The Passion of the Christ. Most overrated POS movie ever?

the film was well done since they kept true to the langaue which was original. But the violents of the film killed it! if it was less bloody an more story then i would have liked it much better

I've seen better versions on A&E

Super Flight said:
the film was well done since they kept true to the langaue which was original. But the violents of the film killed it! if it was less bloody an more story then i would have liked it much better

I've seen better versions on A&E

That is just the thing,they did not keep it true by using Aramaic.Besides the fact that they had awful,nigh not understandable accents,it is highly unlikely that Pilate and Jesus would have spoken in anything other than the Greek language.Regarding the violence...that was,indeed,a pretty accurate portrait of his sufferings,actually.

No Flame on, it's not fiction! All I can say is I thought the movie was absolutely great!! As for the violence, read about the actual account in the Bible, it was much worse than what the movie even showed!

This was by far the most gut-wrenching movie I've ever seen.Even though you knew what was gonna happen you couldnt look away.What they did to jesus was just...I cant put into words.I cant watch this movie ever again.it really did a number on me:)

kirbyfan said:
No Flame on, it's not fiction! All I can say is I thought the movie was absolutely great!! As for the violence, read about the actual account in the Bible, it was much worse than what the movie even showed!
Yes it is. I'm not starting a flame war about religion or whatever because we have loads of threads for that.

I'm just saying that this is a piece of fiction in the same way that A Beautiful Mind or Walk the Line is piece of fiction. Complaining about violence, historical inacurracies, tone, themes etc is pointless as it's a fictional account not a fly on the wall documentary.

Liquid Snake said:
Wow. I have to say, probably one of the worst movies I have seen in awhile. The movie by itself is so bad that I doubt most people would even understand any of it. I grew up in a muslim family so know alot about the stories but the movie does no job of even telling you who are all the people. the character development is nowhere to be seen other than some jesus nice guy flashbacks. The movie tries a cheap, lets see jesus get beaten for two hours just so the christian who actually believe in all the silly stories can cry for 2 hours.

I saw the Life of Brian yesterday and it was 10 times better than this crap, and probably truer to what probably happened.

Musslims...
if there any movies about the life of Alá, you're welcome to go watch them instead of watching a chirstian movie and bashing it cause it has no sense or meaning to you.

Meh, another remake. :down

Joking. ;)

I'm not a believer, at least, I don't think I am. For me, Jesus' story is a great fiction, i've always enjoyed it. He's like the superman of his time, a man perfect in everything.

Gibson didn't remade the same goddamn movies we had seen hundred of times, like many people here wanted to see. We already have these movies. He made something else, and I quite enjoyed that.

Warhammer said:
I wish Michael Ironside portrayed Satan.
He played a good Satan on a DTV movie of Jesus I had to watch a few years back.

Anyway, The POTC was a movie that I will never watch again.
For the couple of days after watching it, I was anti-Jew and anti-Roman.

Man, who doesnt hate the romans? salad eating mafia bastards...almost as bad as the french they are

Liquid Snake said:
Wow. I have to say, probably one of the worst movies I have seen in awhile. The movie by itself is so bad that I doubt most people would even understand any of it. I grew up in a muslim family so know alot about the stories but the movie does no job of even telling you who are all the people. the character development is nowhere to be seen other than some jesus nice guy flashbacks. The movie tries a cheap, lets see jesus get beaten for two hours just so the christian who actually believe in all the silly stories can cry for 2 hours.

I saw the Life of Brian yesterday and it was 10 times better than this crap, and probably truer to what probably happened.

Those two sentences reveal alot about your "knowledge".

I guess Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses on film would appeal to you. . . .Hey, it could be "probably truer to what probably happened."

Kabuki_Jo said:
Musslims...
if there any movies about the life of Alá, you're welcome to go watch them instead of watching a chirstian movie and bashing it cause it has no sense or meaning to you.

I suggest you try to learn a little bit about Islam before making such a statement (and I'm not even Muslim myself). Muslims actually recognize Jesus as a fairly significant religious figure (not literally the son of God, but a holy man with extraordinary powers nonetheless).

In fact, when POTC was released in certain Arab markets, reports had people coming out of the movie absolutely ecstatic because of what they saw as anti-semetic content.

People also came out saying that Jesus was African, but who's to argue people's "logic" nowadays?

My favorite line from this movie was "aaaaaagggghhhhhhhhh" when Jesus' flesh was torn out of his side.

i was muslim idiots. And I dislike islam as much as I hate Christianity

Liquid Snake said:
LOL, I've been saying this for two years straight!:p:up:

Liquid Snake said:

This movie is akin to Cabin Fever, it's a nice supplement piece to a known genre of stories, sorry for the pretenciousness in that phrase. Cabin Fever is cool in the sense that it's a complete and utter homage to 80s Horror movies and it's nice to watch in addition to those movies but on it's own is complete crap. Passion of the Christ is the same way. Passion of the Christ is a beautifully shot film and is a great supplement piece if your a huge fan of the story of jesus but for everyone else it completely useless.... Except the fanbase for Jesus is substantially bigger than that of 80s horror flicks.

Movies205 said:
This movie is akin to Cabin Fever, it's a nice supplement piece to a known genre of stories, sorry for the pretenciousness in that phrase. Cabin Fever is cool in the sense that it's a complete and utter homage to 80s Horror movies and it's nice to watch in addition to those movies but on it's own is complete crap. Passion of the Christ is the same way. Passion of the Christ is a beautifully shot film and is a great supplement piece if your a huge fan of the story of jesus but for everyone else it completely useless.... Except the fanbase for Jesus is substantially bigger than that of 80s horror flicks.

Fanbase, heh. Somehow, that sounds very strange here.

Btw, i'm not religious. And I've never really care about Jesus' story. It wasn't until around the time I saw POTC that I was reminded I quite admired Jesus' story. Didn't made me believe anymore in him, just like I wouldn't believe more in Santa Claus after watching a movie with him in it, but it did make me respect and admire the myth "behind the legend" even more.

Jesus movies are usually quite interesting, especially when they try something new (i.e. POTC and Last Temptation of Christ).

Since i'm not a religious fanatic, I have no interest in seeing once again the same story told in a respecful way, without adding anything to the genre. I know many people don't like anything new when it comes to jesus, but that makes them more blind, since they can't watch it without that point of view.

TheSaintofKillers said:
Fanbase, heh. Somehow, that sounds very strange here.

Btw, i'm not religious. And I've never really care about Jesus' story. It wasn't until around the time I saw POTC that I was reminded I quite admired Jesus' story. Didn't made me believe anymore in him, just like I wouldn't believe more in Santa Claus after watching a movie with him in it, but it did make me respect and admire the myth "behind the legend" even more.

Jesus movies are usually quite interesting, especially when they try something new (i.e. POTC and Last Temptation of Christ).

Since i'm not a religious fanatic, I have no interest in seeing once again the same story told in a respecful way, without adding anything to the genre. I know many people don't like anything new when it comes to jesus, but that makes them more blind, since they can't watch it without that point of view.

I'm not sure if your praising the movie or not? :confused: I'm assuming your not because it's the same story already told. As for Jesus, I understand your point of view and I agree. I'm a fan of Last Temptation of the Christ but when people deeply believe in something, I think it's hard for people to accept otehr people's ideas. I mean it goes back to the same message that "Good Night, and Good Luck" was preaching, the line about how people should be able to listen to other people's ideas without fearing that it'll change there is really what it's all about. It's like people are afraid if they hear something different from what they believe, it taints there beliefs.

Kabuki_Jo said:
Actually, I've learned that information after I had posted, from my girlfriend.

Cool. To quote Chief Warrant Officer Flint, "now you know, and knowing is half the battle."

Kabuki_Jo said:
Idiots?

You're the one who hates both christianity and musslim religion and yet take your time to bash a movie with religious content...who's the idiot now?
If you chose to believe in nothing or no one, why the heck do you bother watching religious content movies?
It sucks as a movie and even on a religious level where it shows nothing of the life, only morons would think that torture is why jesus is so special.

God it's so stupid how when you hate the movie it has to mean that it's because you aren't a Christian.

I've seen good samurai films and bad samurai films and I'll never be a samurai and I'll never live my life by the code of the samurai.

I've seen stylishly made films about murderers and crappy slasher movies. I'm not a murderer, I don't want to be murdered nor do I want anyone to be murdered.

I saw Kundun. I thought it was interesting but a little slow. My opinion on the film has nothing at all to do with my feelings about the real life Dalai Lama.

American History X was a pretty good movie. It wasn't good because it humanized racists, or demonized racists, or because it had a good message. It was good because it was well made.

As I've said, I just saw The Ten Commandments for the 20th time the other day. I love it. I don't believe that I should base my beliefs on it. I don't believe that it's an accurate depiction of what happened. I just liked the movie.

You can be an athiest and see a religious film and see it's artistic merit. T.O.N.S. of athiests think the Bible is the greatest piece of literature in existence.
Sadly most religious people can't do the same. If there's a really well-made film, but it's about something sinful, like, oh, say, 2 gay cowboys...then they simply say, "That's a terrible film. It sends a bad message."

This happens a lot with shows like American Beauty. They say it sucks, ask them why, and they'll tell you it sucks because of it's pro-Gay, pro-drugs agenda and because you see naked breasts in it.

Stupid world.:down

You may not be a Catholic, but you don't strike me as an atheist.

You are a good natured, happy kind of guy. And my mom always says that atheists are sad, depressed people because they have a void in life that only religion (any religion) can fill.

thealiasman2000 said:
You may not be a Catholic, but you don't strike me as an atheist.

You are a good natured, happy kind of guy. And my mom always says that atheists are sad, depressed people because they have a void in life that only religion (any religion) can fill.
That just made my day.:up:

Liquid Snake said:
It sucks as a movie and even on a religious level where it shows nothing of the life, only morons would think that torture is why jesus is so special.

You hate religion but comment on the film on a religious level? Give me a break. . .:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"