The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham bust too...
Di-l8BkXcAA1CEP.jpg

USA pre-season win for Liverpool verses Man City, it won't mean very much bar the 'psychological' edge that the press believe and will want the manager's to say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44963590

An additional side story to this, is evidently, after the match, Klopp 'interrupted' Pep's post match conference and it was rather awkward, Klopp sat down, Pep got up and left at the main 'table'. I think JK had thought or had been told PG had finished and so went in, it all looked like a 'mistake' rather than JK knowingly wanting to make a scene.

Here it is....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/spo...r-beating-man-city/vi-BBL4hmy?ocid=spartanntp

With regards to what Sane was saying about the threat from elsewhere next season, in that interview, which the BBC have now released as a video, as well as Chelsea, to be fair to him, he does also say Liverpool, which was omitted when that article was first released, he says what he has done about Chelsea, new coach etc. and then adds 'and Liverpool, also'.

Oh right, cool. I think nearly everyone expects Liverpool to be a major player next season.

Yeah I am not sure what the plan is any more, it has the feel of the LVG days again with just haphazard signings at the 11th hour to try and coble a world class team together rather than any though out plan. I thought Jose was at least someone who had a clue with that side and had some sort of plan with Matic, Pogba, Lukaku and Bailly coming in but the whole Sanchez thing seeming out of happenstance rather than design and now the likes of Cahill, Maguire and Willian mentioned in various outlets it seems a return to the ,through stuff at the wall and see what sticks, days, slightly concerning. Maybe not Joses fault and the board or Woodward arent getting the targets but either way it doesnt look great on our behalf.
It is a bit disappointing at a club like Utd if between the board and the manager they haven't been able to nail down a coherent strategy and long term plan. Getting top players is good though, even in the absence of a plan, so as long as you can land a few first teamers I wouldn't complain too much. Especially as you have so much potential being unfulfilled within the players you already have. Someone needs to unlock all of that asap.

None of the players we're being linked with currently are players I want to see at Man United and the already dire situation with Mourinho just makes my feelings for the season incredibly lackluster.

I'm excited for the PL season to start because of 19 other teams but can't say I'm feeling very excited about watching our games this season.

Ah thanks a lot for those mate.

Finally some activity for us!

Just hope we do enough to keep Benitez happy.

No probs :up: Hopefully the reinforcements are to Benitez's satisfaction and him and the team can kick on this season.

None of the players we're being linked with currently are players I want to see at Man United and the already dire situation with Mourinho just makes my feelings for the season incredibly lackluster.

I'm excited for the PL season to start because of 19 other teams but can't say I'm feeling very excited about watching our games this season.

I've been noticing more and more fans commenting on social media or online in general seem to be feeling similarly, I know I also do. No matter which signings we make or even which trophies we may win this season, it's pretty much guaranteed the football will be a lot less entertaining than it possibly could be. It's difficult to get excited for a season of likely average to mediocre football, and in all likelihood playing catch up to stay in the top four considering the strength of other sides.

Other sides in Europe are also just going from strength to strength so going past the quarters in the CL (assuming we don't blunder out in the groups) is also a pipe dream.

No probs :up: Hopefully the reinforcements are to Benitez's satisfaction and him and the team can kick on this season.
Yep top 10 at least hopefully. And if we start well maybe more 7th-9th. I think we still need more players to compete though.

Yeah nothing is really getting me hyped from United point of view, same again and hope for the best, seems to be our mantra. Sanchez or Pogba will come good and everything will be fine.........we'll see. Might make top 4 and thats about it but not certain on that.

More interested in what Wolves and Fulham do at the moment, probably play better football to watch than us to be fair. :whatever:

I miss the times of SAF when we bought a lot of players who were unknown or this was the club where they made a name for themselves. Sure, we still bought a few stars but there's something about our current transfer-policy that just rubs me the wrong way because everything SAF built here over a long period of success has very fast devolved into what Chelsea/City/PSG/Real Madrid have been doing.

I guess there used to be a time when I could take pride in the fact that we were better than those clubs, we didnt have to splash the cash on the big names of already big clubs to win trophies, but now we've not only sunk to the same level but IMO gone further.

We're spending money on par with Man City yet they're trying to play attacking football and we're trying to defend and go on the counter attack. It's just sad to me.

Yeah that isn’t great. Usually when fans think of crazy spending sprees they think of fantasy signings all leading to the ultimate attacking team.

Mitrovic was always happening. Hope the fee is decent after his World Cup showing. And a shame he couldn’t give us his international or Fulham form.

Hunter with the news! Bamford is going to be our biggest signing since Robbie Fowler in 2002.

We've also signed Barry Douglas from Wolves, he was in team of the year last season.

Thing's are looking too good at the moment

Glad Fulham sorted out Mitrovic deal, seems to just work for them like it didnt at Newcastle. I'm not saying he's a world class talent but he will do a good job for them and seems to have the tools to work in the Prem, just needs to work on the tempremant.

Glad Fulham sorted out Mitrovic deal, seems to just work for them like it didnt at Newcastle. I'm not saying he's a world class talent but he will do a good job for them and seems to have the tools to work in the Prem, just needs to work on the tempremant.

Yeah, sometimes some players are just suited to different setups. I’m sure he likes living in West London too rather than up North in the cold lol. Just hope we got a decent price for him.

Oh and of course he’s bound to score against us when we play them.

Hunter with the news! Bamford is going to be our biggest signing since Robbie Fowler in 2002.

We've also signed Barry Douglas from Wolves, he was in team of the year last season.

Thing's are looking too good at the moment

And with your new manager maybe this is finally what you need to build the push back to the PL. Good luck mate, very happy for you!!

Yeah, sometimes some players are just suited to different setups. I’m sure he likes living in West London too rather than up North in the cold lol. Just hope we got a decent price for him.

Oh and of course he’s bound to score against us when we play them.

Yeah, sometimes a system or surroundings just works better for a player and they find their "home". Took Cantona a while to find his place and didnt work out too bad for him in the end.

Pretty much nailed on he will, the usual way, but then will do the thing of not celebrating in front of the fans as if that helps, haha.

Yeah, sometimes a system or surroundings just works better for a player and they find their "home". Took Cantona a while to find his place and didnt work out too bad for him in the end.

Pretty much nailed on he will, the usual way, but then will do the thing of not celebrating in front of the fans as if that helps, haha.

Haha, well I think there is some honour in it at least. Good luck to him at Fulham. He wasn’t right for us but looks like he is right for them.

Mourinho already showing signs of his third season form, trash-talking his own players and the fans. Can we get someone else in please? I'd rather rally behind Big Sam for a season.

Mourinho already showing signs of his third season form, trash-talking his own players and the fans. Can we get someone else in please? I'd rather rally behind Big Sam for a season.

What did he say about the fans?

Jose is basically Wyclef Jean at this point, gone by November.

Threw all his youth under the bus after last nights pre season game, great way to boost their morale....:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"