The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have taken a point before the match but these sorts of games form is usually irrelevant, I've lost count of the number of times Liverpool hosted or came to us in bad form & ended up rolling over us.

It does however feel like a defeat because of how late we conceded & I felt at least in the first half we were comfortably the better team & I honestly felt like if either team was going to score, it would be us.

We rightfully got the lead, I didn't think the Lindelof tackle on Origi was even remotely a foul & I thought VAR rightfully let the goal stand & I honestly think if anyone is putting on an objective hat to look at it should agree. The contact Lindelof makes with Origi is so minimal it's literally brushing like contact, but the reason Origi made a meal of it & went down in a heap was because he took a bad touch of which McTominay was going to beat him to, he felt pressure & threw himself on the ground to try to buy a free-kick.

The Mane equaliser that was ruled out, there can be no objections, the ball struck his hand/arm & it directly helped him bring the ball down before slotting it past De Gea.

Second half, Liverpool had a lot of possession but didn't really do much with it, Carragher & Neville noted during the commentary how dire & dire their crossing was from nothing areas... however a defensive lapse from a couple of players allowed what seemed like another poor cross to somehow find it's way to Lallana for an easy tap in.

Overall, content with the point although it felt like a defeat.

Utd could easily have won that. Good result ahead of the match, but 2 points dropped during it.

Sheffield Utd are 1 up against Arsenal. They’ve looked half decent the times I’ve seen them so far this season.

10 mins left. Arsenal have seemed lethargic lately. I fancy Sheff Utd to stay up.

Heard Pepe missed an open goal in first half, some fans already making comparisons to Gervinho. I don't know, adjusting to a new league might take some time, maybe the "Pepinho" comments are a bit too soon? :p

I honestly feel like Arsenal will join Man United and Spurs in the "missing out on CL"-club this season though. All 3 have different but serious issues, in our case we have a manager who isn't really a manager and we only seem to be able to scrap a draw against top teams but not beat anyone else, Spurs don't seem to be able to beat anyone and Arsenal's away form is shambolic. Meanwhile Chelsea and Leicester are looking really solid and we have a season where the smaller teams have done a good job of taking advantage of the big teams showing weaknesses.

Heard Pepe missed an open goal in first half, some fans already making comparisons to Gervinho. I don't know, adjusting to a new league might take some time, maybe the "Pepinho" comments are a bit too soon? :p

I honestly feel like Arsenal will join Man United and Spurs in the "missing out on CL"-club this season though. All 3 have different but serious issues, in our case we have a manager who isn't really a manager and we only seem to be able to scrap a draw against top teams but not beat anyone else, Spurs don't seem to be able to beat anyone and Arsenal's away form is shambolic. Meanwhile Chelsea and Leicester are looking really solid and we have a season where the smaller teams have done a good job of taking advantage of the big teams showing weaknesses.
Leicester are looking a lot better than many of the traditional big teams so far. And maybe the "Lampard Effect" is beginning to take hold at Chelsea. I can see him hanging around there for a while.

He strikes me as one of the clubs former players that would make a good coach given the sort of intangibles he displayed as a player.
Yeah, I think he can do a job.

He strikes me as one of the clubs former players that would make a good coach given the sort of intangibles he displayed as a player.
No thanks to the homophobe.

Spurs really need a result tonight.

Kane puts them 1 up.

Son makes it 2. Opposition not great but they will really benefit from a game like this right now.

Decent point against Liverpool, shame we made the mistake to give the goal away but part of it was down to Ole retreating way too much in the second half, we don't have the mentality or nerve to invite so much pressure on.

The 3-5-2 is being classed as negative by some United fans and I don't get it, formations are negative/positive depending on how they are executed, in the first half I thought Rashford, James and Pereira played pretty well when we were going front foot, the goal was excellent, the formation only became defensive due to Ole pulling the team back with 25 minutes to go, I'd like to see us use it for a few games and see if we can get it going as the 4-2-3-1 isn't working period.

The main thing for me is to see how we do against Belgrade and Norwich, as these big games suit us as teams attack and we can use the counter, it's when we play teams that dig in that we really struggle, so ironically I'd say Norwich is the bigger test in regards to the biggest issues with this team.

One thing was evident yet again though, our crappy transfer window, we desperately needed fresh legs given all of the running the 2 CM's and 3 forwards had done, but we had nobody to bring on because the squad is paper thin, obviously Martial only had 10 minutes in his legs and Garner was considered too inexperienced for such a game.

Last thing, I am getting sick of this agenda against Daniel James, the kid got absolutely taken out twice on Sunday and the ref did nothing, and you have Carragher on commentary trying to frame it like he's acting which is horseshirt, when guys almost twice your size deliberately smash into you at speed when you are also running at speed it's going to hurt, forking moron, It wasn't helped of course by Giggs stupid comments in the international break, but this agenda has been going on since the Wolves game and needs to stop.

I also agree that the Liverpool game honestly wasn't that important in the bigger picture and it's more about how we play this weekend against Norwich. Any team can get a draw against the big boys by going on the counter with technically 5 at the back (yeah yeah i know, wingbacks and all that) but next game is one of those that should be 3 points and if it's not, that's a big worry.

Ajax go in front against Chelsea.

Ruled out for VAR in the end. 0-0 at half time.

Chelsea get a late winner through Batshuayi. Finishes 1-0.

Liverpool are also 1-0 up at Genk through the Ox. Very happy for him.

Liverpool condemn 'offensive' Divock Origi banner displayed against Genk in Champions League

I've not seen it, but from what I've read it was Origi's head photoshopped on top of a 'well equipped' gentleman naked.

I get that it was offensive & inappropriate to bring such an obscene banner to the ground, why can't we just leave it at that? Instead of this shirte that the pathetic media drum up about it being racist trying to paint the Liverpool fans in an extra negative light.. the club only made things worse by forking mentioning anything to do with race in their statement condemning the banner.

Finishes 4-1 to Liverpool with 2 for Ox, 1 for Mane and 1 for Salah.

Goal scored on penalty and outplayed by a dodgy european team in second half? Sounds like a typical MU win!

The more & more I see, the further & further convinced I am Ole is completely out of his depth with the task at hand which is something I think most of us knew or recognised when he was officially given the job full-time.

I don't think even Ole know's what he wants our bread & butter to be because the way we play from game to game differs so drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"