The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - Part 45

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thread Manager, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackFox Monster Hunter

1-0 Juve - Higuain with a fantastic team goal, stunning counter attacking play.

2. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Higuain puts Juve 1 up.

3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Higuain gets his 2nd. Juve 2 up!

4. BlackFox Monster Hunter

Monaco looking a bit naive here, Juve picking them off at ease.

5. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

And they will be able to defend this lead at home. Real Juve looking ever closer. That's the final the competition needs now.

6. Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Juventus and that solid what you can call a 3-6-1 formation. Seriously Real Madrid ain't going to penetrate that often if at all.

7. BlackFox Monster Hunter

Yeah can see it being a tight final at this rate.

8. BlackFox Monster Hunter

Didnt realise but also tonight Ajax won their first leg game 4-1 against Lyon in the Europa, bit of a surprise but apparently they have a new crop of decent young talent which obviously worked tonight.

9. DeadPresident Registered

Whoa, barring a massive upset that pretty much nails on their final place, or at the very least makes it exceptionally difficult for Lyon. I remember they were tough opposition in last season's competition, it was against them that Shaw broke his leg if I'm not mistaken?

On United's front it seems like Shaw is out for the rest of the season but Mourinho said in his conference today that Jones, Smalling, Mata, Bailly, and Pogba are all available for selection so we should be able to put a decent enough team out. They've had 5 losses in their last 6 league games and conceded 3 goals in a few of those ties, with the players we've got we really need to be getting like a 2-0 win.

10. Blitzkrieg Registered

I watched the 2nd half of the Ajax vs Lyon game and Ajax were amazing. They threatened to score with every attack and frankly they easily could have scored a few more with better finishers. The team is very young, with the average age of the starting XI being somewhere around 22 yrs.

11. B [insert witty comment]

Very sad to hear/read that Aaron Lennon was detained & is suffering from some form mental troubles. :(

12. Hunter Rider Ronin

Yeah it's like both Jones and Smalling realized they needed to get a shufty on or they'd be looking for a new club in the summer, and in truth I still think one of them will go, but if one of them can play tonight to give and the other Sunday, giving Bailly enough recovery time for his ankle before the second leg with Celta, that would be ideal. Mata and Mkhi could be key in attack in the EL, they both thrive in that pace of football and have the tachncial ability and the vision to exploit it. I agree about midfield, we have to keep Pogba and Herrera fit for the EL games, it's a shame that now the CB's are back Jose wont consider using Blind as a CM just for one game, like I think he could operate fine against Arsenal.

Yeah, we obviously don't know if the players are being soft or not, only the medical team know, but I have to think if Jose is so clearly annoyed by both that he's been told by the medial staff that there is no danger to them to play, just some discomfort. Not playing Axel against Swansea is where I think Jose's caution over young players needed checking, out of the next 4 games it was the one where we could have risked it, yet he still played Bailly who then got injured.

13. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Oh damn. :csad:

Good luck to him.

14. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

And the Daily Mail was right on form, highlighting how much £££ he's on per week, as if it was relevant. Like someone who is rich shouldnt be suffering from mental health problems or something.

After the Sun, they are my most reviled paper. Full of horrible, vindictive, rascist, bigots.

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yep. Is The Sun really worse? I thought they were worse in terms of reporting untrue stories (and of course they have been reprehensible on those well known footballing stories where they told a pack of lies), but The Mail's editorial and general intentions behind the stories they choose to publish and the headlines they use seems worse. Both have a long way to go before they can be considered legit bog-roll though!

16. DeadPresident Registered

I remember reading Steven Gerrard's autobiography and he mentioned how maliciously and irresponsibly The Sun covered the Hillsborough disaster, so they're pretty deplorable. Most of the rags these days though seem to have absolutely no shame in raking people over the coals or misrepresenting things to get as much traction as possible. Them all going out of business would do the world a favor.

17. Hunter Rider Ronin

Unfortunately the Monaco vs Juve tie is panning out as I expected, Juve's nous, experience and defensive quality would be too much for the exciting young Monaco side.

That was a surprise, Ajax are a nice footballing team and maybe we should have figured they had more to them when they beat Shalke, but they are not even going to win the Eredivisie so the big win over Lyon did catch me off guard, although I'm high on Dolberg's talent, kid is going to be one of the best strikers in the worlds within the next 3-5- years.

18. DeadPresident Registered

It does seem a little odd that after Mourinho's most recent comments they're suddenly back in training, yeah. Fortunately it should mean we can field a strong side tonight, Mata and Mkhitaryan have both seemed better in Europe than in the PL this season, particularly Mkhitaryan, they should be able to give any defense some issues. Very true about Blind, if the CBs are available he'd make a great substitute for Carrick or Herrera for some PL games to make sure the latter are fit for EL games.

The way Arsenal are playing lately I'm not sure United necessarily need a full strength side, and if I were Jose I'd jettison the league now already.

I'm not sure about Jones but Smalling has seemed a little soft now and then, Jones probably isn't soft enough, if he were he'd stop tearing his own ligaments going into sliding challenges like he does :funny: Agreed about Swansea, it would've been the perfect time to give some players a breather, and I'm sure the youngsters would've been keen to show their mettle. Bailly has been an absolute machine this season, if I could I'd put him in a bubble until EL games. If he's playing we're so much more resilient at the back, him and Pogba are the two I'd protect most going into this final stretch, and probably Herrera too.

19. B [insert witty comment]

Yes, it's a well known fact that money brings unrivaled happiness & joy in all aspects of your life & you cannot possibly be stressed, grieving, depressed, worried, afraid or all of the above if you are earning a good wage.. :whatever:

Stan Collymore had a decent article regarding his struggles with mental health I read in The Daily Mirror today regarding mental health & the difference now & 20 years ago. Basically was saying when he sought help or expressed he was suffering from mental issues, the general reply to him was wise up & wind his neck in, how can anyone on £xyz amount of money be depressed. Compared to now when you've other sporting figures talking about their struggles with mental issues such as Rio Ferdinand, Freddie Flintoff etc. It just shows out out of date, out of touch & insensitive the Daily Mail is if they did bring up his wage at all in any of their articles regarding his struggles.

Here's Stan Collymore's article if anyone's interested: I felt isolated when I spoke about my mental health issues but Aaron Lennon will get the care and support he needs

20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, that's one of the ones I was referring to, although it was a long time ago. The Daily Mail have put out about a million terrible headlines since then!

21. BlackFox Monster Hunter

22. B [insert witty comment]

How in the **** is that not a foul on Pogba?

He doesn't touch the ball & steps across him completely blocking his run.

I'm starting to get upset with this referee already after 15 mins, we've had 2 clear fouls not given & we don't even get a flicker or reaction from referee.

23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Massive game this for Utd.

24. the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

The bloody mop is a liability a yellow already get him off the damn pitch

25. BlackFox Monster Hunter

Wasting chance after chance again. Playing well, especially Pogba pulling strings but Lingard and Mkytaryian should be scoring those, poor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.