The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a MU-fan I'm not really too disappointed that we are missing out on the glorified loan deal for Reguilon OR not getting an injury prone 31 year old Bale on massive wages - if anything i'm kinda happy we dodged those bullets. But on the flip side our lack of activity is still disappointing. I don't think the covid excuse carries that much weight either because pretty much everyone else have been strengthening and this was our time and chance to go for it.
I’m disappointed you didn’t go for Sancho. Or a good CB, or an eventual replacement for Matic.

I’m disappointed you didn’t go for Sancho. Or a good CB, or an eventual replacement for Matic.
I am still like 70% sure we get Sancho. Ole is still talking him up. But it's United. So we will wait until the last week of the transfer window, and pay their full asking price anyways. :dry:

Does Bale do much work nowadays or not really?

It is quite a burden to carry player who don’t do enough and wait for things to happen.

It feels like Delle got distracted by his personal life. He’s still quite young so hopefully he can get his motivation back. Mourinho isn’t always the best when it comes to developing young talent.
Bale runs about as much as Ronaldo or Messi now. Which is basically not at all. If you deliver like them, that's fine, but Bale doesn't really do that anymore.

I guess that could be it. When Jose first got there, there was talk of resurgence. That died quickly. I wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that they are trying to sell him. Who'd buy?

I am still like 70% sure we get Sancho. Ole is still talking him up. But it's United. So we will wait until the last week of the transfer window, and pay their full asking price anyways. :dry:
It’s too predictable, haha.

I’ll be really happy to see Sancho at Utd, however it happens. I can just see him turning into a world beater in a few more years.

Bale runs about as much as Ronaldo or Messi now. Which is basically not at all. If you deliver like them, that's fine, but Bale doesn't really do that anymore.

I guess that could be it. When Jose first got there, there was talk of resurgence. That died quickly. I wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that they are trying to sell him. Who'd buy?
Ah right, gotya. Son is going to have run an extra 10 miles per match lol.

Big clubs would maybe shy away now. It’s all about price really. I think most clubs outside the top 6 would be very interested if he was available for a reasonable price.

The only way I see Sancho happening this window is if we start the league with like 2-3 games in a row without a win and the panic kicks in. Because it's been clear since the start Dortmund aren't budging on the price so we just look stupid by waiting if we intend to come in with a late bid anyways.

Either way it's a lose for us because either we miss out on a great talent who is probably a lot harder to get next summer (with better clubs than us interested) or we get him only because we start the season badly, and we'd also get him late so he wouldn't get some weeks of pre season to settle in.

The only way I see Sancho happening this window is if we start the league with like 2-3 games in a row without a win and the panic kicks in. Because it's been clear since the start Dortmund aren't budging on the price so we just look stupid by waiting if we intend to come in with a late bid anyways.

Either way it's a lose for us because either we miss out on a great talent who is probably a lot harder to get next summer (with better clubs than us interested) or we get him only because we start the season badly, and we'd also get him late so he wouldn't get some weeks of pre season to settle in.
That's exactly what happened with Bruno and Maguire. :hehe:

I definitely understand the concern. We are the worst negotiators in football at the moment. It's down to a lot of factors, but this repetition is getting tiresome.

This sounds like a very familiar story lol, ultra-deja-vu!

Exactly! Even Mike Ashley has more ambition, look at what the Glazers have taken out of United in comparison to other owners, they are top of that chart by a country mile. :wall:
That sounds like an audacious bid for Mike Ashley as your new director of football. Done! He’s yours. Congrats Hunter!! :hehe:

Remember that transfer window when we sold Ronaldo to Real Madrid for 80m and our replacement was 25m spent on Owen, Valencia and Obertan? This current transfer window isn't too bad after all. ;)

So with a buyback clause you have to give the player back if he turns out to be great? In that case I totally agree with you.

Yes exactly the same as the Morata situation. He went to Juventus for a couple of seasons, did well enough that rumours started to circulate that teams like United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City etc might try & go for him.

Real had a buy back clause, bought him back for I think it was £30m after selling him for £20m 2 seasons prior. They kept him for 1 season in which he did again decently enough & then sold him on to Chelsea for £60m.

Only way I'd be content with a buy back clause would be if it was an extravagant buy back fee ie we buy him for £20m, if they want him back at any point it's £70m.. that I would be somewhat OK with. Otherwise I wouldn't even entertain it, for a club as big as Manchester United, even in our decline in recent years, accepting such a clause would be an insult IMO.

Yes exactly the same as the Morata situation. He went to Juventus for a couple of seasons, did well enough that rumours started to circulate that teams like United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City etc might try & go for him.

Real had a buy back clause, bought him back for I think it was £30m after selling him for £20m 2 seasons prior. They kept him for 1 season in which he did again decently enough & then sold him on to Chelsea for £60m.

Only way I'd be content with a buy back clause would be if it was an extravagant buy back fee ie we buy him for £20m, if they want him back at any point it's £70m.. that I would be somewhat OK with. Otherwise I wouldn't even entertain it, for a club as big as Manchester United, even in our decline in recent years, accepting such a clause would be an insult IMO.
Yeah, it seems worse than a loan deal. If the player turns out to be bad it’s your loss. If the player turns out well it’s their gain.

Reactions: B
Yeah, it seems worse than a loan deal. If the player turns out to be bad it’s your loss. If the player turns out well it’s their gain.
The best they can do is lose money on the deal.

Busy day for some teams at the top, Spurs seem to have wrapped up Bale/Reguilon from Madrid on Loan/HP and Pool have got Thiago both fans must be pretty excited by these prospects.

United still hoping Dortmund cave in or we find an extra £50m down the back of the sofa.......

I want to keep GW too as well though.
That would be good for strength in depth in midfield, especially competing for every trophiy rather than being forced to give one up like last time.

Spurs got lucky in Europe coming from behind late on to win after the minnows they were against (Lokomotiv Plovdiv) got 2 red cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"