The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thread Manager, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Tevez to Juventus for €9m. That should mean Arsenal will get Higuain. :up:

I dunno man, he's got a good record for Napoli but I think he has pressure question marks over him, and that is a big deal when you are talking £55M.

2. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

He's been pretty awful for Uruguay lately.

3. Kaleb

Kaleb Devil of Hells Kitchen

4. spidey-dude

spidey-dude Y.N.W.A

yeah I think he's made his own bed in england and not prepared to lay in it and issued a bit of a come and get me to Madrid.... but I really think Madrid have other targets... maybe theyll go in for him after his comments but im not sure....

5. Grommers

Grommers Well-Known Member

Yeah, i'm with you on that.

Damn, that sucks about tevez to juventus, that means arsenal will probably be able to pay whatever they feel like for higuain as we probably don't have any other suitors.

6. Van Petrol

Van Petrol Guest

Yeah, true. I reckon Mourinho will make him a hit though, as I presume he'll be deployig him to try a make him Drogba Mk II.

7. Grommers

I can't see mourinho wanting him tbh, lewandowski fits more into mourinho's plans.

I just dont know if chelsea will be able to pry him away from dortmund. Mourinho seems to be a fan of big strikers, hence when he had the opportunity to sign adebayor on loan for RM, he went for it. Cavani is much like torres to me, and just obviously a lot more consistent and better version.

It will be most interesting to see what happens with Chelsea, Man city, and RM this summer, Barcelona originally talked about signing 5 new players, so far one has been signed.

8. Van Petrol

Van Petrol Guest

Cavani is pretty beastly and powerful though. Once he adapts to the league, I don't think he'd have any problems jostling with the physical bully type challenges he'd get.

9. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

I think a lot may rest on whether they can get Bale or Cavani, if not then I could see them firming up their interest in Suarez. As a fan do you want him to stay because quite frankly he's such a damn good player? or do you feel he's disrespected the club and fans who stood by him and would rather see him sold for a big fee that would be invested into the squad?

It's certainly possible, I mean he did manage to get Benzema's head sorted out. However I think you'll have a good buy if you get Higuain and he'll surprise some when he's made the main striker and first choice, not to mention no longer competing with Ronaldo for central space on the pitch as well lol.

10. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Shurrle and Mignolet deals done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. spidey-dude

spidey-dude Y.N.W.A

yeah I agree that alot depends on whether they get one (or both) of those two... I want him to stay, he is a fantastic player

12. the_ultimate_evil

the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Really starting to get pissed with this. A lot of my united mates are saying not to worry the deals are done and we're just biding time on news

Sorry but with the media the way it is your telling me if fertile or moves had deals done and dusted someone somewhere wouldn't have leaked the news with proof.

13. Van Petrol

Van Petrol Guest

I don't know man, I've got a funny feeling he's going to flop, personally. Hope I'm wrong though. I also hope he's not the only big name player we bring in.

14. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

I can understand that mate, I think we have all had a player at one point where we say "He's a ****, but he's our ****" because he's such a good player, I was already preparing myself for that mentality if we got Di Maria lol.

I see, I thought you'd be more optimistic given he has a pretty good track record in a team where he's competed with Benzema, played second fiddle to Ronaldo and never been truly appreciated. At 25 I think he's at the exact point where Wenger can take him and make him the full finished article. What other big name player are you hoping for?

15. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

16. B

B [insert witty comment]

I'm no geography expert, but isn't Italy just as far if not further away from Argentina than England?

17. the_ultimate_evil

18. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

So the rumor is, Ronaldo either met or is going to meet with United but part of the deal is Rooney going the other way. If that happens, I will laugh my ass off. You done ****ed up Rooney.

19. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

If Evra wants to go back to France we will need a new LB and Baines has been very good for 3 seasons now. Personally I'd rather we kept Evra another season and see what is on offer next summer, but if needs must Baines is about as good as we can get except for his age.

Isco to Real is going to be interesting given where he plays positionally.

If we can get this deal done for Rooney + £40M it will be absolutely golden!

20. B

B [insert witty comment]

Meh, Baines is alright but to be honest I feel a left back is probably quite low on are needs right now. Evra is 32 but hasn't lost his pace yet & he had a very strong season last year for us.

I've also been quite content with what I've seen Buttner offer when he has come into the side, he's a little suspect defensively, then again so is Baines, but going forward he looks like a spare LW.

Given that Jonny Evans is also capable of playing left back as well.. and Fabio, really that money should be spent elsewhere as Baines is 28, Evra could potentially have 2 more seasons in him.. maybe more without losing his legs & we have adequate cover for him within the club already.

I always felt Isco would goto Madrid, Pellegrini would have been the only reason for him joining City other than money.

21. Van Petrol

Van Petrol Guest

Tbh, I don't even know. I've grown fed up of thinking of potential players I'd like to see brought in because the liklihood is we'd just flirt with them, show no intent and instead identify them for our rivals to snap up. I've also lost so much interest in the game lately I really have no idea what's going on anymore, nor do I have any incline to get interested again.

22. the_ultimate_evil

I understand that but wasn't buttner bought to replace evra , and again he has never really had a chance. Baines is a great player I'm not disputing that, it just again united are putting a sticking plaster over a minor nick while the open wound of the midfield is ignored.

23. kit1982

kit1982 Well-Known Member

The thing is you can't just replace Evra with Baines and keep playing the same sort of system. Baines doesn't have the pace, athleticism or ability on the ball that Evra does. Generally when he's played for England he's looked poor when he's had a direct attacking winger in front of him and a lot more assured with a workhorse like Milner. I dunno, he's a good player at Everton but is he a Manchester United calibre player? They quite regularly have been humped by the better sides, it feels a little bit like the Ashley Young signing to me.

Just to add I think I may have to spend this summer *****ing about your clubs signings, because yet again Leeds are skint!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  24. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

I just don't see Rooney going Spain, I think he want a English club - Chelsea perhaps.

£40m would sweet deal if we get Ronnie Rooney going other way. But I would liked having Ronnie RVP & Rooney in the same team :(

25. Grommers

I honestly can't see Ronaldo leaving madrid, and I'm surprised there's so much speculation. With moyes now in charge of Man UTD, it's even less incentive.

I believe perez when he says ronnie will retire at madrid, with the exception of course if he feels like playing in the mls ever, as I could see him loving the american dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.