The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruno and Telles have been superb, you can tell Bruno likes being captain. Only worry is PSG can not be this bad second half and McTom is one badly timed tackle away from a red card.

If Maguire's head wasnt shaped like a Toblerone I would be more confident. :funny:

But Cavani.......:drl:
Seriously, didn't he use to be good at corners before he came to us? Or did he score a couple for England and that was just assumed on my part? :funny:

Bruno and Telles have been superb, you can tell Bruno likes being captain. Only worry is PSG can not be this bad second half and McTom is one badly timed tackle away from a red card.
I like Bruno as captain. There is every chance PSG stays in second gear. Honestly though, they just need to change up their plan of attack. Neymar and Mbappe on the same side is pretty wasteful imo.

Seriously, didn't he use to be good at corners before he came to us? Or did he score a couple for England and that was just assumed on my part? :funny:

I dont think he scored that many for Leicester with his head but yeah he got a couple in the world cup which probably made it seem like he was a demon at them. However maybe with better service on a consistant basis he might get a few more now.

Ole has got it right so far tonight, tough half ahead though and McTom on a yellow is a worry.

This second half is a little quicker, not sure its going stay at 1-0 like this. Chances at both ends already.

Serious question. Outside of tradition, why do people not want a "European Super League"? It would produce the best club sides and football we have ever seen, and would look no different then something like the NFL, NBA or NHL.

@BlackFox has summed up a lot of my thoughts & feelings regarding this 'European Super League' idea, including some I hadn't even considered, better than I could have worded them had I tried to reply.

You know it's a bad idea because John Henry & The Glazers are seemingly the ones seemingly driving the bandwagon. Neither of which give a **** about the sport, all they care about is money & profits & that is all this + that Big Picture brain fart of theirs is motivated by, greed.

So comfortable for so long actually looking more threatening than PSG, own goal scored & now we're under siege..

@BlackFox has summed up a lot of my thoughts & feelings regarding this 'European Super League' idea, including some I hadn't even considered, better than I could have worded them had I tried to reply.

You know it's a bad idea because John Henry & The Glazers are seemingly the ones seemingly driving the bandwagon. Neither of which give a **** about the sport, all they care about is money & profits & that is all this + that Big Picture brain fart of theirs is motivated by, greed.
They aren't the ones actually driving the idea. They are the ones taking fire, because they don't care about taking fire. No one wants it more then Madrid, Juve, Barca, PSG, but they have a pretense to keep up. The Americans don't worry about that.

Rashford is so poor when he has time and space. How is he so bad in those positions?

Martial with the same type of header going the right way, and of course he misses.

They aren't the ones actually driving the idea. They are the ones taking fire, because they don't care about taking fire. No one wants it more then Madrid, Juve, Barca, PSG, but they have a pretense to keep up. The Americans don't worry about that.

Well I don't know if they're in the front seat, but they're the 2 clubs from England supposedly in actual talks so if they're not driving the bus, they're right behind the driver(s) in the 1st or 2nd row giving directions.

Well I don't know if they're in the front seat, but they're the 2 clubs from England supposedly in actual talks so if they're not driving the bus, they're right behind the driver(s) in the 1st or 2nd row giving directions.
Don't get me wrong, they definitely want it. But these talks have existed before the Glazers or Henry showed up. The Glazers love to lie to us about transfers and such, but they don't mind shouting about the ways they can make more money. :funny:

Martial and Rashford have been poor tonight and they have seen plenty of the ball, terrible decision making at vital times in the final third.

Odd change, Telles has been impressive in his debut. PSG away & he spent the majority of that first half almost like a LW providing proper width. Really like what I've seen from him tonight.

Not sure I like this change.. although having said that, I didn't like the changes he made against Newcastle & they arguably made the difference so we'll see tonight.

Martial and Rashford have been poor tonight and they have seen plenty of the ball, terrible decision making at vital times in the final third.
Yeah, even without the OG and bad 1v1, their decision making has been horrible tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"