The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - Part 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Running towards an official to contest a decision"

So that means a yellow card for every time the whistle blows then as every decision is contested in pretty much every game ever.

Not many players going to be left on the pitch if these are implemented to the letter.
They should do this. Because once people get sent off like crazy, they will stop doing it.

but how many matches are you willing to see end up a farce before the players stop... and how do you prevent the idiotic officials sending players off for calmly questioning a decision?

"Running towards an official to contest a decision"

So that means a yellow card for every time the whistle blows then as every decision is contested in pretty much every game ever.

Not many players going to be left on the pitch if these are implemented to the letter.
That one I'm not too comfortable with. You could be running to point something out calmly that's been missed. Running itself is not exactly a heinous crime by itself, just depends if you are being aggressive.

but how many matches are you willing to see end up a farce before the players stop... and how do you prevent the idiotic officials sending players off for calmly questioning a decision?

I don't care if it happens every game till the idiots who have been doing this realise and stop. And if they're questioning calmly then refs sending them off are themselves doing an equivalent crime (aggression or lack of by the players will be apparent from the cameras even if swearing might not always be) and should be taken off duty.

Hmm, wonder how he'll get on there. Could be a good fresh start for him.

Every match until it stops. And I don't want players questioning officials. It is unnecessary. It does not change the ref's mind, if anything, it digs them in. The only players who should be allowed to talk to the ref are the captains. Other then that, shut up.

Rugby, a far more violent and emotional game, can have grown men learn this. What makes it so difficult for football?

sorry iceman but I think that's a load of ****... the officials are already ****ing up regularly and nothing is happening to them, so giving them more chances to **** up rather than train them better/give them the tools to see incidents better is NOT something i'm looking forward to at all.

there is NOTHING wrong with a player calmly telling a ref he thinks he's made the wrong call and if that is going to be illegal then the FA are ****ing up big time.

I bet you if the officials stopped making ****e calls so regularly then most of the players that start gesticulating or shouting at them will stop.

sorry iceman but I think that's a load of ****... the officials are already ****ing up regularly and nothing is happening to them, so giving them more chances to **** up rather than train them better/give them the tools to see incidents better is NOT something i'm looking forward to at all.

there is NOTHING wrong with a player calmly telling a ref he thinks he's made the wrong call and if that is going to be illegal then the FA are ****ing up big time.

I bet you if the officials stopped making ****e calls so regularly then most of the players that start gesticulating or shouting at them will stop.
How come in rugby they are able to do this, but football it is so hard? You assume just because someone is speaking "calmly" they aren't lying, trying to change the refs opinion simply because they want the advantage for their team.

Also, complaining about the refs while they won't give them help from the available tech is rather unfair. There is just stuff they can't see. They are being asked to guess a lot of the time.

Last edited:

Most of the time it is not a player calmly protesting a false decision though is it? That happens as often as when half the team run up to the ref aggressively even when the decision is not false and they know it just because it's a big one that isn't in their favour. Don't think we're gonna agree on this one. As Darth mentioned before there is no reason to be debating the decision unless you've seen something which all the officials have missed. Whether a player thinks for eg a penalty was a penalty or a red a red is no more relevant than what someone in the stands thinks. The only player who should be allowed to speak to the ref should be the team captain, and that would have to be done in a respectful way like it is in rugby.

As for that bet I'll take it. The officials get bullied whenever they give a big decision, even if it's the correct one and there are and will be loads of examples. The fact that many of them make so many mistakes so regularly is a different issue which should be dealt with separately (better training, demotion, temp bans, even fines ;)) rather than denying these suggested remedial tools to those who are good.

Last edited:
According to Sky Sports, Georginio Wijnaldum is currently having a medical at Liverpool's training ground.

I'm excited as a neutral lol.

So they've swapped an antiquinted footballing dinosaur long ball merchant for.......a slightly younger long ball merchant. Great. Just when you were hoping that they'd see the light and appoint a progressive manager with fresh ideas and exciting football, they appoint Fat Sam.

I officially give up.

The funny thing is after all this time we still have a similar pool of talent to what we had when McClaren got the job so the guys in contention are the ones that lost out to McClaren!

I like Big Sam, he's an arrogant gob****e but he's underrated and gets results. It'll certainly be interesting.

Allardyce is very good at relegation battles, but the one time he had a "top" club (LOL), he kinda exposed himself as a limited manager with limited ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"