The Political Lounge: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Lounginess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone want to talk about the FairTax?

Hey, it's the lounge, I'm just advertising. Good job on starting a lounge. I love the idea of it. I anticipate a much more mature lounge than any other on the Hype!.

What does everyone think about the Judges making "activist rulings"? I agree with the recent ruling in California, but do you think that proves this country is not a democracy? I mean, most people voted for the Gay Marriage Ban, but the side of Freedom won there.

Hey, it's the lounge, I'm just advertising. Good job on starting a lounge. I love the idea of it. I anticipate a much more mature lounge than any other on the Hype!.

What does everyone think about the Judges making "activist rulings"? I agree with the recent ruling in California, but do you think that proves this country is not a democracy? I mean, most people voted for the Gay Marriage Ban, but the side of Freedom won there.

I would only consider a judge an "activist" if they create law out of thin air or on shaky legal grounds to fit their own personal beliefs on what the law should be. I'm not for gay marriage, but if this ban violated the California Constitution, then it deserved to be overturned. I consider what the Supreme Court did in Kelo v. City of New London to be an activist ruling--I still don't understand how they could have ruled that way.

If I had to define it for most people, though, I would tend to believe that "an activist judge is someone who makes a ruling I don't like." :woot:

The Libertarian in me says that people should be free to do anything, ANYTHING, they want without any form of Government intervention until it harms any other person, physically or financially, through force or fraud or neglect. If two gay guys want to be married, it doesn't take away from my rights as an individual at all. It doesn't affect my relationship with any one, and will not affect a single thing inside my home. What it does do, is insure that if I want to do something in my home, whatever I want it to be within reason, I will not be forced by Government to stop. I see the overturning of the Ban a win for Freedom, and a win for the Rule of Law.

And to answer Marx, I try to say FairTax ATLEAST twice per thread. That's two. :)

The Libertarian in me says that people should be free to do anything, ANYTHING, they want without any form of Government intervention until it harms any other person, physically or financially, through force or fraud or neglect. If two gay guys want to be married, it doesn't take away from my rights as an individual at all. It doesn't affect my relationship with any one, and will not affect a single thing inside my home. What it does do, is insure that if I want to do something in my home, whatever I want it to be within reason, I will not be forced by Government to stop. I see the overturning of the Ban a win for Freedom, and a win for the Rule of Law.

And to answer Marx, I try to say FairTax ATLEAST twice per thread. That's two. :)

I've noticed. :cwink:

It's called Advertising, man. I just getting the word out. It's like an easter egg hunt every day, "Find where SuBe put the F word" Game.

SB dropping the F bomb

32_21.jpg

CNN is reporting BREAKING NEWS that Senator Ted Kennedy has been admitted to a hospital in Cape Cod due to "stroke-like" symptoms. It is also being reported that he was air-lifted to the hospital. :csad:

Apparently it was a seizure, not a stroke, according to a recent update on CNN.

If I had to define it for most people, though, I would tend to believe that "an activist judge is someone who makes a ruling I don't like." :woot:

That really does seem to be the definition of an "activist judge." Even the most die-hard, old school conservative probably won't mind an activist judge if they judge in his favor. :o

CNN is reporting BREAKING NEWS that Senator Ted Kennedy has been admitted to a hospital in Cape Cod due to "stroke-like" symptoms. It is also being reported that he was air-lifted to the hospital. :csad:

Apparently it was a seizure, not a stroke, according to a recent update on CNN.

I truthfully trying to find the proper sympathy for a man I have so little respect for - politics aside, his handling of Chappaquiddick has forever ruined his image in my mind.

I truthfully trying to find the proper sympathy for a man I have so little respect for - politics aside, his handling of Chappaquiddick has forever ruined his image in my mind.

I don't blame you. I'll probably be in the same situation when Bush and Cheney near death. Not to mention countless others.

No one can blame you for that Norm. As Jman said, I would probably be the same way if it were certain other politicians.

Senator Kennedy did apparently suffer a seizure this morning, not a stroke. The doctor says that he is in "no immediate danger."

"He is undergoing a battery of tests at Massachusetts General Hospital to determine the cause of the seizure. Sen. Kennedy is resting comfortably, and it is unlikely we will know anything more for the next 48 hours," a statement from his office said.

For the full article, click below.
Ted Kennedy hospitalized after seizure
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/17/kennedy.hospital/index.html

Yeah, he's no where near as effective a leader as Robert or even John--from what I've seen, the only people he's really effected was his dates. :grin:

I almost didn't want to do that joke, but he only had a siezure, so f**k it. :o

Yeah, he's no where near as effective a leader as Robert or even John--from what I've seen, the only people he's really effected was his dates. :grin:

I almost didn't want to do that joke, but he only had a siezure, so f**k it. :o

So considerate JRK :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija