The Podcast Thread

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
A place to discuss your favorite podcasts. Yes, I hijacked the idea from JewishHobbit.

Right now my faves are the Conan Needs A Friend podcast, How Did This Get Made podcast and The Ron Burgandy podcast. I highly recommend all of them. Marc Marion's WTF pod is great too but I find I need to be jazzed about the guest and how I think the interaction will go with Maron.

Right now my faves are the Conan Needs A Friend podcast, How Did This Get Made podcast and The Ron Burgandy podcast. I highly recommend all of them. Marc Marion's WTF pod is great too but I find I need to be jazzed about the guest and how I think the interaction will go with Maron.
I've heard good things about the Ron Burgundy one. iHeartRadio has one about forensic science. I forgot the name, but I listened to it and it was very interesting.

Comedy:
-Your Moms House
-Joe Rogan
-Monday Morning Podcast(Bill Burr)
-The Uninformed Podcast(Bill Burr and Joe DeRosa)
-Legion of Skanks
-Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank
-Bertcast
-The Doug Stanhope Podcast
-Tigerbelly

Random Entertainment:
-Colin's Last Stand(Knockback)
-Seincast
-Astonishing Legends
-The Arkham Sessions
-The Last Podcast on the Left
-Heist Podcast
-Heist Club
-Sacred Symbols
-Crimetown
-My Favorite Murder
-Sword and Scale
-The Paranormal Podcast
-Nintendo Voice Chat
-The After On Podcast
-Very Bad Wizards

Education/Science/Politics:
-Singularity.FM
-Secular Talk
-The Jimmy Dore Show
-The Majority Report with Sam Seder
-The Michel Brooks Show
-Louder With Crowder
-Star Talk Radio
-The Infinite Monkey Cage
-Get off my Lawn(this is more comedy, but they go over a ton of politics too)
-Talk Nerdy
-Pseudo Intellectual with Lauren Chen
-The Ben Shapiro Show
-Your Welcome(yes, that's the way he spells it. He likes to troll)
-WeThePeopleLive
-Making Sense with Sam Harris
-Noam Chomsky
-Part of the Problem with Dave Smith
-Philosophize This!
-PSA Sitch and Friended
-Think Club
-Quillette
-Quite Frankly

There's probably a few I'm forgetting, but that's my regular rotation.

My brother loves Seth Rogen's podcast.

Joe Rogan
Bill Burr
HDTGM
Bret Easton Ellis Podcast
Tigerbelly

I gotta give Conan's podcast a listen.

We're Alive

Episodic series about a group surviving a zombie apocalypse. Highly recommend it.

Love me my podcasts! The Ralph Report, The SmodCo Podcasts (TESD, Hollywood Babble On, Jay and Silent Bob Get Old, etc.), Team Tiger Awesome, True Crime Garage, Talk Is Jericho, E And C's Pod of Awesomeness, 11 O'Clock Comics, Comic Geek Speak

I also have my own podcast about professional wrestling called Talking Over Wrestling. You can find it on iTunes, Spotify and Google Play. It's essentially a commentary podcast in the styling of Mystery Science Theater 3000. However, not always the case. If you love pro wrestling or love seeing it made fun of. This is the podcast for you!

Currently listening to:

Double Toasted
Desus & Mero
Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend
How Did This Get Made?
Junkfood Cinema
The Bill Simmons Podcast
The Watch
The Big Picture
Digital Noise
WTF Pod w/ Marc Maron
Unspooled
One Of Us Net
Binge Mode
The TV Dudes
Raised by TV
The Rewatchables
The Recappables

Last edited:
I’m listening to a brilliant one at the moment called Gossipmongers. It stars joe Wilkinson and it’s about people sharing the insane rumours they have heard in the places they grew up. It’s hilarious, seriously I’ve almost got in trouble for cackling at work

Comedy:
How Did This Get Made
Your Moms House
The Monday Morning Podcast
Whiskey Ginger
Jeselnik & Rosenthal Vanity Project

Movies:
The Big Picture
Unspooled
The Rewatchables
Blake & Bobby go to the movies
Now Playing

True Crime:
Last Podcast on the Left
In The Dark
Man in the Window
My Favorite Murder
Dr. Death
The Chernobyl Podcast

I've been wanting to do a podcast for a long time...but never have bothered because I'm not a movie expert...no training in film school or anything...I'm just some dude. But...this year in particular there's been some movies that I can honestly say have had a MASSIVE emotional and maybe even life-changing impact on me...so...I'm going to give it a go.

And yeah...it'd be Sci-Fi, Horror and Superheroes...the stuff I watch.

Ah okay I've got a (pretty dead) podcast of my own but it's quite amateur. Posted this in the Endgame thread as well.

Julie Andrews’ is starting a podcast where she reads stories to kids. Great for all the busy parents out there or just anyone who wants a calming voice in their ears

Listening to Office Ladies where Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey rewatch and talk about The Office.

I only have Spotify, not sure how many of the above listed ones are on there, but I've tuned into some of Joe Rogan's, and Kevin Smiths.

Joe has some good guests, but I tend to stick with ones I know like DDP, Brian Cox, Darren Brown, Kevin Hart, WWE's Undertaker etc. I tried to listen to the Elon Musk ones, damn that guy is boring!

There's another one called Taste Buds with Sal from Impractical Jokers too.

Get on iHeart or Spotify and then we'll talk. :o

And are you guys gonna do Bond and Halloween Kills together in one episode?
Not really horror guys but... Working on a Fright Night original/remake compare contrast.

The Halloween films are decidedly not my jam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"