The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - Part 16

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thread Manager, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wobbly

wobbly Occasional Scribbler

True, but all the same the bigger the game, the more scrutiny it will get if the ref's (or players) do anything too fishy, especially if the bookies report what they see as 'unusual' betting patterns regarding the result as well (think that's partly how this current lot have come to light?)

I would imagine it depends on the type of bets being placed though: Correct scores would be difficult to rely on depending on how the match goes, and if they put too much money on it, and it comes in on the back of some dodgy decisions or dodgy play, that will raise alarms from the bookies.

But draws or simply one side winning would be a good deal easier to pull off without raising eyebrows too much.

Would still be problematic though if the team backed against keeps putting the ball in the net and the ref has to keep disallowing them, or the team bet to win can't hit the target at all for example. I'd guess this is where having both officials and players in on the fix for the game would come in.

Oh I'm sure there are. This is just the tip of an iceberg that's been around for some time and they will never get to in full.

I'm not sure how I'd take it if that cretin gets named...

2. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

He was literally the first name that popped into my head when this came out. I mean, think about it, he dropped off the face of the Earth essentially after that. He just refs in the Norwegian league now.

Also Koman Coulibaly

3. Darthphere

So apparently Lewandowski is going to Bayern in the summer. If so, where does that leave Mario Gomez? I can see a team like Spurs making a run for him.

4. bapi

bapi Well-Known Member

If it's true then Gomez and Pizarro will have to leave. Scored 79 goals in 95 games in last 2 seasons and would be cheaper than Falcao or Cavani so I can imagine that every top team will want him.

5. jenonso2

jenonso2 Member

[​IMG]And why has Phil Jones come on in midfield,

6. Sebastos

Sebastos le professionnel

Arsenal, Spurs, maybe Man City?

7. RKO

RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

No one's talking about that England performance?

They looked really good out there. I love Super Frankie.

8. Sebastos

9. Darthphere

Embarrassing loss for the USA.

10. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Cavani to City and Lewandwoski to Bayern seem logical moves.

Decent performance from England tonight although I do think Brazil are over-hyped and living off past glories. I hope we continue to utilize a flexible 4-3-3 style system.

11. DoomsdayApex

DoomsdayApex Well-Known Member

Mexico just took the heat off of Brazil and USA. We tied with... Jamaica.

:facepalm:

I'm done with the Mexican National Team. Screw 'El Tri'. Mexico = Dallas Cowboys.

12. Darthphere

Yes, the Mexico result definitely makes me feel better about the US result though I would've been happy with a point.

13. DoomsdayApex

DoomsdayApex Well-Known Member

The US will be fine down the road. I don't see the squad losing 2-3 games. The US is a solid road team. I can't say the same for Mexico. We're 'meh' on the road.

Look on the bright side, at least your squad won't be crucified tomorrow morning by every spanish-speaking media outlet.

14. kit1982

kit1982 Well-Known Member

Plus they didn't really give a **** tonight, most of them seemed to just be jogging round and giving us far more space than a team would in a competitive match. Adriano for example just let Theo run at him, will be more interested to see how the likes of Cleverley and Walcott play against a team who will deny them space and hunt in packs. But saying all that it was nice seeing some vibrancy.

Am I mental to think Gerrards playing aswell now as he ever has done? He seems alot more disciplined and composed, I know everyone loves the lung bursting runs but at times it was abit headless chicken. I Love watching the bloke play at the moment.

15. Darthphere

I think that Gerrard kid will make it some day.

16. ttotheusher

ttotheusher In the Palais

I was actually going to stay up and watch it, but I couldn't find a decent stream anywhere, pretty glad I didn't now. How was the performance? Looked like they got outplayed most of the match, defence ripped to shreds quite a few times.

I actually thought it was the best England team we've put out in a while. No useless make-weights like Milner/Barry (not trying to be biased against City I'll point out) but actual quality; Cleverely/Wilshere/Gerrard seemed to work really well. Maybe swap out Welbeck for Oxlaide-Chamberlain.

I think it's the fact that he can sit back and let other younger players do the running, whilst he can dictate the play with his passing, which has always been superb.

17. the_ultimate_evil

the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

So I take it England are now the usual world beaters and destined to win the World Cup, you know the usual ******** after any win

Still can't believe Northern Ireland was the only home nation that wasn't given tv time:cmad:

18. spidey-dude

spidey-dude Y.N.W.A

Gerrard has been fantastic this year after a couple of injury riddle years

19. bapi

bapi Well-Known Member

Looks like Txiki, agent Zahavi, ex-Barca president Laporta and Neymar's father had dinner in London 2 days ago and Txiki offered a "blank check" for Neymar. City would have to pay his release-clause from his future Barca contract so he'd cost around 60M euro + wages but would be a phenomenal, phenomenal signing.

20. Darthphere

I'm not sold on Neymar.

21. bapi

bapi Well-Known Member

I know he's selfish and when he'll have to play against more discipline teams... he'll struggle. But he's a 'brand' player and will be one of Nike's key faces for next 10, 12 years.

22. spidey-dude

spidey-dude Y.N.W.A

sad day today, Carra has been an absolute legend at the club, want us to really push for that Europa cup now for him to end his career - top man will always be a legend

23. Sebastos

I'll second that.

24. kit1982

kit1982 Well-Known Member

To be honest I think if Baines is going to make a move into the England squad then last night proved that Milner is a must, Baines got overrun when Welbeck was on the left but looked solid as soon as Milner came on. Probably abit of bias because of where he came from but I think Milner cops too much flack.

I'll 2nd Spidey on a sad day re Carragher, great player and seems a good bloke too. On the brighter side I think he has a top future left in coaching.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  25. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Was it not on BBC one or Two?

Nah most England fans I know still think we are average at best. Don't let the usual media circus anytime england wins let you think the average english person is buying it.

Most England fans are just happy to see some kind of improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.