The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ritchie puts us 3 up!!!

Sounds like loads of trouble at the West Ham game (now losing 3-0 to Burnley). Almost abandoned a few times. The fans targeting the West Ham directors. They've been asked to leave for safety reasons.

Sounds like loads of trouble at the West Ham game (now losing 3-0 to Burnley). Almost abandoned a few times. The fans targeting the West Ham directors. They've been asked to leave for safety reasons.

The club that keeps on giving. A points deduction would be amazing.

The club that keeps on giving. A points deduction would be amazing.

They’ve got to do something about the fans who do this kind of thing. The club should be able to do more to control them. They’ve had a warning now so if it gets to the level where a game could be abandoned again they’d have no excuse for not being ready and should face a points deduction.

They’ve got to do something about the fans who do this kind of thing. The club should be able to do more to control them. They’ve had a warning now so if it gets to the level where a game could be abandoned again they’d have no excuse for not being ready and should face a points deduction.
I don't disagree necessarily, but what would they do to stop so many fans who act this way?

At least it’s not a Wenger situation where he could overstay for decades! How common do you think your opinion is among Utd fans?

I'd say 40/60, the majority will always sway towards results no matter what sadly.

It needs to include modules on tantrum and strop throwery, and everyone else blamery. This course is really shaping up!

At this rate he can split the class up to cover and entire week and get paid on the daily! :D

That looked like some stuff from the bad old days, West Ham have always had an element like that unfortunately, like a lesser version of Millwall.

That is because you play to win the game Hunter. :woot:

I don't disagree necessarily, but what would they do to stop so many fans who act this way?

They could force anyone caught doing it to watch our games on loop? :oldrazz:

I'd say basically lifetime bans for anyone involved would see a decrease in the poissiblities of trouble in the ground as most wont want to be banned forever.

They could force anyone caught doing it to watch our games on loop? :oldrazz:

I'd say basically lifetime bans for anyone involved would see a decrease in the poissiblities of trouble in the ground as most wont want to be banned forever.
:funny:

Oh, I definitely agree with that. I guess what I meant was penalizing the club for not being able to control them. Like if fans are going to do this, outside of having a ton of stewards, what can you really do to stop it?

:funny:

Oh, I definitely agree with that. I guess what I meant was penalizing the club for not being able to control them. Like if fans are going to do this, outside of having a ton of stewards, what can you really do to stop it?

Well clubs could fork out for some private security I guess and if the FA and police deem the club didn't do enough to protect agaisnt trouble then they gte docked points.

Not at any cost IMO, and I certainly don't watch football just for the result. :yay:
More then fair. :yay:

I feel like growing up being a fan of a big European football club instills a different mentality then growing up a US sport fan. Just win baby is totally a thing over here. :hehe:

More then fair. :yay:

I feel like growing up being a fan of a big European football club instills a different mentality then growing up a US sport fan. Just win baby is totally a thing over here. :hehe:

Yeah I could see that, as not to knock US sports but watching the NBA or NFL I don't really see that there are more exciting ways to play for one team over another, it all looks very similar and with the NFL it's all about tactics and bursts of athelticism for each team.

Yeah I could see that, as not to knock US sports but watching the NBA or NFL I don't really see that there are more exciting ways to play for one team over another, it all looks very similar and with the NFL it's all about tactics and bursts of athelticism for each team.
Oh there is definitely different styles. Watching a basketball team like the Warriors or Rockets is a very different experience from most teams. Same with more high flying NFL offenses. But that is definitely not something you just pick up.

And yeah, I think the structure of our leagues and playoffs instill a victory at all cost mentality. It is why we preach the, "defense wins championships" ideas. Emphasizing grit and determinations over skill and entertainment a lot of the time. We seem to love when the ugly team wins.

Spurs 2-1 up away at Bournemouth (having been 1 down at halftime.

Finishes 4-1, Spurs up to 3rd.

He's done... there's no way they can have him on screen after that.

The thing that got me about the video was the guy wasn't even being abusive or aggressive, he was just being a bit of a moron, and he was sitting next to a kid, it wasn't a situation where Carragher was fearing for his safety or being abused, he's got no excuse, he acted like gutter trash. It's a shame as he's Sky's best pundit and I thought he was better than that.

Yep. It was annoying. But Carragher is the one who took it from an annoying experience to something way more.

Wouldn't have seen that coming. What a strange development.

This is the first time they've invaded the pitch. But the fans have been fighting each other in the stands on and off for the last two seasons.

They'll probably get a fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"