Justice League The Oliver Queen/Green Arrow Thread

Lily Adler

🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Ya know the drill, all things Ollie.

I have a few choices for Ollie. Joel Kinnaman, Timothy Olyphant and Joel Edgerton.

All I know is that he better have the Van Dyke.

It'll be interesting to see how they differentiate him from Avengers' Hawkeye. A good start would be explaining his rich kid background and actually giving him a useful role in the plot... I always liked how GA was in JLU so it'd be fun to see how he goes on the big screen.

Max Brown looks like the ideal Green Arrow to me, plus he's a really good actor. He was a great SOB on The Tudors.

Tudors-Season-4-5.jpg

max_brown.jpg

I just hope if Arrow becomes a hit that Stephen Amell fans won't be campaigning for him to be cast.

Said it other threads, Viggo Mortenson for me...

For a younger Ollie, Charlie Hunnam. He might not be the greatest actor in the world, but I just find his voice and presence unique and memorable. He's got that roguish quality as well.

For an older Oliver Queen, Josh Holloway, or Brad Pitt if they want a solo movie (alongside Charlize Theron as Black Canary).

Last edited:
Hunnam could pull it off.

But what about Matt Damon? He's the middle ground between young and older GA.
He would also bring some star quality with him.

First, I just hope we get Green Arrow in the movie universe period. As of now it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I'm hoping that he'll at least pop up in one of the Justice League movies eventually. I'd love to get a solo movie too but I'll settle for the JL appearance.

Brad Pitt, Nikolaj Coster Waldau, Charlie Hunnam, Travis Fimmel, Ben Foster, Norman Reedus. Landing Pitt could get that solo movie off the ground but I'm not sure how interested he is in comic book movies or if he would be interested in the character.

Keep Josh Holloway away please, he has a look that's good enough for the character but he is a terrible actor.

Black Canary - Yvonne Strahovski

First, I just hope we get Green Arrow in the movie universe period. As of now it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I'm hoping that he'll at least pop up in one of the Justice League movies eventually. I'd love to get a solo movie too but I'll settle for the JL appearance.

Brad Pitt, Nikolaj Coster Waldau, Charlie Hunnam, Travis Fimmel, Ben Foster, Norman Reedus. Landing Pitt could get that solo movie off the ground but I'm not sure how interested he is in comic book movies or if he would be interested in the character.
I too believe the character can pop up in a film. Perhaps in the "phase II" of DCU.

You suggest Brad Pitt and that would be fantastic! But is he too old to play a superhero by now? That's the question.
I do think he would rock as GA! The same goes for another one of my dream actors for the role., Sean Bean. But he's even older :(

What about Matt Damon?

While I would still prefer him as Hal, here's Damon recently sporting a very Oliver Queen hairdo ;)

559571b03c531ded405e8950_t-matt-damon-hair.jpg

Brad Pitt is still my top pick though.

Love the idea of a Suicide Squad sequel taking elements of 'Supermax' and Ayer calling up Pitt, who he worked with on Fury, for the Green Arrow role.

(...Actually what I'd love even more is a surprise cameo in BvS during the Bats/Supes fight ala TDKR, but I doubt that'll happen)

Last edited:
A suicide Squad sequel taking elements from Supermax and using Ollie as the main character is an idea I've supported for a while now

Brad Pitt, McConaughey or Matt Damon would be the best choices imo

Can't wait to see Ollie Queen in the DCEU. The recent Lex article all but confirms that he will appear. I loved the **** out of the early seasons of Arrow and I think Amell is a good Ollie but I want to see movie Green Arrow as well.

Last edited:
I think the Ollie mention in that article is just a wink to the audience. I don't think we'll be seeing him in a movie any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"