The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. Messi scored already.

2-0 wow. Dembele.

That looked like it should’ve been a Chelsea penalty.

Edit: Actually second viewing makes it look a little soft.

HaHaHaHa #bestleague

I hope the big Hazard stay away from Real Madrid...

Giroud? OMG. Sometimes scores 1-2 big goals but he is still forever a nimand.

Fabregas? He is still Barca player.

Last edited:
I switched the Barca/Chelsea game off after Dembele scored, for once I'm actually looking forward to an International break, I'm worn down on football right now.

That's his 'poor me', the world is against me, attitude, as if the world owes him a favour. Have an attitude like that, and see how life treats you.

This says it all...

From BBC website....

Mourinho said: "I sat in this chair twice in the Champions League after knocking out Manchester United [in the last 16] at home, at Old Trafford. In this chair with Porto [in 2004] and Real Madrid [in 2013], they are out both times. It is not something new for the club."

Yep, he's a narcissist, everything is about him and I cannot understand fans that are willing to accept his methods on the off chance he might grind us to a PL title. If I was offered a choice right now of no PL title for 5 years but Mourinho out and a progressive, attack based manager in, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Some fans are so scared that 5 years without a title will become 10 and then we'll be in Liverpool and Arsenal territory, but that fear is not worth sacrificing the clubs traditions and identity IMO, some keep saying he hasn't finished building his team yet, well personally I'd switch the electricity off before Dr. Frankenstein gets to pull the lever.

I love to see United in crisis, but it's been like what 4 or 5 games for him? He deserves a lot more time.

We aren't in crisis, we are utterly awful to watch and we wont win a PL or CL under Mourinho, but a crisis is Arsenal, for all the pretty football Spurs and Liverpool play both are still behind us and both Poch and Klopp weere exposed in the last week, their flaws are unlikely to see them trouble Pep and City anytime soon either, and don't get me wrong I'd give Poch a 5 year contract at United tomorrow, but I'd expect him to need time as he's not the finished article as a manager yet.

HaHaHaHa #bestleague

I hope the big Hazard stay away from Real Madrid...

Giroud? OMG. Sometimes scores 1-2 big goals but he is still forever a nimand.

Fabregas? He is still Barca player.

Aren't you a Bayern fan?

Also no one thinks the PL is the best league, just the most competetive as most seasons we don't have the runaway leader every year that the Bundesliga and Serie A have.

It’s over.
Full-time: Barcelona 3-0 Chelsea (4-1 agg)

...and Messi hit a hundred

Last edited:
It’s over.
Full-time: Barcelona 3-0 Chelsea (4-1 agg)

...and Messi hit a hundred

Keeps taking small steps towards sealing a higher place on the all time list.

Aren't you a Bayern fan?

Also no one thinks the PL is the best league, just the most competetive as most seasons we don't have the runaway leader every year that the Bundesliga and Serie A have.

I would say entertainment value is where the PL really wins out.

I see I've missed some of the huffing, puffing & rants about United's result/performance so I'll throw mine in as a cherry on top.

We deserved every single bit of that defeat & deserved to go out. Mourinho deserves the plaudits when he gets it right tactically & if we are honest, he gets it right the majority of the time, but he also deserves the criticism when he gets it wrong & he can't absolve himself from responsibility from the defeat. What's even more baffling is usually Mourinho is quick & swift to make changes when it's clear something isn't working, it was painfully obvious from the 1st 45 mins that we were moving the ball ridiculously slowly & there was no chemistry or fluidity in Sanchez, Lingard & Rashford's play.. or Fellaini or Matic either for that matter. Yet it took for us to go 1-0 down & near 80 minutes before he actually tried to correct the glaring problem. I thought the game was crying out for a playmaker like Mata as we had nobody that was dictating our play which is why it was so slow & wasteful.

The players needs to shoulder their fair share of the blame as well, played like 11 individuals & not as team. I was thinking about this during the game, I don't even know how we were set up to play that's how poor the team played.

A lot of people were making a big deal about Fellaini starting, I wasn't that annoyed by that. Pogba was obviously injured for Liverpool & when he did eventually come on he didn't look 100% at all so having Fellaini start didn't actually annoy me that much.. even moreso in hindsight.

Sanchez though shouldn't have started or if he did start he should have been taken off, he hasn't been playing well & yet we are accommodating him in the side by moving others around & we've actually killed the form of the likes of Rashford, Lingard & Martial because of it. What's crazy to me is if Lukaku played as poorly as Sanchez has recently giving the ball away so often with misplaced passes, failed dribbles & poor touches, he would be getting crucified for it.

Speaking of Lukaku, he is the only one who could have left that pitch with some dignity (maybe Bailly & Rashford as well who at least worked hard), was completely starved of service all night, as he has been for quite a lot of games that people like to overlook, & he was the only one who showed some fight & spirit to make something happen with the scraps he was being offered. Also, unless I missed others, he was the only 1 player who had the stones to face the media after the result & performance.

Overall it was fully deserved we went out, can't put in a poor performance like that in the CL & expect to go very far.

That’s a Mourinho hallmark going forward IMO - there is no setup or “plan”, he relies on raw talent to make something happen up front. It’s no coincidence his best “attacking” team contained Ronaldo at his prime along with other gifted forwards.

AC Milan pulled a goal back at Arsenal. Not going to be too comfortable if Arsenal don’t score.

Arsenal now 2-1 up and 4-1 up on aggregate. Job done!

Barcelona v Roma
Sevilla v Bayern
Juventus v Real Madrid
Liverpool v Manchester City

The quarter final fixtures for the CL.

Barcelona v Roma
Sevilla v Bayern
Juventus v Real Madrid
Liverpool v Manchester City

The quarter final fixtures for the CL.

Well at least one of the buggers is going out :woot:

I had to turn off the coverage of the draw due to sheer anger, I ave no doubt city is an amazing team, but the fact the entire media is on peps dick so much

Did you guys know that this city team is the greatest in premier league history and no manager has ever come close to the knowledge and skills of pep

It’s a bloody laughable. Seriously they consider this team better than the 99 or he invincibles or hell even the Chelsea side who dominated.

And as for greatest manager I choked when some caller came out with that.

City plays now the way United used to once upon a time, and then the same plaudits were given to them. Whatever your opinion f him or the team, Pep has City playing the best football in the league and he’s being given the corresponding credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"