The Operating System Thread: Windows, MacOS, ChromeOS, Linux, and more

But Microsoft promised Win10 would be the last version! :o

Also... Eww, a centered taskbar. Hopefully it can be positioned back to the left.

But Microsoft promised Win10 would be the last version! :o

Also... Eww, a centered taskbar. Hopefully it can be positioned back to the left.
He mentions it can in the video I posted.

Looks good visually.
I didn't watched the whole video, did it mentioned the possibility to make the task bar fully transparent ?

Looks good visually.
I didn't watched the whole video, did it mentioned the possibility to make the task bar fully transparent ?
Yeah. It's pretty much the same as W10. The default looks different is why everyone was up in arms.

Yeah. It's pretty much the same as W10. The default looks different is why everyone was up in arms.

You can't make W10 task bar fully transparent without an utility program or editing the registry.
It would be nice to do it without a program or registry editing in W11.

You can't make W10 task bar fully transparent without an utility program or editing the registry.
It would be nice to do it without a program or registry editing in W11.
Oh fully transparent. I thought you were just saying transparent.

Yes or invisible.
I like the centered task bar, I already use something close.

upload_2021-6-19_21-46-26.png

Note: I don't use any program to put my icons at the center of the task bar.
I only use a prog to render the task bar invisible.

So I got a reminder about the Windows 11 event.

Wow, Android apps on Windows!

I got the leaked build installed in a VM. Will try a bit over the weekend but I already don't like the fact you need to use a MS account for your login.

Windows 11: The Best Windows Ever for Gaming - Xbox Wire
With a high performance NVMe SSD and the proper drivers, Windows 11 can soon load new games faster than ever thanks to a breakthrough technology called DirectStorage, which we also pioneered as part of the Xbox Velocity Architecture featured in the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.

With DirectStorage, which will only be available with Windows 11, games can quickly load assets to the graphics card without bogging down the CPU. This means you’ll get to experience incredibly detailed game worlds rendered at lightning speeds, without long load times. “DirectStorage Optimized” Windows 11 PCs are configured with the hardware and drivers needed to enable this amazing experience.

W11 will b a free upgrade for W10 users (no surprises). Requirements are a 64-bit CPU, 4 GB RAM and 64 GB of storage.

Windows 11 is a free upgrade

Wow, Android apps on Windows!

I got the leaked build installed in a VM. Will try a bit over the weekend but I already don't like the fact you need to use a MS account for your login.

For real ? No option to log as local admin ? (I don't even use a password for my admin account).

For real ? No option to log as local admin ? (I don't even use a password for my admin account).
In the video I posted, you can still use a local PC account, but it will be limited to some features.

PC's not compatible right now, but then again it was new back in 2013. :funny:

I just checked and I do have admin privileges. So it looks like the first account added/created gets admin rights.

PC's not compatible right now, but then again it was new back in 2013. :funny:
I wouldn't trust that health check tool for now. I ran it on my Win11 VM and it says the PC cannot run Windows 11... :hehe:

gi.php

I so wanted this Spectre when it first came out. It was so forking sleek. BUT I got this Omen Pro instead:

hp-omen-pro-15-big1000-21438874725.jpg

I just checked and I do have admin privileges. So it looks like the first account added/created gets admin rights.

But it's still an MS account that must be created on MS web site ?
I may have misunderstood what you said.

But it's still an MS account that must be created on MS web site ?
I may have misunderstood what you said.
Yes, it's a MS account. During setup process, I had the choices between using a personal MS account or one set up by my workplace or school.

I did not see any option to create a local account. I installed the Pro edition, by the way. I could reset my VM and install the Enterprise one and see if there are more options.

Yes, it's a MS account. During setup process, I had the choices between using a personal MS account or one set up by my workplace or school.

I did not see any option to create a local account. I installed the Pro edition, by the way. I could reset my VM and install the Enterprise one and see if there are more options.
Didn't see anything like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"