonman Well-Known Member

And yet, they were dead on the money :oldrazz:

18. The Batman

The Batman The Dark Knight

I wait for the day on the MOS board where 90 % of discussion dosent devolve into rants on SR.

19. Llama_Shepherd

Try coming back for the sequel then.

20. The Batman

The Batman The Dark Knight

^ I wouldnt be surprised if I had to do that, but I'm a bit optimistic that the neverending SR complaints will slow down once filming starts.

The constant SR jibes feel like a divorced person ranting about their ex, even though they've been divorced from their spouse for years and the spouse is not around anymore.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  21. El Payaso

El Payaso Well-Known Member

Hah. That's a good parallel.

22. GoblinWhirlwind

GoblinWhirlwind Calibrations

Once filming is rolling along and we have more to look at than a cast list, it will.

Why people like to drone on and on about stuff they claim to hate, I'll never know.

23. hopefuldreamer

Just thought i'd say, Sucker Punch has really grown on me after a second viewing.

It's not perfect in a lot of ways... but I really like it actually. :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  24. ©KAW

©KAW Well-Known Member

I haven't been following the new Supes movie, who's the villain(s) in this film?

25. manofsteel4life

manofsteel4life Well-Known Member

so far the only confirmed villian is Zod.....Faora has supposedly been cast as well, but wb hasnt come out and confirmed it, but i guess its safe to say she is in it