The Political Lounge: Continuing The Pursuit Of Lounginess!

m4YUh.jpg
Rick-Perry.jpg

Hodor
Hodor Hodor
Hodor!

Colbert does it again. This time he takes on David Koch to his face.

Of course, all of us should be honored to be listed on the TIME 100 alongside the two men who will be slugging it out in the fall: President Obama, and the man who would defeat him, David Koch.
Give it up everybody. David Koch.
Little known fact -- David, nice to see you again, sir.
Little known fact, David's brother Charles Koch is actually even more influential. Charles pledged $40 million to defeat President Obama, David only $20 million. That's kind of cheap, Dave.
Sure, he's all for buying the elections, but when the bill for democracy comes up, Dave's always in the men's room. I'm sorry, I must have left Wisconsin in my other coat.
I was particularly excited to meet David Koch earlier tonight because I have a Super PAC, Colbert Super PAC, and I am -- thank you, thank you -- and I am happy to announce Mr. Koch has pledged $5 million to my Super PAC. And the great thing is, thanks to federal election law, there's no way for you to ever know whether that's a joke.
By the way, if David Koch likes his waiter tonight, he will be your next congressman.

I need to have a brief rant. My co-worker is a Birther who is totally against Obamacare. I think the Birther thing is idiotic, but whatever. She has her opinions on the Affordable Care Act and that's fine but I cant help but see hypocrisy that she is pregnant with her 6th child (she has two from a previous relationship, her fiance has two and they have two together) and is on food stamps. Obamacare is going to ruin us financially but a half dozen kids while living off the government is okay?

I'm sorry but I have a hard time not telling her the irony of the situation.

Sort of same but different

http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/ida...llett-skewered-having-10-children-on-medicaid

Idaho tea party candidate Collett skewered for having 10 children on Medicaid (update)

Greg Collett, a two-time GOP legislative candidate in Canyon County, is defending enrolling his 10 children in taxpayer-funded Medicaid while he declines to buy his own insurance under the Affordable Care Act. Eight of the children were adopted, seven from foster care. The two youngest were born to Collett and his wife, Kelly.

Collett got 25 percent of the vote in the 2010 Republican Senate primary against then-Sen. John McGee and 34 percent in 2012 against Rep. Gayle Batt, R-Wilder.

He is featured in an Oct. 4 NBC News story, “Health care holdouts: Uninsured but resisting,” telling the network, “I don’t think that the government should be involved in health care or health insurance.”

Collett, 41, told NBC’s Maggie Fox he would rather pay the fine for not complying with the insurance mandate in the new law — $95 the first year — than sign up, but may ultimately buy insurance if it “makes financial sense.”

A self-employed software developer, Collett acknowledged that having his children get health coverage under the program for low-income people would draw criticism.

“There are a lot of people out there that’ll cry foul,” Collett told NBC.

I need to have a brief rant. My co-worker is a Birther who is totally against Obamacare. I think the Birther thing is idiotic, but whatever. She has her opinions on the Affordable Care Act and that's fine but I cant help but see hypocrisy that she is pregnant with her 6th child (she has two from a previous relationship, her fiance has two and they have two together) and is on food stamps. Obamacare is going to ruin us financially but a half dozen kids while living off the government is okay?

I'm sorry but I have a hard time not telling her the irony of the situation.

...sounds to me like she's one of those people who use their children as their source of income. (My neighbor is also one of those people.) It's incredibly ironic that she would openly bash a system that she is clearly taking advantage of.

Yeah, that was the problem I was having with a lot of the Occupy Wall Street people. Very few that I heard had any clue what they were fighting for, against, whatever....

I don't mind people Tea Party, OWS, whoever has a gripe to speak out against the government, it is one of the things that makes us different from many, many other Republics out there that would throw these people in prison. But, it is very irritating to hear/read people's rants that rant to just to hear themselves, or rant over things that truly are just ridiculous like birthers etc. I respect their right to rant, but doesn't mean that I have to listen or read it.

The gossip says each of her kids is from a different man. We do know that one of her fiance's kids is autistic. At what point does a person need to say "We have enough children?"

Looks like the Whigs are back

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/07/robert-heshy-bucholz-whig_n_4234648.html

Robert 'Heshy' Bucholz Makes Whig Party History In Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA -- PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Democratic bastion of Philadelphia has elected a Whig to public office.

Voters chose Robert "Heshy" Bucholz (BUCK'-holtz), a member of the Modern Whig party, to be an election judge in the Rhawnhurst section of the city.

Bucholz believes he may be the first Whig to win at the ballot box in Philadelphia in nearly 160 years. Democrats presently outnumber Republicans by a more than 6-to-1 margin in Philadelphia.

Bucholz beat his Democratic opponent 36-24 on Tuesday. As election judge, he's responsible for overseeing equipment and procedures at the polls.

Bucholz told The Associated Press on Thursday that Whigs represent a sensible middle path between Democrats and Republicans.

Four U.S. presidents have been Whigs. The party largely disappeared in the 20th century, but was revived in 2007.

The Whig party was revived back in 2007? :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"