The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ban their fans though

Dk5GLmRXgAADAq9.jpg:large

Lucas Torreira out again.

How Ross Barkley starts for Chelsea over Kovacic is a true mystery.

Also not sure about the Guendouzi kid.

I think a bunch of Arsenal fans have written off the first 2 games and are starting from ground zero with matchday 3.

2-0 now for Chelsea

Arsenal make it 2-2, should be a good 2nd half.

Chelsea end up taking it 3-2 at the end. Really improved performance from Arsenal over 90 minutes though. I know I knocked him earlier but Guendouzi ended up playing a really solid game, not just for a 19 year old. Arsenal will definitely be more competitive this season under Emery.

Yep, Alonso with the winner. Chelsea win for 6 points after 2 games (and Arsenal zero), but a promising fightback from the Gunners.

Tight game, but deserved win, imo.
Shambolic defending from both sides throughout the game. Chelsea slightly better in the second half, where I don't think Arsenal ever really threatened that much.

Disappointed we threw away a 2-0 lead, but happy to get the win.

Really good boost of confidence for Chelsea in all honesty - they've still got a solid squad and today they played some really attractive football. When all the WC stars are back in and Sarri can use his first choice lineup they'll probably be quite a force - probably going to be rivaling City and Liverpool in terms of watchability.

What are Chelsea’s early fixtures like? If they start well it could be interesting seeing how Sarto finishes the season with them.

Entertaining game between Chelsea and Arsenal, the way Chelsea played in the first 25 minutes and the way Arsenal defended I thought there was going to be a rout, but then the cracks in Chelsea's defense appeared in the channels between the fullbacks and the CB's, which Arsneal should have scored from twice before they finally did register, and then did it again before half time.

In the second half both teams tightened up with Arsenal going very deep while Chelsea continued to apply good attacking pressure that finally got them the deserved 3 points. I think once Hazard is back starting and Kovacic becomes the 3rd man with the impressive Jorginho and Kante in that midfield, Sarri will really get this team motoring.

Arsenal still look very much a work in progress, their forwards are intermittently good but often lazy, while their defense remains problematic. The biggest positve for them so far is the young CM Guendouzi and the potential of his midfield partnership with Torreira.

Yeah - there do seem to be a couple of technical directors capable of hitting that sweet spot where they get in players that are sufficient to compete immediately, but who also have an ability to grow into potential world beaters if given time. Is Monchi one of the potential candidates being discussed for the United position?

I can't agree more with the bolded - it's a move we desperately need to make and I hope whichever candidate is chosen is a good long term choice. It would be senseless for the choice to be rushed only to end up being the DoF version of Moyes/LvG. The caliber of person being discussed makes it seem unlikely, fortunately.
Yeah, Monchi's name is one that is being floated, I know he just took over the position at Roma but it's not like with players, if he wants the job and United feel he is the right man for it, I am sure we'd pay Roma the contract clause to get him.

Agreed, I think it's a story that United have put out there quickly due to the dreadful transfer window we had, but I expect the process of actually appointing the DOF at the club to take quite a while, I don't think the choice will be made until the new year.

Entertaining game between Chelsea and Arsenal, the way Chelsea played in the first 25 minutes and the way Arsenal defended I thought there was going to be a rout, but then the cracks in Chelsea's defense appeared in the channels between the fullbacks and the CB's, which Arsneal should have scored from twice before they finally did register, and then did it again before half time.

In the second half both teams tightened up with Arsenal going very deep while Chelsea continued to apply good attacking pressure that finally got them the deserved 3 points. I think once Hazard is back starting and Kovacic becomes the 3rd man with the impressive Jorginho and Kante in that midfield, Sarri will really get this team motoring.

Arsenal still look very much a work in progress, their forwards are intermittently good but often lazy, while their defense remains problematic. The biggest positve for them so far is the young CM Guendouzi and the potential of his midfield partnership with Torreira.
Yeah, a new central midfield partnership is a big deal and it might pay dividends in the future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45236885
Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City 'cannot buy class'

The irony lol.
Let's be fair. United made their money from football. United has built themselves on the back of that. No rich owners came and pumped money into the club. If anything, United had money taken out by their owners. United, like Madrid and Barca, are rich based on their football success. Same to a slightly lesser extent for clubs like Juve, Bayern, Arsenal and Liverpool. That is not City or PSG.

Today will be an interesting comparison between the Manchester side, I expect City will make light work of Huddersfield but United will grind to a draw away at Brighton.

Wins from both i think. City will punt in a handful, but we'll just do 2/3

Burnley v Watford - Draw

Man City v Huddersfield Home - Win

Brighton HA v Man Utd - Draw

Took far longer than i thought.... 1-0 city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"