The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane has to leave the PL. He's done everything except win the league. PSG or Juventus or Madrid. Gotta head to one of those.

Sanchez would improve our options dramatically. At the same time I'm worried about how it seems like we keep buying emergency bandaids for squad issues that have short lifespans.

Players like Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, and someone like Sanchez (if he comes) are very short term solutions and they're not looking like working out. Even if the fee for him is low the kind of wages Sanchez would be on would create an issue I don't think a 29 year old is worth.

Shame as Mkhitaryan was the player of the year in Germany 2/3 years ago? He's solid. Just not what United expects.

He's now Spurs leading goal-scorer in the PL. And he's 2 away from 100 PL goals.

He's now Spurs leading goal-scorer in the PL. And he's 2 away from 100 PL goals.

So if he moves to Juve, Real, Barca or Bayern he will piss that away and he wont become a PL legend

Toon 1-1 at home to Swansea. Not a great result, especially with other teams winning down there.

I saw you got a draw, the need for a real goal scorer is so evident but I've not seen any links to one. I didn't realize that there's only 6 points between 10th place and 19th.

Spurs put 4 past Everton but Chelsea only draw with Leicester at home despite having a man advantage for the last half hour or so.

I saw you got a draw, the need for a real goal scorer is so evident but I've not seen any links to one. I didn't realize that there's only 6 points between 10th place and 19th.
So far I believe we've just got Kenedy on loan. Really need someone who can bang in the goals. This scoreline at home definitely shows that.

It's still crazy at the bottom!

Spurs put 4 past Everton but Chelsea only draw with Leicester at home despite having a man advantage for the last half hour or so.

Everton look really poor, the new striker they have bought had a couple of good moments but not only did they offer little in attack, they weren't even defensively solid, which is the elast you expect from an Allardyce team.

So far I believe we've just got Kenedy on loan. Really need someone who can bang in the goals. This scoreline at home definitely shows that.

It's still crazy at the bottom!

Is that the Brazilian lad from Chelsea? I'm surprised Benitez hasn't identified some under the radar striker from Spain or Italy to bring in.

It's hard to predict who will go down, a couple of results either way can swing the whole bottom around, I'm surprised Palace have dug themselves out.

Everton look really poor, the new striker they have bought had a couple of good moments but not only did they offer little in attack, they weren't even defensively solid, which is the least you expect from an Allardyce team.

Is that the Brazilian lad from Chelsea? I'm surprised Benitez hasn't identified some under the radar striker from Spain or Italy to bring in.

It's hard to predict who will go down, a couple of results either way can swing the whole bottom around, I'm surprised Palace have dug themselves out.
Allardyce must still be finishing up his mince pies and port from Xmas.

Yes. Hopefully he will before it's too late.

I've been to a few Palace games this season (was supposed to go today but couldn't make it) and the guys I go with were saying they'd be condemned before the Jan window and it would be too late even if they bought players then as the gap would be too big. But they've totally turned it around.

A worthy risk IMO. Bayern or Real or Barca or Juve are giants in the game.

It depends what Kane's priorities are though. Does he wanna beat Shearer in becoming the greatest English striker in PL history or did he have childhood dreams of winning Serie A or Copa Del Rey? He could easily move for money OR winning a title but I would assume for an English player that winning the PL is what you want to do first and foremost, and winning La Liga or Bundesliga doesn't really rate as highly. Champions League - sure, but Spurs are looking solid enough to keep qualifying for it for the next 4-5 years and at their best they can beat any team in the tournament. I don't think switching clubs just for winning CL is the best idea - just look at someone like Zlatan who has been in several of the biggest clubs in Europe yet he has never won Champions League, despite playing for teams like Barcelona, Inter and Juventus.

Arsenal busy doing Arsenal things, dropping a 1 goal lead and now trailing 2-1 to Bournemouth around 75 minutes played.

It depends what Kane's priorities are though. Does he wanna beat Shearer in becoming the greatest English striker in PL history or did he have childhood dreams of winning Serie A or Copa Del Rey? He could easily move for money OR winning a title but I would assume for an English player that winning the PL is what you want to do first and foremost, and winning La Liga or Bundesliga doesn't really rate as highly. Champions League - sure, but Spurs are looking solid enough to keep qualifying for it for the next 4-5 years and at their best they can beat any team in the tournament. I don't think switching clubs just for winning CL is the best idea - just look at someone like Zlatan who has been in several of the biggest clubs in Europe yet he has never won Champions League, despite playing for teams like Barcelona, Inter and Juventus.

It’s also about what country/culture he wants to live in which is probably why we don’t see as many English players playing abroad long term as we do players from other leagues.

Liverpool leading against City 1-0 right now, they’re keeping City from playing their game quite well.

Liverpool leading against City 1-0 right now, they’re keeping City from playing their game quite well.

Guarantee, us being us though, an a City leveller will come around the 89th minute, if we don't get a second.

Probably the most satisfying game of the season seeing Liverpool dominate City like this.

Yeah I know I should hate Liverpool as a Man United fan but can anyone honestly hate this team? Great manager, great energy and entertaining football. If only we could play like this.

Congrats to the Liverpool guys here, that’s how a home team plays against City if you’re a team trying to compete for the league.

...and we concede two late goals but win still, welcome to a world of uncertainty when you support the Reds.

Liverpool giving their fans some palpitations at the end, for sure. Probably the best league game so far this season, though.

In transfer news allegedly United and City duking it out for Sanchez while Arsenal apparently want to snag Aubameyang for around £60m as the replacement.

Couple of interesting matches today.... made being ill a bit more tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"