The Penguin Appeciation Thread

Classic Penguin can totally be a main villain in a Batman movie. Easily.

Thank you very much.:yay:

If they had chosen to continue the Mob storyline in TDK trilogy, The Penguin would definitely be my choice in representing that side.

I like that the comics are using Penguin's classic side more. Same with the video games (well AK not so much). Arkham City for example was a great throwback to classic outlandish Penguin. He had a museum base full of nasty surprises like gladiator fights, a pet shark, a lake of crumbling ice, people locked in display cases like bizarre trophies, a pumped up titan henchman etc.

I like that the comics are using Penguin's classic side more

Same here. There really was no need to turn him into a sewer-dwelling circus freak in Batman Returns.

He had a museum base full of nasty surprises like gladiator fights, a pet shark, a lake of crumbling ice, people locked in display cases like bizarre trophies, a pumped up titan henchman

Can`t believe some fans prefer Black Mask to him.

I think Penguin is often underated and underlooked. The main problem is people don't see him as a threat. Another problem people have is they don't think he's interesting. I too prefer his more classic interpretation as the "Gentleman of Crime". Heck I find it interesting how he's been seen to run for public office in multiple incarnations. He could totally be the main baddie in a Batman movie, he's simply more of a cerebral threat, an eccentric criminal who is affable enough to rise up to a rank where he has the ability to turn Gotham back into the corrupted city it was before Batman's influence, undoing all the progress that Batman has done. He's a villain Batman can't just punch out.

he's simply more of a cerebral threat, an eccentric criminal who is affable enough to rise up to a rank where he has the ability to turn Gotham back into the corrupted city it was before Batman's influence, undoing all the progress that Batman has done. He's a villain Batman can't just punch out.

That's an excellent idea for a Batman film (even an alternate TDK sequel in my opinion)

I'm happy that people agree with me. Penguin FTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"