The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - Part 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the idea is to try something else. To do something different, to help push them over the top the CL. Whether that works or not, well we shall see.

It's going to be interesting to see how it does work given the fee involved, they have also bought a winger called Pjaca, he had a couple of good sub appearances for Croatia in the Euros, which might indicate the switch from 3-5-2 to a 4-3-3.

The Pogba-circus is frustrating because you just want it over with. Outside of Man United it feels like most of the top clubs, minus Arsenal have been pretty serious this summer and strengthened wisely. Considering Leicester won last season, this is the season I've been the most excited about in a long time because there are no favorites to win it.

I expect Real didn't forget about the De Gea incident and will make signing Pogba as difficult as possible.

Juventus is taking a cue from Bayern and buying the best players from their nearest rivals doesn't augur well for Serie A at all. Juve has been the all conquering side in Italian domestic football for some years and now they will run circles around the other clubs in Italy. Serie A will turn into a joke now.

The widespread reports for the past few weeks seem to indicate that the transfer fee between clubs & personal terms with the player have been long agreed. The only remaining negotiations were involving some sort of sell on fee percentage agreed between Juventus & agent with Juventus wanting United to pay it.

As for Real Madrid they reportedly pulled out long ago because unless they were to sell (hense why James Rodriguez has been touted around by Real Madrid), they cannot compete with United's offer with their last bid which was apparently being €60m over a month ago which Juventus immediately rejected.

The deal could obviously still fall apart, until he's actually pictured holding a new United shirt, anything could happen, but those seem to be the widespread "facts".

Last edited:
Fourth substitute to be allowed in latter stages of FA Cup from this season onwards. The rule will be introduced in the FA Cup from the quarter-final stage.

Allegedly the Pogba to United move is going to be imminently announced by Juventus according to Di Marzio...

Fourth substitute to be allowed in latter stages of FA Cup from this season onwards. The rule will be introduced in the FA Cup from the quarter-final stage.

Only for extra time though.

Adidas released a video of Pogba involving Old Trafford & the MUFC creast

my eyes are bleeding....

Ibra making his debut against Galatasaray; rest of the XI is: De Gea, Shaw, Bailly, Blind, Valencia, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Rooney and Martial.

Ibra scores three minutes into his first game. Only a friendly but he does know how to introduce himself.

Jonathan Calleri joining West Ham on a 1yr loan deal.

Ibra scores three minutes into his first game. Only a friendly but he does know how to introduce himself.
It's not even a surprise with this guy lol.

Edgardo Bauza has been announced as the new coach for the Argentina NT

Disappointed to read that Mourinho has apparently told Schweinsteiger he isn't in his plans for next season & to find a new club.

Disappointing for a couple of reasons, firstly, I thought despite having a mixed season, he'd a better year last year than Carrick & Schneiderlin.

Secondly, I've been a fan of Schweinsteiger for years when he was at Bayern, I'd have loved for us to have signed him 5 or 6 years ago when he was around 25, he'd have been a valid replacement for Scholes when he retired.

Thirdly & most importantly, we've told Schweinsteiger he can go & we've reportedly made him train with the reserves and yet Felliani remains with our only possible option for getting rid of him being if Moyes makes a move for Sunderland. :fst:

It's probably just an age thing with Schweini. Yeah you just bought him too late in his career. Could have been a giant here at his peak.

On one hand I think he deserves to be treated better, but on the other hand, Mourinho has taken over a squad from LVG/Moyes. There is some greatness in here, but also some deadwood. I fully understand Mourinho needing to trim out the fat that he doesn't want at the club, even if it sucks. It's more about the HOW and not why.

It's probably just an age thing with Schweini. Yeah you just bought him too late in his career. Could have been a giant here at his peak.

See I thought that might be the case as well or that Mourinho perhaps doesn't want anyone at the club based on sentiment or past glory.. but he gave Carrick a new 1 year deal which would somewhat dismiss that theory.

With the potential arrival of Pogba though we could end up having 5 or 6 players who's main position is CM so I do appreciate someone will probably need to make way, but personally I'd have thought Felliani should have been the first out the door perhaps followed by probably Carrick based on his age & given he hasn't really shown much since Ferguson retired... but then again very few of the remaining alumni from Ferguson's last team have under Moyes or LvG.

On one hand I think he deserves to be treated better, but on the other hand, Mourinho has taken over a squad from LVG/Moyes. There is some greatness in here, but also some deadwood. I fully understand Mourinho needing to trim out the fat that he doesn't want at the club, even if it sucks. It's more about the HOW and not why.

For sure he deserves respect, I do hope this nonsense I'm reading about him being sent to train with the reserves isn't true to be honest. Fair enough if he isn't in your plans, but he shouldn't be treated as if he's done something wrong.. unless he has done something behind the scenes.

See I thought that might be the case as well or that Mourinho perhaps doesn't want anyone at the club based on sentiment or past glory.. but he gave Carrick a new 1 year deal which would somewhat dismiss that theory.

With the potential arrival of Pogba though we could end up having 5 or 6 players who's main position is CM so I do appreciate someone will probably need to make way, but personally I'd have thought Felliani should have been the first out the door perhaps followed by probably Carrick based on his age & given he hasn't really shown much since Ferguson retired... but then again very few of the remaining alumni from Ferguson's last team have under Moyes or LvG.
I think that's because he's English and a Utd guy over a number of seasons. Mourinho has mentioned at previous clubs the importance of having some players local to the country/area. If he were taking over Bayern for eg and both players had been there, I'm pretty confident it would have been Carrick getting the boot and Schweini retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"