The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-0!!! Utd really attacking well today. Martial scores it. Best I’ve seen offensively from Utd in a good while. It’s a deserved lead too, they’ve had plenty of other chances too, although City also look dangerous going forward.

City are not the same without Kompany are they. Still great going forward but all over the shop at the back, teams know they can at least get something from them by attacking on the counter these days.

City had a penalty shout just before half time but not given.

Fred got struck in the back of the head by some object while taking a corner.

City finally get 1 back with 5 mins of normal time to go.

fork off City. :cool:

Rashford could of had a hat trick in like 5 mins.

Finishes 2-1, great result for Utd away and City have probably given up on the title at this stage.

So let me understand this correctly...

In a single Manchester derby victory United have simultaneously ensured Solskjaer keeps his job until after Pochettino has found a new club as well as effectively guaranteed Liverpool the title...?

:D: Sad but true.

So let me understand this correctly...

In a single Manchester derby victory United have simultaneously ensured Solskjaer keeps his job until after Pochettino has found a new club as well as effectively guaranteed Liverpool the title...?
We only win when it means we really lose.

It's great to see back-to-back wins against Spurs and Liverpool and Ole does deserve credit for his statistics against the top teams - and he even puts some of the more experienced managers of the other top teams to shame with his statistics. Still, the big games only boil down to about 1/4th of the season and our problem really is the other games, breaking down teams that should be 3 points.

While I think Poch is still the better choice long term, I still feel like if only we could raise our game against the middle and lower teams of the table, things aren't THAT bad. Like yeah it's not as amazing as it can be but we're somehow 5th and we could use strengthening in every part of the team. Like if we did have Pogba healthy and playing all season so far, surely we could have had another 5-6 points and been close to 4th? I mean we don't really have a midfield. I'd be very curious to see us ship Pogba out and see who Ole would replace them with because I do think the signings since he came in have been good. But like we have talked about before, these 2 wins in a row ultimately won't mean much if we don't win our next games in the league against Everton, Watford and Newcastle.

If we are going the route of a new manager in the summer though (which I still think we might and Poch is probably #1) I think it's fine giving Ole until then no matter how things go. Post SAF he's probably the only manager who will leave the team in a better place than where it was when he took over in terms of signings, giving youth players a chance to grow and selling crap. I don't think the whole "we gotta pounce on Poch" is AS big of a deal as people make it out to be because by all signs and sources, Poch seems to have some clause from Spurs that says he'll stop getting millions IF he takes over a club before the season ends. I don't think Poch has any reason to want to jump into something right now so even if we are in for him I think it's something we could work out during the spring and have him join in the summer.

It's great to see back-to-back wins against Spurs and Liverpool and Ole does deserve credit for his statistics against the top teams - and he even puts some of the more experienced managers of the other top teams to shame with his statistics. Still, the big games only boil down to about 1/4th of the season and our problem really is the other games, breaking down teams that should be 3 points.

While I think Poch is still the better choice long term, I still feel like if only we could raise our game against the middle and lower teams of the table, things aren't THAT bad. Like yeah it's not as amazing as it can be but we're somehow 5th and we could use strengthening in every part of the team. I mean we don't really have a midfield. I'd be very curious to see us ship Pogba out and see who Ole would replace them with because I do think the signings since he came in have been good. But like we have talked about before, these 2 wins in a row ultimately won't mean much if we don't win our next games in the league against Everton, Watford and Newcastle.

If we are going the route of a new manager in the summer though (which I still think we might and Poch is probably #1) I think it's fine giving Ole until then no matter how things go. Post SAF he's probably the only manager who will leave the team in a better place than where it was when he took over in terms of signings, giving youth players a chance to grow and selling crap. I don't think the whole "we gotta pounce on Poch" is AS big of a deal as people make it out to be because by all signs and sources, Poch seems to have some clause from Spurs that says he'll stop getting millions IF he takes over a club before the season ends. I don't think Poch has any reason to want to jump into something right now so even if we are in for him I think it's something we could work out during the spring and have him join in the summer.
Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't we had a decent record against the top 6 since SAF left? The issue has been dealing with teams that don't let us play. That requires a strategy, an instilled way of playing that Ole has shown he doesn't know how to do.

That opening 25-35 minutes we were fantastic. Fast, direct, clinical with our passes & we legitimately should have scored more than the 2 goals we did score. Rashford should have had a hat-trick, Lingard & Martial were both unlucky also drawing good saves from Ederson.

Second half was more of the way I expected the game to be from the start with City trying to put their foot on our neck & squeeze the life out of us.. however in saying that a lot of their play was in front of us & fairly harmless for the most part. I didn't see them scoring from a header from a set-piece & that somewhat made the last 5-10 minutes nervous but I thought we handled it comfortably.

Wan-Bissaka deserves special mention, he is a legit animal. He had one of the most in-form & best players in the Premiership currently in Raheem Sterling on complete 24 lockdown, no visitors & no early release.

United win, Chelsea lose, Messi gets a hat trick, while Ronaldo/Juve lose. Today is a good day.

That opening 25-35 minutes we were fantastic. Fast, direct, clinical with our passes & we legitimately should have scored more than the 2 goals we did score. Rashford should have had a hat-trick, Lingard & Martial were both unlucky also drawing good saves from Ederson.

Second half was more of the way I expected the game to be from the start with City trying to put their foot on our neck & squeeze the life out of us.. however in saying that a lot of their play was in front of us & fairly harmless for the most part. I didn't see them scoring from a header from a set-piece & that somewhat made the last 5-10 minutes nervous but I thought we handled it comfortably.

Wan-Bissaka deserves special mention, he is a legit animal. He had one of the most in-form & best players in the Premiership currently in Raheem Sterling on complete 24 lockdown, no visitors & no early release.
McT accepts your apology.

Fred as well is low key flying under the radar of playing well, both he & McTominay put in a solid industrial performance.

Was pretty shirtty of the City fans throwing lighters, coins & bottles at Fred. That was pretty disgusting & I read that apparently Manchester City & the Police are looking to identify someone making racial gestures towards Fred.

Fred as well is low key flying under the radar of playing well, both he & McTominay put in a solid industrial performance.

Was pretty ****ty of the City fans throwing lighters, coins & bottles at Fred. That was pretty disgusting & I read that apparently Manchester City & the Police are looking to identify someone making racial gestures towards Fred.

What a ****ing shameful display. They really need to set an example with this guy, before this catches on and suddenly the PL gets infested with this ****ery like Italy is.

They need to ban the guy from all stadia for life.

I think Neville made a really good point here. England and Great Britain as a whole are a lot like the US. They see themselves as "post-racism". When the truth is there is a still a lot of racism in England, just like in Italy, the US and other countries. The Italians don't think they are racist, just like the English don't think they are racist. And yet racism is a constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"