The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is going to make them not winning the title all the worse. :atp:

Good signing. Every big transfer can kick off a slew of secondary activity from the funds raised.

….and even if we don't win it, winning it on FIFA will more than compensate (again) :woot:

Uli Hoeness with the fatality on Ozil. :eek:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/germany/...ing-to-germany-for-years-bayern-chief-hoeness

"I'm glad this nightmare is over," Hoeness told reporters at the Munich airport. "He's been playing crap for years.

"The last tackle he won was before the 2014 World Cup. And now he is hiding himself and his poor performances behind this photo.

"His 35 million [social media] followers, that of course do not actually exist in the real world, ensure that Ozil has played exceptionally when he successfully finds his man with a square ball."

[YT]S6ds0rLzk9Q[/YT]

Should be an interesting watch, Amazon do a similar thing with NFL teams that gives you are real in depth look into what goes on behind the scenes at their franchise/club.

Reading up, there does seem to a lot of racism in Germany. But how that effects Ozil deciding now to leave the NT feels iffy. Especially as he seems to ignore all responsibility he has for taking that photo.

Reading up, there does seem to a lot of racism in Germany. But how that effects Ozil deciding now to leave the NT feels iffy. Especially as he seems to ignore all responsibility he has for taking that photo.

He has handled the whole situation so badly, whatever the truth.

Piece on how Leroy Sane sees next season going....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44933222

Ah interesting, so he rates Chelsea’s chances of being City’s main challengers due to the arrival if Sarri. I think it might be too early to expect him to mount a title challenge in his first season while he starts the rebuilding job, but I do expect Chelsea to be up there when Sarri has had time to sort things out. Wonder what Sane thinks of the threat of Liverpool this season.

Man United finishing second was one of last season's greater mysteries.....The title was over by January but still....Maybe order will be restored this season.

You had a great start.

But after the first loss Mourinho turned into a bit of a coward and refused to play football.

Ah interesting, so he rates Chelsea’s chances of being City’s main challengers due to the arrival if Sarri. I think it might be too early to expect him to mount a title challenge in his first season while he starts the rebuilding job, but I do expect Chelsea to be up there when Sarri has had time to sort things out. Wonder what Sane thinks of the threat of Liverpool this season.

The noise coming out of City is saying Chelsea because they'd rather not look at Liverpool as it genuinely looks like we may threaten and they'd rather not admit that so say Chelsea, that way when Chelsea do take time to settle, it makes City look that more impressive. That's not as just as a Liverpool fan, that's me taking my rosy glows off for a moment and saying LFC look strong, whatever club you follow.

From the BBC...

Liverpool's 25-year-old German goalkeeper Loris Karius is thinking about leaving Anfield as he is disappointed by manager Jurgen Klopp bringing in Brazil international Alisson, 25, as the club's new number one.

He'd have to expect it surely ? He can't be thinking his position in the side is safe, take the concussion discussion out of it for a moment and say 'okay' over the ECL final, pre-season he's made 3 mistakes that have cost goals, the one I saw in person in the Tranmere match was something a non-league GK would be ashamed of. Basically, his confidence is utterly shattered.

Yeah it's all good I saw them all on my phone, I can still post on here on my phone but it's a bastard for auto corrects & miss spells.

Aquaman looks sweet doesn't it, not sure what to think about Shazam though, Levi reminds me a bit of Vinny Jones's Juggernaut particularly the bit where he changes from Billy to Shazam. :D
Ah right, well at least you still have access! :D

Yeah, Aquaman looks great, really looking forward to tha, and I agree on Shazam, I think it nailed what it's aiming for, it's just not really my kind of thing.

Willian vs Martial

Both have comparable about of minutes & Willian's productivity is better in some cases significantly across the board, everything other than goals scored.
Willian had a decent amount more playing time when you look at the minutes and you have to take into account how we play, we are the most risk averse side in the top 6, so take-ons and key passes will be less due to the fact we constantly shuttle the ball back into midfiled and recycle it, that's the tactics not the players. The main point still stands, Willian is not worth anywhere near the money Chelsea want, he's too old and he's nowhere near a big enough upgrade, we have to think beyond Mourinho as he wont be here much longer, just look at the man on tour, the fuse is lit, just a matter of time before he explodes, we don't want to be saddled with a 30 year old who we have paid stupid money for and are paying stupid wages who we can't get rid of and the next manager is lumbered with him.

22 is still reasonably young, not all players are excessively early bloomers & Salah certainly wasn't. Don't forget as well with Salah & De Bruyne, they were both young & competing with Lampard, Mata, Willian, Oscar & Schurrle for minutes as well as a few others I'm sure. So unless you really hit the ground running & do something amazing with the minutes you are given, breaking through was never going to be easy & loaning them out was probably the best course of action if they aren't getting the minutes.

Hazard, Schurrle & Oscar were all 20-23 at the time as well, they were all of the same age & the reality was at the time they were obviously ahead of them even though both have surpassed at least Schurrle & Oscar now.
I disagree, Shurrle and Oscar were always fairly average players, Mourinho selected them because they graft and were dog soldier types that just bowed down to his mentality and tactical discipline, De Bruyne and Salah are players that need freedom and an arm around the shoulder which he doesn't do, he wants robots, and that is why he got nothing out of them and cost Chelsea two massive talents who have shone both in Germany and Italy respectively, and now in the PL because proper man managers took them on and used them properly, it's the same thing that is going to happen with Martial and if we aren't careful Pogba as well.

But after the first loss Mourinho turned into a bit of a coward and refused to play football.
You know the last 5 seasons have been such utter garbage that I've lost track, but wasn't it last season where we started well and then went to Anfield and just played for a draw? As that to me zapped the players of their confidence, but I can't remember if that was last season or the one before as both stunk the same.

You know the last 5 seasons have been such utter garbage that I've lost track, but wasn't it last season where we started well and then went to Anfield and just played for a draw? As that to me zapped the players of their confidence, but I can't remember if that was last season or the one before as both stunk the same.

I think it was last season because it was when Lukaku arrived and we got spanked by City?

But you're right - Mourinho's two seasons do blur together because we played the same utilitarian football no matter the players at our disposal.

Barca’s bid for Willian seems low after how much everyone else has gone for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"