The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - Part 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media/Arsenal fans have been doing this dance for like a decade. They always look good this time of year, are in the top 3 positions at Christmas, and then fall apart from around February.

Last week they look good and it's all smiles and "Title race is on!", after tonight's game it'll be back to "Wenger should've been out years ago!".

The media/Arsenal fans have been doing this dance for like a decade. They always look good this time of year, are in the top 3 positions at Christmas, and then fall apart from around February.

Last week they look good and it's all smiles and "Title race is on!", after tonight's game it'll be back to "Wenger should've been out years ago!".
They are too inconsistent and have been for over a decade now. How can you expect anything?

It's deceptive because they sometimes look extremely good, they play good football. The biggest issue is they have lambs for players, Wenger doesn't instill a fighting spirit in his players, they'll never outdo teams like City/Chelsea (even Leicester last season) who will put blood and sweat into their games.

They're soft-hearted and want to win with champagne football and Wenger is stubbornly opposed to ever grinding out dirty wins.

The laughable part is how the media do this little dance every year, and get fans and pundits caught up in it too.

It's deceptive because they sometimes look extremely good, they play good football. The biggest issue is they have lambs for players, Wenger doesn't instill a fighting spirit in his players, they'll never outdo teams like City/Chelsea (even Leicester last season) who will put blood and sweat into their games.

They're soft-hearted and want to win with champagne football and Wenger is stubbornly opposed to ever grinding out dirty wins.

The laughable part is how the media do this little dance every year, and get fans and pundits caught up in it too.
I agree with you pretty much completely on this. Which is exactly why I don't get why it is deceptive. If I was an Arsenal fan, I'd expect it. Fans can ignore the media when they annoy them, but eat it up when they are loving that sexy, sexy football.

I agree with you pretty much completely on this. Which is exactly why I don't get why it is deceptive. If I was an Arsenal fan, I'd expect it. Fans can ignore the media when they annoy them, but eat it up when they are loving that sexy, sexy football.

Hah, I think it's that "sexy, sexy football" that draws them back in each and every time and gives them hope. They see Ozil decimate a couple of Bulgarian farmers in the CL group stages and it seems like Arsenal are destined for greatness this season, finally. The sad part for Arsenal is they really are like a 5% adjustment away from being a great team, but because of who Wenger is as a manager they'll never, ever develop that 5%.

The media just plunders this narrative because they know it gets hits and gets people talking, the same way criticizing Guardiola's style of play or Mourinho's temperament will always, always have legs. The whole "Is this finally Arsenal's year?" is a fairytale that the press just can't stop themselves from getting involved in.

Hah, I think it's that "sexy, sexy football" that draws them back in each and every time and gives them hope. They see Ozil decimate a couple of Bulgarian farmers in the CL group stages and it seems like Arsenal are destined for greatness this season, finally. The sad part for Arsenal is they really are like a 5% adjustment away from being a great team, but because of who Wenger is as a manager they'll never, ever develop that 5%.

The media just plunders this narrative because they know it gets hits and gets people talking, the same way criticizing Guardiola's style of play or Mourinho's temperament will always, always have legs. The whole "Is this finally Arsenal's year?" is a fairytale that the press just can't stop themselves from getting involved in.
Bulgarian farmers. :funny:

As I listen to 606 for ****s and giggles, you are exactly right. The fans almost want to fall for these narratives. But Wenger's stubbornness won't allow it. Last year, maybe. But that chance might be gone now.

Bulgarian farmers. :funny:

As I listen to 606 for ****s and giggles, you are exactly right. The fans almost want to fall for these narratives. But Wenger's stubbornness won't allow it. Last year, maybe. But that chance might be gone now.

I don't blame them to be honest, I think Arsenal fans have it tough. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. I'd be ****ing livid if the board and manager in combination consistently got the team to 90% and never took the time and effort to just adjust whatever's necessary to push them to win the title.

They could still do it, with how competitive the league is some losses should be expected, but I just don't see it considering their level of effort. You'd have thought that the prospect of going top of the league with a victory would've been sufficient to get them to finish their chances, but they meandered through the game and got dunked by a last minute smash and grab.

Anyways, hopefully United can bury Palace tonight and still have enough left in the tank for West Brom. Two away games isn't ideal and we need a solid Christmas period since the fixtures are rather reasonable.

Newcastle winning 1-0 away to Wigan. We need the win as Brighton overtook us for first.

Liverpool 1 up away to Middlesborough and Spurs 1-0 against Hull at home.

Rojo lucky not to red there.

Getting really ****ing sick and tired of seeing that lunatic lunging in with both feet... other than that he should be red carded for EVERY ONE OF THEM.... the ****er is going to end a career with a lunge sooner or later.

get the **** off the pitch

Chelsea also 1 up. Victory would give them a 10th consecutive win.

Liverpool 2 up. Utd and City 1 up. Good for the big teams so far. Spurs also 1 up. That Arsenal result is looking even worse now!

Thankfully Newcastle get a 2nd after not playing too well in the 2nd half and coming under pressure.

Palace equalise against Utd. Bad news!

United played like a cheap piano, they don't seem to be taking this seriously and have zero intensity. Roooney looks like he has a bag of rocks at each ankle.

United denied an absolute stonewall penalty...

Oh my God...ball in the back of the net and incorrectly called offside...is this ****ing real?

Apparently Utd denied a penalty and goal.

Honestly unreal, happened within thirty seconds of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"