The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
And once again united throw a game away. For **** sake, should have killed it off.

**** me united will kill me, also beautiful assist from one ex arsenal to another lol

Seems something has happened with rio and the city fans. Sky showed him celebrating and then holding his eye then the police in among the city fans.

Ir seems rio runs to the united fans, goes to lift the shirt and it seems something smacked him in the eye.

Last edited:
Happy days 6 clear

At the end tevez was lucky to be on the pitch. Ahh bobby mancs is all sulks

Width, pace, directness... I am happy City do not play in Bundesliga then. It is fair to say Young was on side so if it would be 0:3... game over. I am dissapointed with this match and our whole season.

Width, pace, directness... I am happy City do not play in Bundesliga then. It is fair to say Young was on side so if it would be 0:3... game over. I am dissapointed with this match and our whole season.

I think this whole match would have been different if Tevez had started the match. Mancini has made a lot of questionable tactical decisions this season so far.

YYEEESSSSSSSS!

Good performance from us. We were coming off 2nd best until Rooney popped up for the 1st goal & then after then we looked dangerous everytime we went forward & rightly got a 2nd goal.

2nd half was more of the same, the changing moment came when we had a perfectly good 3rd goal ruled offside & City went up the other end almost immediately & scored. Then City had gradually started to pile on the pressure & eventually got their reward by getting an equaliser.

However brain farts from Clichy, then Tevez, Nasri & Hart all contributed to RVP scoring from a free kick. Regardless of the fact that Nasri was hiding behind Dzeko in the wall, Joe Hart shouldn't have been beat on the side of the net he is supposedly protecting. It was an excellent shot by van Persie as he put it in an area that someone in the box would be able to get into potentially if they'd been quick enough.

Overall I felt we were good value for our win, Cleverley & Carrick were superb in the middle, Young & Valencia were every effective & potent going forward. Rooney was superb all game & van Persie was at the centre of alot of attacks. Very good team performances, De Gea was unlucky today, didn't put a foot wrong in a hostile environment, was unlucky to concede the 1st goal after making 2 excellent saves.

Sad to see a portion of the City fans acting so classless by throwing coins/objects onto the pitch, one of which hitting Ferdinand just above the eye during the celebrations. It wasn't the first time either, Rooney highlighted there were a couple of coins thrown at him when he went to take a corner. Absolute disgrace.

Great 3 points that I think we just merited over the 95 minutes. After the first 15 I feared the worst and in a sense it was a game of chicken, Mancini gambled that Silva and Nasri floating in between the lines would dominate our two man midfield and dictate the game, Fergie played two wingers hoping we'd contain in the middle and exploit the space wide left by Silva and Nasri who don't track back, in the first half Fergie won out.

Second half saw us start well and we should have been 3-0 up when Young's goal was ruled out despite clearly being onside. After that City had us reeling and I knew an equalizer would come, Tevez for Lazytelli had changed thing immensely at that point and I felt Valencia was slowing us down on the counter too often.

I'd begrudgingly settled for 2-2 when RVP stepped up, City will no doubt have an internal enquiry over there defensive set up and Nasri's *****fication, but right now I'm just ecstatic at the fact we nabbed that winner! I bet Martin Tyler is having a weep. :oldrazz:

Great 3 points that I think we just merited over the 95 minutes. After the first 15 I feared the worst and in a sense it was a game of chicken, Mancini gambled that Silva and Nasri floating in between the lines would dominate our two man midfield and dictate the game, Fergie played two wingers hoping we'd contain in the middle and exploit the space wide left by Silva and Nasri who don't track back, in the first half Fergie won out.

Second half saw us start well and we should have been 3-0 up when Young's goal was ruled out despite clearly being onside. After that City had us reeling and I knew an equalizer would come, Tevez for Lazytelli had changed thing immensely at that point and I felt Valencia was slowing us down on the counter too often.

I'd begrudgingly settled for 2-2 when RVP stepped up, City will no doubt have an internal enquiry over there defensive set up and Nasri's *****fication, but right now I'm just ecstatic at the fact we nabbed that winner! I bet Martin Tyler is having a weep. :oldrazz:

:lmao:

City fans showing their class.

Craig-Bellamy-001.jpg

I think this whole match would have been different if Tevez had started the match. Mancini has made a lot of questionable tactical decisions this season so far.

Probably. Kun and Tevez are our best strikers so it is not normal that they do not start every big match.

And it is not a secret that I did not like Nasri before and I like him even less now.

Cool, you found a pic from 3 years ago, doesn't change anything about what happened today. I don't remember any United fans running on the field trying to assault the ref but sure. You weren't even a City fan when Craig Bellamy played for them. :rolleyes:

west ham - liverpool is another amazing game. top day for the premier league.

All that being said, props to Joe Hart for intervening when that fan came on the pitch.

now take this with as much salt as humanly possible but according to talksport the fa are wanting a full investigation into manchester city due to the event that have been reported

• the coin being thrown
  • the fan invading the pitch
  • reports that tevez made a dive at fegire as tevez left the pitch
  • reports of raciest chants

the also have a said old bobby mancs has stated during and interview that city were the better team, city have always been the better team, shown more pride and united have only ever been lucky

now take this with as much salt as humanly possible but according to talksport the fa are wanting a full investigation into manchester city due to the event that have been reported

• the coin being thrown
  • the fan invading the pitch
  • reports that tevez made a dive at fegire as tevez left the pitch
  • reports of raciest chants

the also have a said old bobby mancs has stated during and interview that city were the better team, city have always been the better team, shown more pride and united have only ever been lucky

I only saw him saying that City were the better team in a post match interview.

Massive, massive result for us today. Should of been 4 or 5, Fergie got his tactics spot-on, we played on the counter using the width that City's attacking mid's either side let us have. Fantastic. 6 points clear and we haven't even got to the New Year yet!

Well we need CM's but I don't think the better options will be available in January, but I'd like to see us get Isco if Nani goes and I wouldn't mind the Baines deal happening.....summer targets is a different thing. :twisted:

How many times have we said that? :funny: I have no allusions that we will buy in January, it was more a question for the Chelsea/Liverpool/Newcastle fans on here. Who do you see us buying in the summer? I think we need another decent winger who can play on either flank... and Wanyama. :o

City had absolutely zero width. Valencia & Young kept Clichy & Zabaleta pegged back in their own half for virtually the whole game. City essentially had 4 central players playing midfield & when you are a central player you always look to cut inside. So we had Valencia & Young tracking them back with Carrick & Cleverley plodded in the middle with Rooney roaming around.. they had nowhere to go nor did they have an answer. We somewhat lost our discipline a little when we conceded & started to not track our men as well.

Valencia was so direct & effective in the first half, if he was that direct all the time he'd have 15+ assists a season. He has Nani syndrome at the moment were he stops the ball & waits for a few seconds before trying a cross or pass & it gives opponents a chance to get back, have a look round & see where Rooney, RVP, Welbeck or Hernandez are.. he needs to drum that out of his system.

Falcao was a beast today. Too bad it will be overshadowed by Messi's record breaking performance.

How many times have we said that? :funny: I have no allusions that we will buy in January, it was more a question for the Chelsea/Liverpool/Newcastle fans on here. Who do you see us buying in the summer? I think we need another decent winger who can play on either flank... and Wanyama. :o

It's our mantra! :D In the summer I think we'll have to bring a wide player in if Nani goes, Gotze or Reus would be ideal but unlikely so hopefully we go for Isco or Rodriguez, sadly I expect Zaha. :( I think Fergie will buy a CM this summer although I'd prefer 2, my guess is it'll be Strootman who seems like a more mobile Carrick, and if we get a real top drawer buy I'm thinking it will be Hummels.

City had absolutely zero width. Valencia & Young kept Clichy & Zabaleta pegged back in their own half for virtually the whole game. City essentially had 4 central players playing midfield & when you are a central player you always look to cut inside. So we had Valencia & Young tracking them back with Carrick & Cleverley plodded in the middle with Rooney roaming around.. they had nowhere to go nor did they have an answer. We somewhat lost our discipline a little when we conceded & started to not track our men as well.

Valencia was so direct & effective in the first half, if he was that direct all the time he'd have 15+ assists a season. He has Nani syndrome at the moment were he stops the ball & waits for a few seconds before trying a cross or pass & it gives opponents a chance to get back, have a look round & see where Rooney, RVP, Welbeck or Hernandez are.. he needs to drum that out of his system.

Our wide players certainly were the difference in the first half, the two goals came from there with Young and R%afael getting the assists and our 4 worked as a united with Rooney dropping in while they had a man off in Lazytelli, once they brought Tevez on I feel they became a lot more compact and we weren't troubling them as much.

Valencia seems to be playing with a hip injury from what I've read and it has slowed him down resulting in all the meandering he does, as you say his delaying I think was starting to hurt us on the break and that is why Fergie brought Welbeck on, the problem is with Nani injured as well I'm not sure when Valencia can get a full rest to heal up.

Are you kidding me Falcao?

5 tonight, amazing striker and Messi broke Muller's record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"