The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half watching the game... But I agree, some really poor calls by the ref. Celtic player fouled, no call... Juve player drops, instant whistle...

But Celtic are fighting hard

Perfect Champions League away performance by Juve, Celtic have had the chances, noone but themselves to blame. I'm fed up with the commentators, watch any match in England, in any division and you'll see defenders pulling players on set pieces. It's not exclusive to Italians, I mean Michael Owen's on twitter having a go.... Michael Owen of Stoke... does he not watch Huth and Shawcross in training?

He's not wrong though... Juve are playing really dirty play and the ref can't seem to care.

No worse than any PL team especially Stoke! It happens all over this country, it happens in Scotland, stop moaning about it and start trying to put away the chances you do make.

Me and the guys at work have the 'Belgium debate' a lot, and whilst were all in agreement they have a superb first 11, the problem lies with there lack of squad depth. Take Kompany out of defence, or Fellaini out of attack, and you will struggle to find players that can fill the gaps.

Very true. I just think there's way too much talent in the first 11 for them not to qualify for major tournaments and make a run. But yes, they would always be an injury or two away from being destroyed. They have some really promising youngsters though.

No worse than any PL team especially Stoke! It happens all over this country, it happens in Scotland, stop moaning about it and start trying to put away the chances you do make.

NO!:cmad::cmad::cmad:

I put some money down for a Celtic victory. Here's hoping for a 4-0 win in Turin. :csad:

I thought someone had accidentally switched the channels to dancing with the stars during the Celtic vs Juve match.

You would say that because your a Leeds fan :oldrazz:

Real are getting nervous... They've used their mouthpiece newspaper to call Rooney a freckled Demon and a hooligan.

Real are getting nervous... They've used their mouthpiece newspaper to call Rooney a freckled Demon and a hooligan.
Our newspapers call him a granny shagger. Sounds pretty tame in comparison :cwink:

Juve was smart. However I like Marchisio more and more. Italy NT midfield (if they'll continue with 4-3-3) Marchisio - De Rossi - Pirlo is very close to Spain NT IMHO.

I would love to see Stoke relegated. I remember when gunners fans were singing we will never see you again when we last played Hull and they were in the ****.

I feel the same way about Neil Warnocks Leeds United! :o:woot:

I must admit I hope Villa stay up, I know it's been said alot about other teams but Villa really are too big to go down. Good club (4th most successful English club) and I have alot of respect for what Lamberts done at Norwich and even this season, he's been dealt a very ****** hand.

I'm hoping Wigan will go down, can't stand Martinez at all, highly rated because he's Spanish and talks a decent game. Took a squad Steve Bruce got to 11th and had them finish 17th by the skin of their teeth practically every year whilst suffering some wonderful defeats like 9-1, 8-0 and 6-0 at home. Paul Jewell resigned because he didn't think he could take Wigan any further than relegation fodder, yet Martinez gets a slap on the back and told how wonderful he is for doing the same thing! If fat Sam or my mate Tone had a record like Martinez, they'd get pelters, but because Martinez is the "in thing" at the moment he gets linked to clubs like Liverpool!

Last edited:
Villa have some how managed to cling to the premier league like poop to toilet paper. They are one of those teams who you wonder how the hell have you never been relegated from the premier league.

If Madrid lose, would not surprise me if Mourinho gets sacked

Ooooooooooh Danny boy!!!!!

0-1

We are looking solid so far, nothing Evra or De Gea could have done about Ronaldo's header, he was up so early & looked like he was in the air for so long, a player of Evra's height had no chance of getting to him. If anything I'd like to have seen Rooney close Di Maria down quicker.. and in truth we need to do that all round. We need to get out & close down Madrid far faster, because the only way I can see them scoring is from a shot from outside the box.

We can't really get Kagawa on the ball enough for him to influence the play, we'd be better served making him play a little deeper or bringing him off & bringing Cleverley on to keep the ball better.

Very happy with the result & to a degree the performance. I felt we had enough to go & get ourselves a goal or two, my big concern was whether we'd be able to be solid enough to prevent Madrid from scoring more. De Gea played very well tonight & in truth the whole defence played well, we somewhat restricted Madrid to shots from outside the box & right into De Gea's strength, which is shot stopping.

The referee really spoiled the tie I felt, he was very erratic & inconsistent with his decisions all night for both sides, however I felt mostly in Madrid's favour. Things that were fouls for Madrid, weren't fouls for us. Rafael was booked for being all over Ozil & Arbeloa wasn't booked for the several times he was pushing, shoving & kicking at the heels of RVP, Rooney & Welbeck. RVP & Valencia's bookings were a joke as well, Ramos was barely touched on both occasions & went down clutching his fat face like he'd been hit by a Jon Jones elbow.

I don't believe we have an advantage, because 1 goal either way at Old Trafford changes everything, had we scored a 2nd I think we'd have had a clear advantage, but not at only 1-1. We will have to make sure & not let them take a lead at Old Trafford, because this Madrid side are masters at time wasting & frustrating teams with their fouls during an attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"