The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah South Africa are just setting themselves up for a worse disapointment(imo)

Isco said he'll decide this week and according to Bautista and Hunter if he'll choose Real he'd earn more money. But he'd have to compete with Callejon, Benzema, Ozil, Modric, Ronaldo, Di Maria and maybe Bale or Suarez. Also they change their managers every year and after all... Real won only two or three trophies in last five seasons (like City). I'm confident. :hrt:

I highly doubt Manchester City have offered Isco less money than Real Madrid. Look at the fee they are willing to pay for him, you think they are going to start looking to save beans at the contract stage & risk losing him by holding off £10k, £20k or £30k?

Sure if he goes to City he'll have even more competition for a role in the team given that Silva essentially plays Isco's position(s) in the team. If he goes with playing 2 playmakers, which was a problem for City last year with Silva & Nasri, they then have no width, which was another problem. They'd also I would think need to employ a holding CM meaning Fernandinho & Toure would be in competition for a place with Garcia & Barry competing to the holding midfielder role. Then you've to think of Milner, Rodwell, Sinclair & of course Navas.

In recent years City have changed their manager just as much as Real Madrid have if not moreso. If Pellegrini finishes another season trophy-less or with 1 of the domestic cups, after they've invested another £100m in the team, you think there won't be any pressure on him? Look at what Mancini was sacked for, he finished 2nd in the league I dunno what was it like 10 points behind Manchester United & an FA Cup finalist. With the exception of poor Champions League form, the sacking of Mancini proves one thing. City's owners are just as impatient as Abramovich & Real Madrid's President. They expect a return on the money they are investing, they don't care about the style in which they are winning as you believe, they care about trophies & trophies alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"