The Photo Mode Thread

Snow Queen

Universally Loathed Feminazi (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about any of you, but one of the things I enjoy the most in games these days is a good photo mode. I have sunk a lot of hours into just wandering around some of the games I've been playing and taking photos for hours after completing the campaign and side missions. So, I thought it might be fun to see if anyone else enjoys it too and might want to share - or it might just be me posting into the void of a dead thread, but either way. :o

Kicking things off, I pulled out a few of mine from God of War (2018):
yw19rEt.jpg

TcpJLyb.jpg

puFO1Ht.jpg
GKDu2nj.jpg
XD5HZOg.jpg
QT3Lb4Z.jpg
EeOtpMI.jpg
ZTs0B0K.jpg
wYSBg9g.jpg
NynrPbT.jpg
jYt3NPX.jpg
OHpxeLg.jpg
Q3pmm5c.jpg

Lovely shots Snow and a great idea for a thread. I have a lot of videos over the years too but my pics and videos are all over the place and not organised. This gives me some motivation to sort that out and to start putting up new ones here. Also great choice of game to kick off. :cwink::up:

Recently, I've been playing a lot of Control now that it's one of the free games for the month - and I am utterly in love with the look of this game.

U76ZDcx.jpg

ZOx3Syr.jpg
xOEDsb6.jpg
eqeU9qs.jpg
xRFKAvX.jpg
LGOZSyO.jpg
fBYmKjl.jpg
0gyBz6n.jpg
Ugt90yY.jpg

Last game I played and used the photo mode extensively is Cyberpunk 2077. I just need to find the time and sort through all the screenshots (over 140 :funny:).

I'll start with Metro Exodus which I thought has an incredible detailed world thanks to its photorealistic textures.

WARNING! I'm dumping my screenshots with no compression (Imgur is unfortunately compressing to hell all uploaded images). So expect mid to large file sizes (some may even reach 20 MB) depending if they were taken at 1080p or 4K and in JPG or PNG format.

6qe06g.jpg

kilbyp.jpg

6cwkbm.jpg

xdi25k.jpg

ftvsdu.jpg

7sad6g.jpg

g3z36s.jpg

6v8fuv.jpg

t6g9a5.jpg

55csyj.jpg

otfgp2.jpg

4e2blm.jpg

ujekse.jpg

7ktdko.jpg

dxn6g1.jpg

dtabkp.jpg

th1a42.jpg

unq9ox.jpg

fzbtpd.jpg

41pw96.jpg

oqfmd8.jpg

uvbl3c.jpg

q22s2h.jpg

y3a2kv.jpg

fjg35a.jpg

loje1o.jpg
q22nyx.jpg

Recently, I've been playing a lot of Control now that it's one of the free games for the month - and I am utterly in love with the look of this game.
It's next on my list to play.

Last game I played and used the photo mode extensively is Cyberpunk 2077. I just need to find the time and sort through all the screenshots (over 140 :funny:).

I'll start with Metro Exodus which I thought has an incredible detailed world thanks to its photorealistic textures.

WARNING! I'm dumping my screenshots with no compression (Imgur is unfortunately compressing to hell all uploaded images). So expect mid to large file sizes (some may even reach 20 MB) depending if they were taken at 1080p or 4K and in JPG or PNG format.

It's next on my list to play.
Cyberpunk's got a great photo mode, I keep booting it back up just to run around and take more photos - it's such a photogenic game when my cars aren't falling from the sky.

Those are gorgeous photos! Nice looking game, the environments seem almost peaceful despite how torn up they are.

Hope you enjoy Control when you play it!

Dragging up this old thing I immediately got super busy and didn't post enough in. :hehe: I've ended up playing quite a few games the last few months and have been loving the photo modes. A few favourites from the two Spider-Man games:
uve35zX.jpg

krA0198.jpg

nzXuvaB.jpg

N2pTu8B.jpg

vK1eEhr.jpg

soCX7Zb.jpg

Ec0KN2o.jpg

MmJNHlo.jpg

E4hfJhl.jpg

fyou5KU.jpg

reRTWEA.jpg

0pu7Fui.jpg

byjxjrS.jpg

5DwUxAj.jpg

IcbrjdV.jpg

rYqQlcG.jpg

MVcoE3v.jpg

6ljpzD4.jpg

qDyMQr1.jpg

CTdQbmk.jpg

3IvkG4g.jpg

3QzA5ZV.jpg

tm6A4tC.jpg

aPnkG2B.jpg

kgDJlrT.jpg

fO9eu06.jpg

Aw I honestly thought this was a game that played around with Photo Mode like a Fatal Frame or something. :funny:

I wish I could've taken more screenshots because the game has a lot of great moody/atmospheric environments. Alas, no dedicated photo mode and I spent most of my playthrough wounded so there were blood stains all over the screen. :o

Miles Morales' lighting mode is one of my favourite things in a photo mode. It opens so many cool options to play with.
KLz4iN0.jpg

6we7gMB.png

7nehVSk.jpg

m37jj4G.jpg

Nx6Znkj.jpg

GSDHdve.jpg
eH40Kjf.jpg

poFVCmF.jpg

LOM3vTd.jpg

Alright, some cyberpunk love!

The Ascent is a beautifully crafted cyberpunk world. I felt like playing a Blade Runner game. When you enter the first public location, you're welcomed with bright neon signs and a dense population. I couldn't stop opening the photo mode which has a neat free-roaming camera so you can take screenshots anywhere.

Full gallery (about 60 images): The Ascent

The following game needs no introduction... I'm looking forward to coming back to it and resume where I left off once all DLCs are included in one complete edition in two years from now. Until then, Night City!

Full gallery (50 or so images): Cyberpunk 2077

Those are gorgeous. I'm not familiar with The Ascent but I suddenly definitely want to look into it. I'll join you with some Cyberpunk 2077 ones:

rgpo5PH.jpg

jSvUEpc.jpg

HoaBka8.jpg

xL154RB.jpg

7n20kmc.jpg

3XzSTI7.jpg

kAZIAKH.jpg

RszKEiI.jpg

Those are gorgeous. I'm not familiar with The Ascent but I suddenly definitely want to look into it. I'll join you with some Cyberpunk 2077 ones:

rgpo5PH.jpg

jSvUEpc.jpg

HoaBka8.jpg

xL154RB.jpg

7n20kmc.jpg

3XzSTI7.jpg

kAZIAKH.jpg

RszKEiI.jpg
I love that sniper rifle shot! Reminds me of that night scene in Skyfall.

nwuU9XO.jpg

TdlCeTF.jpg

jhCqTiD.jpg

nt1WqqS.jpg

WTPR5db.jpg
rgOlLsf.jpg

mlrWXUN.jpg

ntOboj6.jpg

QPctbx4.jpg

r7C8Ax.png

r76hDk.png

r76ase.png

r76GZa.png

r76ycQ.png

r76xOM.png

r76wEA.png

gUaxd0.png

gUawi3.png
It's not much, but with no dedicated photo mode, having to hide the UI from the options menu every time I wanted to take screenshots was annoying. Also, couldn't hide Chief's big ass guns. :o It's unfortunate because the game has pretty indoor and outdoor environments.

r7CTW9.png

r7C1Do.png

r7Ct3i.png

r7Crgm.png

r7CZcP.png

r7CIHZ.png

r7C0EK.png

r7Ci5c.png

r7CWv1.png

r7CAVH.png
Beautiful and atmospheric backdrop for a walking simulator.

r7CBNr.png

r7Cq37.png

r7Cdgb.png

r7CVXT.png

r7CQHz.png

r7CJE5.png

r7C6GC.png

r7Ckvv.png

r7CE92.png
The game was clearly made with third-person perspective in mind so some of the indoor shots taken in first-person have a weird perspective that is quite noticeable in corridors, small rooms and whatnots.

nwuU9XO.jpg

TdlCeTF.jpg

jhCqTiD.jpg

nt1WqqS.jpg

WTPR5db.jpg
rgOlLsf.jpg

mlrWXUN.jpg

ntOboj6.jpg

QPctbx4.jpg
That shot of whom I assume is a boss with the long-handle sword is badass. The kind of image I'd gladly put in my desktop wallpaper rotation.

r7C8Ax.png

r76hDk.png

r76ase.png

r76GZa.png

r76ycQ.png

r76xOM.png

r76wEA.png

gUaxd0.png

gUawi3.png
It's not much, but with no dedicated photo mode, having to hide the UI from the options menu every time I wanted to take screenshots was annoying. Also, couldn't hide Chief's big ass guns. :o It's unfortunate because the game has pretty indoor and outdoor environments.

r7CTW9.png

r7C1Do.png

r7Ct3i.png

r7Crgm.png

r7CZcP.png

r7CIHZ.png

r7C0EK.png

r7Ci5c.png

r7CWv1.png

r7CAVH.png
Beautiful and atmospheric backdrop for a walking simulator.

r7CBNr.png

r7Cq37.png

r7Cdgb.png

r7CVXT.png

r7CQHz.png

r7CJE5.png

r7C6GC.png

r7Ckvv.png

r7CE92.png
The game was clearly made with third-person perspective in mind so some of the indoor shots taken in first-person have a weird perspective that is quite noticeable in corridors, small rooms and whatnots.

That shot of whom I assume is a boss with the long-handle sword is badass. The kind of image I'd gladly put in my desktop wallpaper rotation.
Thanks! God, Firewatch has such a gorgeous art style. Always makes me want to pick it up.

Just a few I took this past weekend actually on God Of War.

Great pictures :D

A set from my pre-Forbidden West playthrough of Horizon: Zero Dawn -

I4B3Tc4.jpg

3jmA4Lo.jpg

pfHn3b7.jpg

w9GXnDG.jpg

Pu62ZDi.jpg

KiF00Cy.jpg

vSz33db.jpg

CK7Q9rw.jpg

kvK2YpS.jpg

ouhuQQs.jpg

Thanks! God, Firewatch has such a gorgeous art style. Always makes me want to pick it up.

Great pictures :D

A set from my pre-Forbidden West playthrough of Horizon: Zero Dawn -

I4B3Tc4.jpg

3jmA4Lo.jpg

pfHn3b7.jpg

w9GXnDG.jpg

Pu62ZDi.jpg

KiF00Cy.jpg

vSz33db.jpg

CK7Q9rw.jpg

kvK2YpS.jpg

ouhuQQs.jpg

Those are gorgeous. Can’t wait for Forbidden West this week.

I love these two shots... Very cinematic. :up:

Yeah, beside the visuals, I highly recommend it for the story and characters (voice acting is fantastic). The game is about 4-5 hours long so if the walking sim part of the game bores you, then you can easily breeze through the game since it's pretty straightforward if you don't do any exploration.

I recommend not watching any of the trailers because they reveal some story beats that should be experienced in the game.

Gorgeous stuff there, Broseph. Really love the one with the Thunderjaw :up:

I managed to get my hands on the mythical PS5. Horizon really does look breathtaking on it.
pMytumi.jpg

TwkI4KT.jpg

vGK9w3P.jpg

5cN8M1t.jpg

oN0B4Yl.jpg

hbcggQI.jpg

yKNYtf2.jpg

jYeu7JZ.jpg

Gorgeous stuff there, Broseph. Really love the one with the Thunderjaw :up:

I managed to get my hands on the mythical PS5. Horizon really does look breathtaking on it.
pMytumi.jpg

TwkI4KT.jpg

vGK9w3P.jpg

5cN8M1t.jpg

oN0B4Yl.jpg

hbcggQI.jpg

yKNYtf2.jpg

jYeu7JZ.jpg

Thank you very much yeah I really love the Thunderjaw shot too. Gorgeous pics you have there as well. Congrats on picking up a ps5!

This Horizon: Forbidden West set includes spoilers:

x7Ab1pb.jpg

ynbVM6i.jpg

qlefSzt.jpg
EHGf4G1.jpg
q0ewrpN.jpg

ToPdMIK.jpg

SK8Gd1x.jpg

RWk3Nk4.jpg

mBfcWjR.jpg
JcOfkzN.jpg

I'm brand new to photo mode so don't judge too harshly. :funny: But I tried my hand at a few in Batman: Arkham Knight. The biggest thing I need to do is learn how to play with the focus and stuff more, but there will probably be more to come, wanna try and get some with the other playable characters.

DT7HGOZ.jpg

XqNhZq9.jpg

PJujBgb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"