The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Spanish keeper down on his luck
Previous manager harshly sacked
Questionable owners
Questionable Italian up front

All your missing is a jailed striker!

Give Suarez time....:ninja:

Also, here comes another edition of Darthphere rags on a world class keeper but....Iker Casillas IMO is way overrated. He is a very good keeper but he always makes the same error. After what seems like 47 years in net for Spain and Real Madrid he always comes out early and always scored on. The Dzeko goal tonight was a classic example of Iker jumping the gun. I also think he did horrible on the Kolarov free kick. Sure it seemed Xabi was going to clear it but no way should that have gotten by him.

If the media has any balls... it looks like the Chanting issue could raise it's head again.... with City fans chanting about Munich at the Real game...

Well, the Real/City game lived up to the hype! I'll be surprised if we get a better game than that this season. Really thought City were gonna pull off one of those smash and grab wins English teams have now become famous for, but it was not to be, and the last half hour had lots of great attacking. Kompany was at fault for the 3rd goal though, not Hart. He shouldn't have ducked.

Excellent game tonight between Real Madrid & Manchester City, the victory though was completely deserved for Real Madrid though as they were easily the better team all night. In particular in the 2nd half City scored from essentially the only real times they had possession of the ball in Madrid's half, the 2nd goal was rather fortunate, however the same could be said for Ronaldo's winner..

However in truth overall, Madrid should have been far more comfortable than what they were. By the time City scored from their excellent break away I felt Madrid should have been 2-0 or even 3-0 up at the time.

It's easy to see how they managed to win La Liga last year, they pretty much looked a different class to City I felt. However credit to City, they almost stole one, however Madrid should have felt robbed if they'd not taken all 3 points from the game given their dominance.

What's crazy is Real Madrid are supposedly not even playing well at the moment & they still managed to dismantle the team that won the Premiership last year.. I'd consider the winner & even the runner up of that group to be potential semi-finalists at the very least.

Well, the Real/City game lived up to the hype! I'll be surprised if we get a better game than that this season. Really thought City were gonna pull off one of those smash and grab wins English teams have now become famous for, but it was not to be, and the last half hour had lots of great attacking. Kompany was at fault for the 3rd goal though, not Hart. He shouldn't have ducked.

I know Ronaldo hits a hard shot, but Kompany is a big lad, from my perspective I'd be wanting my defender to let something like that hit him in the chest & then clear the ball away assuming he still has it under reasonable control. Very uncharacteristic from him to somewhat take a timid approach & try to avoid contact of the ball completely.

Wonder what we'll show against Arsenal but doubt we'll beat them now.

I know Ronaldo hits a hard shot, but Kompany is a big lad, from my perspective I'd be wanting my defender to let something like that hit him in the chest & then clear the ball away assuming he still has it under reasonable control. Very uncharacteristic from him to somewhat take a timid approach & try to avoid contact of the ball completely.

Makes sense - I don't know if hart called keeper, and if you ever play footie, if your keeper calls for it, you let him have it.

Also the Kolarav free kick was just a mis-read by Casillas and Xabi. I for one thought for sure mr.Alonso was going to clear that ball, by the time Casillas realized Alonso missed it, it was too late =(.

A Spanish keeper down on his luck
Questionable owners

All your missing is a jailed striker!

not what I meant but hahaha yeah!

who is Watford dodgy Italian? If you mean Fernando Frederacheeti (okay I have no idea what his surname is) he looked really good last night - and who's the jailed striker?

I meant that they play some lovely passing football at times (no really Watford do, I was surprised too!) but have nothing happening in the final part and as such dominate possesion and somehow dont do anything with it.... plus A Spanish keeper down on his luck
Questionable owners

;)

If the media has any balls... it looks like the Chanting issue could raise it's head again.... with City fans chanting about Munich at the Real game...

didnt hear about that - heard they chanted Justice For The 96 which was a nice touch

dont condone anyone singing about Munich

not what I meant but hahaha yeah!

who is Watford dodgy Italian? If you mean Fernando Frederacheeti (okay I have no idea what his surname is) he looked really good last night - and who's the jailed striker?

I meant that they play some lovely passing football at times (no really Watford do, I was surprised too!) but have nothing happening in the final part and as such dominate possesion and somehow dont do anything with it.... plus A Spanish keeper down on his luck
Questionable owners

;)

I've heard Fred is quite hot and cold with his form, Troy Deeney's the jailed striker. I think he's recently been released though. I saw Watford last year and they played some nice stuff, quite a difference from the Aidy Hoof-royd stuff!

How you feeling about Liverpool's season mate? I've said on here in recent weeks I'm even more stumped by letting Carroll go, as you seem to have about 4 players who are regularly hitting in some quality crosses every match... seems made for Carroll! Stirlings looking good just like I always said :o and even Shelveys done well!

It's obviously too early to judge Rodgers but to me every week Kenny's sacking seems harsher and harsher. I thought you played some really good stuff last year.

Last edited:
So Italy have lost their 4th CL pace to Germany now? Was bound to happen eventually with their club's form in Europe over the last few years.

OSCARRR

He just scored goal of the season.

Chelsea up 2 - 0

Scrappy game for MUFC... nice grit from Carrick to keep going for his goal....

Oscar looks ****........:o

Don't be jealous now.

Oscargoal.gif

re: FFP - PSG close to an £80m/year sponsorship deal with Qatar National Bank. Wonder what Platini will do now when his son works for QSI (PSG owners).

Just finished watching the United/Galatasaray game & in truth we have never been out of 3rd gear this whole game, however with that being said we should have comfortably won the game by a couple of goals. I want to see us be a little more potent when we have our chances, few moments of hesitation from some of our players that we really need to hammer out of our game as sometimes you only get 1 chance to pull the trigger.. not the 4 or 5 times we wasted chances in this game.

Scrappy game, but we made it more difficult for ourselves than it should have been. The game in Turkey will be very difficult their fans will create a very intimidating atmosphere, very hostile. I hope by the time the return match comes along we can be safely qualified as going into such a hostile atmosphere I wouldn't be confident of taking full points even if we were playing the worst team in the CL.

Saw the goal on the news. Seems like Galatasaray could've got a draw out of the game but this won't be same game in Istanbul.

I've been neglegting this thread.......don't all cheer at once. :cmad:

Real vs City was entertaining, in truth Real should have put it to bed by half time with the chances they created, but in the end it was an odd bounce that got them the 3 points. I still think City will qualify unless Dortmund up their performances from last years CL.

re: FFP - PSG close to an £80m/year sponsorship deal with Qatar National Bank. Wonder what Platini will do now when his son works for QSI (PSG owners).

He'll no doubt find some excuse to ignore it.

Just finished watching the United/Galatasaray game & in truth we have never been out of 3rd gear this whole game, however with that being said we should have comfortably won the game by a couple of goals. I want to see us be a little more potent when we have our chances, few moments of hesitation from some of our players that we really need to hammer out of our game as sometimes you only get 1 chance to pull the trigger.. not the 4 or 5 times we wasted chances in this game.

Scrappy game, but we made it more difficult for ourselves than it should have been. The game in Turkey will be very difficult their fans will create a very intimidating atmosphere, very hostile. I hope by the time the return match comes along we can be safely qualified as going into such a hostile atmosphere I wouldn't be confident of taking full points even if we were playing the worst team in the CL.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts, every game we have played so far has had the same problems, too slow hitting our stride which causes pressure, and poor final ball at the end of some decent moves.

On the plus side I thought Hernandez did well when he came on, he made some good runs and got into more scoring positions than RVP had managed in the previous 70 minutes, and Kagawa looks like he's going to be a steal at £12M.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts, every game we have played so far has had the same problems, too slow hitting our stride which causes pressure, and poor final ball at the end of some decent moves.

I thought we actually hit the ground running on Wednesday night, I thought the opening 15 minutes or so it actually looked like it could be a rout as although it was an open 15 minutes, we looked more dangerous going forward than they did. Then however, Ferguson summed it up best, we let them back into the game by giving the ball away cheaply.. which has been a problem in some of our games this season.

On the plus side I thought Hernandez did well when he came on, he made some good runs and got into more scoring positions than RVP had managed in the previous 70 minutes, and Kagawa looks like he's going to be a steal at £12M.

Hernandez could have had a hat-trick inside the 10 or so minutes he actually played. He had 3 very good chances, I'll let him off with 1 because he was forced to hit it with his left foot, however he was still close enough that he should have made the keeper work.

Although to be fair to van Persie, he was one of the players in question that hesitated on at least 2 occasions that I can remember to hit a shot, one of which was when Nani rolled it to him on the right just inside the box & the ball was screaming to be bent into the far corner with a first time shot, however he hesitated & in the end the chance went by without a shot.

Kagawa looks great, I still don't think we are making the most out of him so far, I personally believe that we won't see the real best out of him until we get Rooney back. I think if Rooney & van Persie are paired together, Rooney will play a deep attacking role which will allow him & Kagawa to link up more often. I'm looking forward to seeing the sort of chemistry those 2 can develop when Rooney is fully fit.

Hernandez is another player I think links up with Kagawa as well, Kagawa is someone that sees the runs Hernandez makes in time to attempt to play the ball to him to get him in on goal.

Oscar's goal yesterday was phenomenal.

looks like we're fielding the youngs boys against The Young Boys tonight

looks like we're fielding the youngs boys against The Young Boys tonight

Haha. That's what I when I saw the line up. Obviously United match is important I would have done the same.

its good I'd like to see these kids stake a claim for the first team great opportunity

Real vs City was entertaining, in truth Real should have put it to bed by half time with the chances they created, but in the end it was an odd bounce that got them the 3 points. I still think City will qualify unless Dortmund up their performances from last years CL.

I think they won't. Dortmund will hit us hard on counter attacks and with our current performances... I talked with Michael Cox about City and also he doesn't know why they defend so deep this season. Last autumn they were pressing very high with a lot of players and looked very active without the ball. Now they're just sitting back and waiting with 2/3 CMs very close to CBs. And without cross-field passes and with Hart's distribution... it's easy to put us under pressure. And now it's clear we must win that game against Dortmund so players like Gotze or Reus could have a lot of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back