The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maguire is an upgrade, but paying that much for him... God Woodward sucks at his job. We are talking about a B talent, for A money.

There is a smack of desperation about this transfer, Maguire aint bad sure and is an upgrade on anything we have but yeah the price is huge for what he is. Its defo a transfer I would be mixed on, I can see the good and bad in it, this is the situation though that we have been led to by Woodward and this inept board at trying to keep up with the top tier teams now, they are out of their depth and its showing more and more.

If we get Maguire for the rumored price I think just like with AWB we paid maybe double what the players are really worth but in the market right now you either have to be super good with scouting OR you have to pay up.

NEWS: Italy. 15.07.2019
In the big action, prepared by the Italian police for almost a year, this morning, the police raided various places connected with Juventus ultras. In one of the magazines, next to the knives, machete, assault rifles, the police also found - a rocket from Qatar !!!
66704852_1277831492397574_342167855355133952_n.jpg
These guys are even more dangerous than I thought. They have to get rid of this group somehow.

If we get Maguire for the rumored price I think just like with AWB we paid maybe double what the players are really worth but in the market right now you either have to be super good with scouting OR you have to pay up.

Yeah getting to these players early before they have a break out season is crucial it seems, otherwise your paying £50m+ as a base value. I mean nobody had heard of AWB this time last season and now we are pinning are hopes on him, he could have a stinker next season and are back to Ashley Young for the season, lol, doesnt bare thinking about.

Maguire is at least a bit more established but again the thick end of £100m is way too much for a half decent center back, there's better out there for probably less as well.

@Iceman

Steve Bruce named Newcastle head coach on three-year deal

You'll be listening to this on loop for the next few days at least :grin:

Sorry :(

No news on the takeover. That kind of thing seems to take an eternity to resolve. While we’re super efficient at getting in a dross boss to replace Benitez.

Everything about this upcoming season is looking like a relegation setup, and I kind of hope we do go down. Yeah, I’ll start the Hello Darkness loop right now. :D::csad:

Reactions: B
Yeah getting to these players early before they have a break out season is crucial it seems, otherwise your paying £50m+ as a base value. I mean nobody had heard of AWB this time last season and now we are pinning are hopes on him, he could have a stinker next season and are back to Ashley Young for the season, lol, doesnt bare thinking about.

Maguire is at least a bit more established but again the thick end of £100m is way too much for a half decent center back, there's better out there for probably less as well.
The price inflation doesn’t even make sense any more. Maguire is going for as much as Ronaldo when he left Utd.

Looks like the bookie agree. Newcastle are now 5-2 to go down this season.

That Huddersfield kit has got to be one of Paddypower's infamous wind ups.. it just has to be.

I thought we had it bad with the horrific Chevrolet logo but if that's for real, that is quite possibly the worst kit I've ever seen.. and there have been some bad ones.

Look like a hen party on a weekender in Blackpool. Horrific.

Hen-do-party-planning.jpg
:lmao:

I honestly thought the Huddersfield players were wearing things like the above with sponsor’s names and they could be taken off. Can’t believe the actual kit is going to look like that!

That Huddersfield kit has got to be one of Paddypower's infamous wind ups.. it just has to be.

I thought we had it bad with the horrific Chevrolet logo but if that's for real, that is quite possibly the worst kit I've ever seen.. and there have been some bad ones.
Oh maybe. They’ve got an advert with Ryan Giggs’ brother right now joking about loyalty and other stuff relevant to Ryan.

Apparently so as there are PL rules about sponsor sizes and placements on kits so this is just to get some attention in a "pre-season kit". Beats pretending to paint polar bears I guess.

Apparently so as there are PL rules about sponsor sizes and placements on kits so this is just to get some attention in a "pre-season kit". Beats pretending to paint polar bears I guess.
Huddersfield aren't in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"