The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa beat Everton 1-0 to continue Everton’s descent. They are now just 4 points off the drop. All other fixtures goalless for now.

Shelvey, yes! Come on, need some points here. Leeds 0-1 Newcastle coming up to 10 mins left.

Utd get a late goal against West Ham. Offside check but goal stands. 1-0 final score.

Final whistle in the Leeds Newcastle game. Huge
3 points for us!

Reactions: B
Southampton take the lead against City!

Southampton hold City to a 1-1 draw bringing their winning run to an end.

Decent performance, didn't create a lot of clear cut chances but had a couple of opportunities that we should have scored. Ronaldo was unlucky twice & he should have had a penalty when Zouma barged into his back when he was attacking a chipped through ball into the box.

How VAR looked at that & determined it was a legitimate challenge given that he bowled Ronaldo over in the back & didn't touch the ball is ridiculous. That's the sort of decision that one week it's a clear cut foul & penalty, then the next I've to listen to arguments about how this is a contact sport.

Once again happy for Rashford to get the winner, hopefully these last 2 have given him a spring back in his step.

Yeah I agree it was a decent performance. West Ham have been very good this season and aside from 1 or 2 chances we held them off good. Could have created more but at least we got the 3 points. :)

Ground out win yesterday, the points are needed so you take them. Not really flowing any better as a side but at this stage of the season its not likely too when its been a rough road to here. Just scrap for top 4 is all we can do. At least with players like Ronaldo, Cavani and Fernandes the effort to keep going for 90minutes is there even if the legs arent quite there with some. The midfield is still a bit of a mess but we dont really have a tough fixture in the league until 5 March so we just have to accumulate as many points as we can until we play City.

Villa got another good win at Everton, I think they have had the best window by far getting in Gerrard and Coutinho and Digne has really energized them and moved them up the table and look to be going places again.

Saints did well to get a point off City, doesnt blow the title race open just yet but at least it shows there is the potential for points to be dropped.

Huge win for Newcaslte at Leeds, gives them something to keep fighting for at least.

Last edited:
Van Dijk and Oxlade put Liverpool 2-0 up against Palace.

Shocking decision in the Chelsea v Spurs game to disallow Kane's perfectly good goal, how VAR didnt overturn it either is odd but the ref made a mare there. Not sure Spurs would have clung on second half but it would have given them something to fight for at least but Chelsea were too good for them in the end to win 2-0. Might be the win they need to keep away from the top 4 race.

That 1-0 goal was really beautiful. One of the best goals of the season!

Otherwise I agree that Spurs should have been given that 1-0 goal, however Chelsea were the better team so overall them winning it wasn't unfair.

Chelsea finally pick up a win at Spurs’ expense. The top 4 race is still on and competitive, mainly as no one is consistent down there.

And they want to give Arteta a 2 year extension on what he has left on his contract with improved wages taking us to at least 2025...

4EHG0FT.gif

And they want to give Arteta a 2 year extension on what he has left on his contract with improved wages taking us to at least 2025...

4EHG0FT.gif

Not gonna lie, when I heard the reasoning for wanting to give Arteta a new contract to fend off City interest I almost spit out my drink. Even if Pep left tomorrow I don't think Arteta would make City's top5 (maybe even top10) shortlist.

Watford love sacking a manager dont they. I guess they have grand ideas of where they should be, results haven't been great I guess but Rainieri didnt get long did he, lol even Ole lasted 3 years. I guess Watford just have bigger ambitions than us. :funny:

Watford love sacking a manager dont they. I guess they have grand ideas of where they should be, results haven't been great I guess but Rainieri didnt get long did he, lol even Ole lasted 3 years. I guess Watford just have bigger ambitions than us. :funny:
They're smart. They write in minimal compensation if they decide to sack you.

Not gonna lie, when I heard the reasoning for wanting to give Arteta a new contract to fend off City interest I almost spit out my drink. Even if Pep left tomorrow I don't think Arteta would make City's top5 (maybe even top10) shortlist.
City will be going for Ole instead. :D

They're smart. They write in minimal compensation if they decide to sack you.

Fair enough I guess, they dont seem to think twice about these things. Not sure how they attract managers with that policy but maybe the managers going in only see it as a short term thing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"