The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
FT City 1-2 Spurs

Big wins for Spurs and Arsenal today, title race just got a whole lot tighter.

Im a United fan and I would love to see spurs win the title.

Praise the lord we won. Welbeck back from the injury list to net a winner.

A lot of northerners second favorite team is Spurs for some reason.

Last edited:
Praise the lord we won. Welbeck back from the injury list to net a winner.

A lot of northerners second favorite team is Spurs for some reason

They generally dont get in the way of us winning a trophy unlike an Arsenal or Chelsea. :cwink:

It would be great if Leicester won the PL IMO. If they do, I think they will leave it late (ie until the final few games) like Atletico in 13/14.

Just moving my post from the previous locked thread
The season has barely even just started (only 2 weeks in) and Boca Jr are going to fire their Manager if they loose their game tonight against Tucaman, which is a really crappy situation for the Manager to be in considering they won the league and cup title last season, all this because they lost a few meaningless ''friendlies'' in the preseason against River Plate.

Supposedly Guillermo Barros Schelotto (ex Palermo Manager) is already lined up to be their new Manager

...and Boca have lost to newly promoted club Tucaman, which should be enough to get Arruabarrena (Boca Manager) fired (which was the agreement earlier this week)

Am I the only one who thought the two yellows for Simpson were harsh?

Really impressed by Spurs, obviously the Sterling handball was a nonsense but they really have a resilience that you don't associate with Spurs. They seem as understated as their manager.

...and Boca have lost to newly promoted club Tucaman, which should be enough to get Arruabarrena (Boca Manager) fired (which was the agreement earlier this week)
So, when will we know if he is fired or not?

Watched the games in a pub in camden and must say it was a mental day.

So it looks like it might be between spurs, arsenal And leicester (joke the older fans might get).

By the way that was 100% not a penalty today. For those who think i'm biased.

So, when will we know if he is fired or not?

Best guess would be tomorrow morning,cant stand the team but it just really sucks for him,managed them to both the League title and Cup Champions last season and 2 games this season in and he gets sacked.

By the way that was 100% not a penalty today. For those who think i'm biased.

Handballs are the worst because the rule is so fuzzy, and every ref seems to have his own interpretation of it. To me it was a penalty because Sterling's arm was sticking out in an unnatural position that clearly made him bigger and covered more ground, so I felt the handball was correct. But I've heard others say otherwise.

Handballs are the worst because the rule is so fuzzy, and every ref seems to have his own interpretation of it. To me it was a penalty because Sterling's arm was sticking out in an unnatural position that clearly made him bigger and covered more ground, so I felt the handball was correct. But I've heard others say otherwise.

I can see why it was given. Just don't think it was personally. But i will take it all day long.

If I was part of a team that was losing 3-1 with 10 minutes left & then had the opposition team win a penalty then proceed to pass from the penalty spot then score to make it 4-1. Those last 10 minutes would pretty much be spent with me trying to break the legs of the penalty taker (ie passer) & the scorer.

Think that was incredibly disrespectful from Messi & Suarez last night. I actually thought the last time this sort of rubbish happened that I'd read that you couldn't pass from the penalty spot & that the ball must go out of play, bounce off keeper or woodwork before another one of your players could touch the ball.

If Messi wanted Suarez to get his hat-trick why didn't he you know do the normal thing & let Suarez just take the penalty himself?

:funny: The over reaction to the penalty is hilarious. People are going on about it the same way they go on about a potential leg breaker. I guarantee if Leicester did it everyone would be applauding their adventurous spirit and fearlessness.

Copa Libertadores groups (starts tomorrow)
Ca_CXVEWAAQoqnw.jpg:large

i'd like to say im in shock that the board still dont have anything to say on lvg, but its becoming boring now

It would make sense for them not to say anything if it's already a done deal behind the scenes that someone else (Mou?) will take over in the summer. Problem is that 4th spot is looking less realistic with each weekend, and even though City has been disappointing lately, it's not like we're really stressing them either. 6 points, feels more like 12 at this point. Maybe due to respect for LVG they will give him the whole season and then see him go, in a more graceful manner than Moyes, but on the other side of that coin, is it really worth throwing away a Champions League spot over that?

Lol we have no fit full backs and our squad is monumentally underpowered, why on earth do people think Mourinho would be able to get us fourth?

whats im worried about is united's backroom staff have for a lack of a better word been very lackadaisical when it comes to deals so if a jose deal is not done they could lose out by dragging theyre feet

plus they are sticking with a manager who is throwing players under the bus. he's now dissed bastion in the press

However, during December I said that I expect more and he was very disappointed I said that, but I think I can say that because my expectation is higher.

now i dont give a damn how bad a player is you dont do that. that **** gets dealt with internally

Lol we have no fit full backs and our squad is monumentally underpowered, why on earth do people think Mourinho would be able to get us fourth?

Because people are too enamoured by his history to accept reality...

What good does keeping LvG in charge do us? I'd prefer to let Jose use the rest of the season to work with the kids if he really is coming in next season. LvG is a lame duck. He is not coming back next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"