The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how deals can be arranged and completed 'outside' of the transfer window, which officially opens on 1st July. I understand if end of contract deals are sorted and 'rubber stamped' as such, but deals where transfer fees are involved, I thought could be 'dealt with' (i.e. completed and player moves from club X to club Y before July 1st at the earliest).

It feels like getting your deals done early comes with all the benefits because even though you might end up spending a bit more than if you negotiate the price down a bit, the added time the player gets in the new club is really valuable. Hazard getting wrapped early and I would say the chances of him performing well at Real next season is really high, whereas a deadline day signing of the same stature would be thrown in the deep end and face bigger problems.

I doubt it makes much difference to be honest, as long as they play their full preseason that’s more than enough time to settle in and get to know the squad.

Half the players are currently sipping cocktails on yachts right now and Hazard will probably go straight back to holidays/marketing stuff and have little to do with Madrid until preseason starts.

I don't get how deals can be arranged and completed 'outside' of the transfer window, which officially opens on 1st July. I understand if end of contract deals are sorted and 'rubber stamped' as such, but deals where transfer fees are involved, I thought could be 'dealt with' (i.e. completed and player moves from club X to club Y before July 1st at the earliest).

Yeah this is another good point, and a reason why deals are dragging now - because officially things will only kick off in a fortnight.

Problem is most of the top managers linked with the team (ie Simeone and Pochettino) want nothing to do with AFA and their politics.The ideal choice would be to get a local coach like River Plate's Marcelo Gallardo but he already has it good at River right now (their most successful manager of all time) and probably probably most likely want to test Europe before even thinking about coaching the NT.
Makes sense. Those guys will probably all have it much better in club football.

Peru vs Bolivia starting now then later tonight Brasil vs Venezuela .

As would I, you've made an offer & I would almost guarantee Palace would have expressed to Manchester United what they considered an acceptable offer upon it's rejection/during negotiations & for them to come in with another sub-standard offer if I were the person in charge of Palace's negotiations I'd bump the price up another £5m-£10m as a penalty for United wasting time. Palace are trying to prepare for next season as well in the market & this constant distraction won't be doing their preparations any favours either.
I wish everyone operated like you say. I love it when wishy washy practises are punished with a bloody nose and paying up last minute more than your original offer. :D:

Juventus will sign Rabiot.

Rabiot, Ramsey, Matuidi, Khedira, Can. Like a middling dead EKG line.

I wonder if someone like Tuanzebe will be given a chance next season. Honestly would rather see him get some starts than Jones/Rojo or even Smalling.

I wonder if someone like Tuanzebe will be given a chance next season. Honestly would rather see him get some starts than Jones/Rojo or even Smalling.

He should, had a positive season at Aston Villa & got a lot of good playing experience, especially near the end of the season getting to play in a high pressure environment with Villa making the playoffs.

I also personally like Fosu-Mensah, I'd like to see him get a chance, even if we get Wan-Bassaka I'd like to see him kept at the club this season as he can play RB or CB if need be. Dalot can play LB/RB or even RW it seems although I obviously don't want him playing there week in week out.

Jones, Rojo & Darmian should all be gone before the window shuts IMO regardless of whether or not we even sign anyone simply because all 3 of them aren't good enough. I think Jones has had more than enough time, Rojo's practically been a walking injury since we signed him & Darmian just isn't good enough going forward to be a fullback for us.

Seems to be chatter that United have agreed a £55m deal with Palace for Wan-Bissaka.

Price is going to raise some eyebrows but at this point I’d be fine with United breaking the world record as long as I don’t have to see Young start at RB ever again.

City and Madrid drop £50m on a player like its a tenner so no biggy, for a young, English, Prem player its pretty average. Leicester want £90m+ for Maguire, now thats steep. (Might end up paying it mind!)

Seems to be chatter that United have agreed a £55m deal with Palace for Wan-Bissaka.

Price is going to raise some eyebrows but at this point I’d be fine with United breaking the world record as long as I don’t have to see Young start at RB ever again.
Prices really are crazy nowadays. To get a load of top talent now and transform a team you need 3-400m!

City and Madrid drop £50m on a player like its a tenner so no biggy, for a young, English, Prem player its pretty average. Leicester want £90m+ for Maguire, now thats steep. (Might end up paying it mind!)

There's always a premium on English players, there always has been when transferring from one Premiership club to another.

As much as we need a CB, I do not want us to spend £90m on Harry Maguire, absolutely ludicrous figure for the type of CB he is. If the choice is £90m for Maguire or nothing, I'd honestly choose nothing. If our chief negotiator & leader of the talent evaluation brain trust Ed Woodward had any sense, he'd have laughed down the phone at Leicester if they quoted £90m for Maguire.

Argentina vs Paraguay in 30 min, so far the only changes I can see is Lautaro Martinez getting his first start up front in place of Aguero and De Paul replacing Di Maria.

Armani; Casco, Pezzella, Otamendi, Tagliafico; Pereyra, Lo Celso, Paredes, De Paul; Messi, Lautaro

D9dstWVXsAAbP3x.jpg

In the earlier game Colombia beat Qatar (1-0)

current standings

Capture.PNG

Arg were lucky enough to scrape through with a draw tonight,thanks to VAR (1-1)

Almiron has crazy pace (already with 2 assists so far in this tournament)
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Wow, he looks amazing there. Awesome pace.

There's always a premium on English players, there always has been when transferring from one Premiership club to another.

As much as we need a CB, I do not want us to spend £90m on Harry Maguire, absolutely ludicrous figure for the type of CB he is. If the choice is £90m for Maguire or nothing, I'd honestly choose nothing. If our chief negotiator & leader of the talent evaluation brain trust Ed Woodward had any sense, he'd have laughed down the phone at Leicester if they quoted £90m for Maguire.
With FFP around as well nowadays there is even less sense in massively overpaying for players who aren't top level. 50m for Maguire would be ok.

With FFP around as well nowadays there is even less sense in massively overpaying for players who aren't top level. 50m for Maguire would be ok.

The FFP in it's current iteration doesn't have a massive impact on Premiership clubs because they make so much money in TV/Prize money just from playing in the Premiership.. that's why the prices & premiums of players transferring within the league has went up so significantly these last 5 or so years. Mid to low table teams now have a bit of leverage because they're more financially secure therefore not as quick to take the 1st or 2nd offer for one of their better players.

I think just in TV money alone, newly promoted teams get around £90m & I'm sure the top 6 get in excess of £130m.

The FFP in it's current iteration doesn't have a massive impact on Premiership clubs because they make so much money in TV/Prize money just from playing in the Premiership.. that's why the prices & premiums of players transferring within the league has went up so significantly these last 5 or so years. Mid to low table teams now have a bit of leverage because they're more financially secure therefore not as quick to take the 1st or 2nd offer for one of their better players.

I think just in TV money alone, newly promoted teams get around £90m & I'm sure the top 6 get in excess of £130m.

Not just the prem. La liga new tv distribution mean the smaller teams are getting more money (way off the prem yet). They don't need to sell to stay afloat.

Think it will all end in tears though. As good players will run their contracts down. Good players are now worth £40-60m. Get that as a signing on fee rather than £100k a week.

Not just the prem. La liga new tv distribution mean the smaller teams are getting more money (way off the prem yet). They don't need to sell to stay afloat.

Think it will all end in tears though. As good players will run their contracts down. Good players are now worth £40-60m. Get that as a signing on fee rather than £100k a week.

It's quite absurd when you think of the amount of money that the top 6 clubs end up turning over, even for example with us, even with the likes of Sanchez stealing a wage, we should still comfortably be in the green at least last season based on all the prize/TV money from various competitions + all the commercial sponsorship, merchandise, gate etc the club rakes in.

The transfer fees & wages will only continue to go up because at the minute I think most of those clubs are actually making significantly more money than they are spending.. other than Spurs who have a £1b stadium to pay for.. :D

It's quite absurd when you think of the amount of money that the top 6 clubs end up turning over, even for example with us, even with the likes of Sanchez stealing a wage, we should still comfortably be in the green at least last season based on all the prize/TV money from various competitions + all the commercial sponsorship, merchandise, gate etc the club rakes in.

The transfer fees & wages will only continue to go up because at the minute I think most of those clubs are actually making significantly more money than they are spending.. other than Spurs who have a £1b stadium to pay for.. :D

Yet transfer spending by the prem has gone down from 2 years ago. Last jan was a third of what was spent the previous jan.

England 3 up against Cameroon in the Women’s World Cup last 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"