Sequels The Original Cast Appreciation Thread

Rike

Crazy
Reaction score
Given the past comments from the people involved on X-Men: Days of Future Past, the possibility of future movies with the original cast seems more likely now, so feel free to discuss and speculate.

-How it should differ from the Original Trilogy?
-Which characters do you want to return?
-Which new characters do you want to see? Who should play them?
-Which storylines should be adapted? The classic comics or the modern comics?

Hutch Parker said:
I think what's exciting is that it can be both. I think the nature of this project is that they intersect and the legacy can be unique and different for both casts, together and separately. There's a tremendous amount of opportunity that comes out of it.
WHICH MUTANT TEAM MOVES FORWARD IN A POTENTIAL SEQUEL TO X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?

Obviously we don’t know how this movie ends, but at this point is there the sense that you’ll have members of both these casts to play with going forward, or does this movie serve as a definitive end point to the story of that cast from the first three X-Men films?
Lauren Shuler Donner: Well this is… no. Yes. No. (laughter) OK, next? (laughs) We will… continue… I can’t tell you, really. We will continue with our main characters in the future versions. We want to diversify. We will bring in new characters. My mandate to myself since I’ve been involved in these movies was “make every single movie different, so there’s never X-Men fatigue.” What I loved about what Matthew Vaughn did was that he made it a Bond movie. A James Bond movie. I didn’t want fans to say “I’ve seen it, been there,” you know. And what James Mangold did with The Wolverine was he made it a noir. It had a whole different style, a whole different feel, more focus on character, it was kind of one of those old film noir movies. And Bryan, what he’s doing that’s interesting is, it’s time to bring back the “classic Coke,” the classic X-Men that we had before, the classic cast. It’s the right way to do it. You wouldn’t want to fool around and give it a different kind of style or genre, so that’s perfect. Will we… we will bring a lot of people back, let’s just say that. And we’ll bring in new characters, and we will release different kinds of X-Men stories. I don’t know that we’re always going to follow this one, I think it’s time to reach out, to, well I can’t say because you’ll print it and then everyone will expect it.
Producer Lauren Shuler Donner Talks the Darker Tone, Casting, the X-MEN Franchise, DEADPOOL, Sequels, and More on Set of X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Does it leave us in a place where we could see more adventures from either set of characters?
Simon Kingberg: Sure, for sure. Absolutely. Yeah, I mean, at the movie I hope you'll feel like, "Oh, I want to follow the older cast on their new adventures, and I want to follow these younger guys into the '70s, '80s, and onward."
Writer-Producer on the Origins of X-Men: Days of Future Past

X-Men-Movie.jpg

1453209457407201355124902115116.jpg

giphy.gif

:o

Fox announces an untitled Marvel film:
The studio has set aside some real estate three years down the line for a pair of superhero properties and a summer 2018 date for another Marvel pic. Fox said tonight that Fantastic Four 2 — the sequel to its reboot of the comic book quartet that doesn’t hit theaters for another 15 months — will bow on July 14, 2017, and the next Wolverine pic will arrive March 3, 2017. The studio also booked July 13, 2018, for an undisclosed Marvel film. Fanboys’ fingers likely are cramping already as they weigh in online about exactly what that movie will be. All three dates are exclusive to the pics for now.
Fox Unveils Dates For ‘Fantastic Four’ & ‘Wolverine’ Sequels, Untitled Marvel Pic

Could it be a new OT cast movie? :awesome::hmm

Last edited:
In my opinion, a line up consisting of these OT+2023 DOFP characters
-Professor X
-Wolverine
-Storm
-Iceman
-Rogue
-Colossus
-Magneto
-Shadowcat
-Bishop
-Blink
-Warpath
-Sunspot

Would definitely fill the theaters, would attract more attention than the other potential X-Men films out there. I'm not expecting Warpath, Sunspot and Blink to return. They seem like one of those mutants who will only appear in 1 movie and Fox will forget about them to make room for new characters. I want Bishop to comeback! I don't want Magneto to return because I feel like he had his time and I don't really wanna see him as of the X-Men, but I don't think Fox is ready to let go of Ian Mckellen.

And as always if there's a new movie, there will be new characters. I don't know if this thread is for X-Men: Apocalypse. But if the OT cast should have a 5th film. I feel like its time to introduce Psylocke to the team.

Last edited:
If we get the OC then we need these two
th

If those two came back, thats another why it would make me feel like that another First Class film is not needed.

Another First Class film is surely needed. :huh:

Last edited:
Another First Class film is surely needed. :huh:

Story-wise, its not needed. I don't think the mainstream movie goers would prefer another origin story, another film where Prof X/Magneto are younger, another prequel more than just moving forward in the present.

And "origin" materials can easily be shown in flashbacks ala LOST style.

"Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?"

Depends whether its past it's expiration date or not . . .

But to play along:

Differ from the Original Trilogy- Focus distributed around to all instead of one or two.

Characters to return- Wolverine, Professor X, Storm, Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, Beast, Nightcrawler, Jean & Scott.

New characters- Don't really need them, but it'd be fantastic if they could incorporate Gambit.

Storylines- X-Cutioner's Song. But we'd need Cable/X-Force. Anything with a strong new villain. Assuming Apocalypse is just for FC3 that still leaves Sinister or Shadow King out there.

I think now that Fox and Singer have the chance, they should bring back ALL the original X-Men at least once and for once and for all.

So this means an epic roster consisting in:

Cyclops
Jean
Wolverine
Storm
Beast (the 5 older members)
Rogue
Gambit
Iceman
Nightcrawler
Angel
Kitty
& Colossus

They can split them on two teams during the movie, for different missions, and Gambit can start by his own, sharing a few scenes with Wolverine and Rogue from time to time, ending with Remy joining the X-Men on final battle.

Of course, they could put Cyclops leading the X-Men finally and this way Fox would give us the ultimate X-Men movie fans have been waiting for all these years.

And Fox wants even another movie, then some x-men can go, like Beast and Nightcrawler . But the most important thing is to use them all together at least once in this series.

OT cast need to return at least one more time. I would want more substantial roles for Marden's Cyclops (of course), but also characters that can't be utilised in the prequel setting like Rogue and Angel. I hope Gambit is held off until a film in this era, because him and Rogue interacting is long overdue.

I think seperate teams could be interesting with such a large potential roster. Could be cool if Cykes leads one team and Storm another (not to downplay either), and it would be pretty geeky if the former's featured the original line-up on-screen for the first team (X-Factor anyone?). Failing that, maybe tie them into X-Force.

As far as plots go I'm not sure. Sinister is an obvious choice for villain, and Apocalypse should really be a more long-term threat than one film (but we'll see how that goes).

as strange as this thread is i have no idea why this is in the apocalypse section, wouldn't it be better suited in X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

what's strange about this thread?

talking about OT cast sequels is strange?

There has to be something about Angel change to Archangel in this serie when we finally have Apocalypse. Would be ideal if FOX give us ,,Mutant massacre" story with OT cast in X-Men 4 aka X-Men: Rise of 4th horseman.
Cyclops
Jean
Wolverine
Storm
Beast
Rogue
Gambit
Iceman
Nightcrawler
Angel
Kitty
& Colossus
It fits to MM comic rosters:
X-Factor: Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Iceman, Beast,
X-Men: Wolverine, Storm, Nigtcrawler, Rogue, Kitty, Colossus,
+ Gambit as Sinister's henchman, left Marauders and join X-Men.

what's strange about this thread?

talking about OT cast sequels is strange?

the coca cola analogy continues to be a strange one, not the donner one but this one lol

Last edited:
There has to be something about Angel change to Archangel in this serie when we finally have Apocalypse. Would be ideal if FOX give us ,,Mutant massacre" story with OT cast in X-Men 4 aka X-Men: Rise of 4th horseman.

It fits to MM comic rosters:
X-Factor: Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Iceman, Beast,
X-Men: Wolverine, Storm, Nigtcrawler, Rogue, Kitty, Colossus,
+ Gambit as Sinister's henchman, left Marauders and join X-Men.

This would be awesome.

Id use the original five together in one scene or two, as a nod, but personally, would love to see at least one scene with Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Rogue and Gambit working and fighting together. It would be f**** epic to me

but yeah, Mutant Massacre would be a great story, and they could end with Apocalypse rising, leading to next movie, if Fox feels ever more ambitious.

Story-wise, its not needed. I don't think the mainstream movie goers would prefer another origin story, another film where Prof X/Magneto are younger, another prequel more than just moving forward in the present.

And "origin" materials can easily be shown in flashbacks ala LOST style.

They still have contracts, Fox won't just let them go, especially with Fassbender and Lawrence being the most on demand actors right now.
Also, if younger versions of Scott and Jean are introduced in the past, these characters will have more dimension next time we see them in a future movie with the original cast.

Last edited:
totally agree with the last quote.

Its important to give Scott and Jean a full arc, and Scott deserves more dimention, so telling his origin will make the audience connect with him a bit more.

on other hand, we shouldnt discuss anymore the endless Fc vs OT cast. All the producers have adressed they want both, so dont start that discussion again on here, since it has been discussed to death on the board, and by the same people.

If someone is interested, they can create a separate thread, to continue that war.

Back to OT cast..... if I see Nightcrawler and Angel together on the big screen, having some epic action moments, I swear I could scream on the theatre, lol

as strange as this thread is i have no idea why this is in the apocalypse section, wouldn't it be better suited in X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

I realised I was creating this thread in the wrong place in the minute I pressed the submit button. :oldrazz: I contacted some administrators and they already cleaned my mess.
And this thread is not more strange than a dozen of other threads that no one ever clicks on it. :dry:

the coca cola analogy continues to be a strange one, not the donner one but this one lol

The coke thing is just something I saw another thread and thought it would be a cool title (and an opportunity to post a Heisenberg gif :hehe:).

totally agree with the last quote.

Its important to give Scott and Jean a full arc, and Scott deserves more dimention, so telling his origin will make the audience connect with him a bit more.

on other hand, we shouldnt discuss anymore the endless Fc vs OT cast. All the producers have adressed they want both, so dont start that discussion again on here, since it has been discussed to death on the board, and by the same people.

If someone is interested, they can create a separate thread, to continue that war.

Back to OT cast..... if I see Nightcrawler and Angel together on the big screen, having some epic action moments, I swear I could scream on the theatre, lol

:up::up:
I didn't create this thread to turn it into a OT vs. FC debate (I think we already do that in every thread :o).

There has to be something about Angel change to Archangel in this serie when we finally have Apocalypse.

You'd think, even if there were only preliminary discussions about introducing Apocalypse to this universe, that tptb would have brought Angel back for DOFP. That Archangel storyline should have been something they were thinking about. But now? Giving that character so much potential focus would just feel weird. Especially after a 10+ year absence. There's just no depth with the character. Something DOFP could/should of worked on.

2023 roster

X-MEN

-Wolverine/Hugh Jackman
-Storm/Halle Berry
-Rogue/Anna Paquin
-Iceman/Shawn Ashmore
-Kitty/Ellen Page
-Colossus/Daniel Cudmore
-Cyclops/James Marsden (back to life)
-Jean/Famke Janssen (back to life)
-Nightcrawler/Alan Cumming (returning; in case he doesn't come back - Ethan Embry)
-Beast/Kelsey Grammer (returning; in case he doesn't come back - Nathan Fillion)
-Angel/Ben Foster (returning; in case he doesn't come back - Mike Vogel)
-Psylocke/Gemma Chan (rebooted)
-Gambit/Ian Somerhalder (rebooted)

You'd think, even if there were only preliminary discussions about introducing Apocalypse to this universe, that tptb would have brought Angel back for DOFP. That Archangel storyline should have been something they were thinking about. But now? Giving that character so much potential focus would just feel weird. Especially after a 10+ year absence. There's just no depth with the character. Something DOFP could/should of worked on.
No it wouldn't, he can be slave, same as Beast, Mystique.
He needs more time on screen, Archangel is really cool character and he's Apocalypse's horseman. He has to be in one of next movies, where Apocalypse is main villain since now. So I don't see anything weird in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"