The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - Part 44

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thread Manager, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Endless WE are Groot

I think they'll go down anyway. And I hope they do. The likes of Vardy need to be humbled. No one knew who he was until his late 20s. There is a reason for that.

2. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

So Ranieri lost the players, so that is their fault. Right...

3. BatmanBeyond Shadow On The Run

No, but let's not pretend the players shouldn't share part of the responsibility for the team's abysmal performances this season. It's way too easy to lay the blame at the feet of one man when the details involved aren't really clear.

4. DeadPresident Registered

As paid professionals I also think there should be a floor on how much motivation they need just to stay in the league. Surely these guys realize if they drop salaries might suffer, they may not be as likely to make the international squad, etc. A certain minimum performance can surely be expected of the current PL champions.

5. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I have no problem blaming the players. It is the idea that they let the manager down or its all their fault that is my problem.

He gets all the credit for last year, when it was the players who were actually on the pitch. It is all about how he gave teams hope, how it was how he managed the players, about his tactics. But now that doesn't count.

6. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

There is a reason most of these players are at Leicester and a bigger club. If things aren't perfect, they aren't going to do all that well. They will have peaks and valleys. Which is exactly why they aren't at a bigger club. Why Vardy passed on Arsenal.

The one player who has shown the appetite and skill left for a club where they are motivated to succeed every single match.

7. Hunter Rider Ronin

Leicester's performance exposed the players, who knows what went on behind the scenes but the bottom line is that you can't fire a whole team, so Ranieri had to be sacrificed to try and keep the club up.

Liverpool's performance helped them mind you, they were very flat and I think as I suspected that Klopp's pressing obessions style if hard to maintain in a league like the PL, even with the amount of rest they've had between games this season.

8. Grommers King Grommers

Yeah, if Ranieri got rewarded for the success last season, than surely he deserves to take the brunt for failure.

I still wish they had let him finish his CL run, I honestly think they would have went incredibly farther than anyone expected under him.

9. AverageMan Fighting for Average men

Purely stating what Carragher said.
    I see it both ways.
    Yes, blame the players as success clearly went to their heads as they all got nice £100k contracts. Rested on their laurels & thought they'd made it. Also not the 1st case of player power, won't be the last.
    That being said, Ranieri also, rightly, carries the majority of the blame. he did absolutely nothing to develop their game, just thought they could replicate the season before - but teams have obviously caught them out.
    He also spent a small fortune on players who haven't improved the team - Slimani, Musa etc, while not replacing Kante.

10. DeadPresident Registered

Enrique confirms he won't be at Barcelona next season. Pochettino and Sampaoli from Sevilla apparently the front runners for the job.

11. AverageMan Fighting for Average men

I think Pochettino would thrive in a big club environment (no disrespect to Spurs). He's tactically astute, a good motivator & so far, hasn't really made a bad signing (Jannsen?)
    Given the resources at his disposal at Barca & the youth team at La Masia, he really could develop into one of the world's best coaches.
    My only worry is it would be too big of a jump - ala Moyes to Utd.

12. BlackFox Monster Hunter

Lawd, Griezmann's goal last night, get this kid here, get him the number 7 shirt and lets rock.

Also get well soon Torres, looked bad but fingers crossed.

13. BatmanBeyond Shadow On The Run

Looked pretty sickening on the replays, but thankfully it seems he'll be fine.

14. Hunter Rider Ronin

Yeah, ridiculous strike! :hmr:

[YT]svT5ahJA8Gk[/YT]

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

It looks great at full speed...but looking at in slo mo -..yeah I would have saved it. :woot:

16. BlackFox Monster Hunter

You need to get in goal for the Toon then. :sly:

Our team today for Bournemouth visitors. Interesting to see how we play today after last weeks cup win but awful display. Will we step it up or fall asleep? A win today would actually move us up the table with Arsenal playing Liverpool this weekend.

Man Utd XI: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Carrick, Pogba, Mata, Rooney, Martial, Ibrahimovic.

17. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Haha.

And looking at Jose's face after a CUP WIN, I reckon he read them all the riot act (as well he should) and I wouldn't be surprised to see a better performance today.

18. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Pogba should have done better there.

19. DeadPresident Registered

United will definitely make it more difficult for themselves than it needs to be. Rooney is unfortunately a liability.

20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Goal to Utd! Falls very nicely for Rojo after the ball was drilled into the box, bit of luck about it but it'll do.

21. DeadPresident Registered

Considering they created like 5 score-able chances it's bizarre that the goal would come from a weird deflection falling to Rojo, but we'll take them any way they come. 1-0 to United from Marcos Rojo.

22. BlackFox Monster Hunter

Hopefully the flood gates open and we bag a few more while on top, does look like they have had a rocket this week though, playing well. Just that finishing issue again.

23. DeadPresident Registered

It would be nice tog get another solid 3-0 win, my biggest hope is that United don't concede, after the final they need to solidify the defense a bit more.

24. DeadPresident Registered

United just making sure we keep it interesting, 1-1 off a Josh King penalty.

25. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

1-1 after the pen. Mourinho not looking happy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.