The Political Lounge: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Lounginess

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people have their work properly copyrighted and protected, there is nothing to be worried about....

This bill violates the Berne treaty and the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property(The TRIP Agreement)
Creators would become powerless to stop unauthorized use of their work.It could also void existing contracts between the artist and their clients.

This bill violates the Berne treaty and the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property(The TRIP Agreement)
Creators would become powerless to stop unauthorized use of their work.It could also void existing contracts between the artist and their clients.

Here is the bajillion dollar question....Why is it getting fast tracked? Treaties and agreements can be overturned or repealed....nothing says they are permanent....

This is about the Word of Law....if the law changes to allow it, then is it really violating anything?

Try not to be too heart broken guys, but ol' Cell Slim's time on the Hype has expired. I feel like this is an appropriate send-off for the man who used to end every one of his posts with a picture of Captain America:

60965-captain-america_400.jpg

I'm gone for a day and come back to find that you all have fired Slim? This is quite the turn of events. :ninja:

Yeah, so, I got accused of being anti-gay in the 'Heath Ledger' thread on the TDK boards... apparently, because I disagree with the way the 'tent scene' was executed in 'Brokeback Mountain,' homosexuality goes against my values...

Yeah, so, I got accused of being anti-gay in the 'Heath Ledger' thread on the TDK boards... apparently, because I disagree with the way the 'tent scene' was executed in 'Brokeback Mountain,' homosexuality goes against my values...

I just stood back and watched it all. :ninja:

I'm now a self-hating homosexual... I had to bring out the ridiculously large font to try to prove a point...

I'm now a self-hating homosexual... I had to bring out the ridiculously large font to try to prove a point...

I'm sure you'll cope with that newly found factoid about yourself. :cwink:

I'm sure you'll cope with that newly found factoid about yourself. :cwink:

Seriously.

I don't have many pleasant encounters in the TDK boards. I disagree with the idolization of Heath Ledger, can't stand the bickering over who posted what first, can't take another 'teh jokerz needs to be bleched lolz!1!!' thread... that's why the politics board is my home :heart:

I stay out of the Bat-forums...the nerd juice taints everything up in there....

Well, keep in mind, these are the same people who compared Heath Ledger's death to President Kennedy's. Said how their lives would never be the same because a man they never knew died and also claimed to have cried for days. They're not exactly a rational bunch.

what if IKYN guy died???

Well, thats a bit different being as IKYN guy has touched the hearts of an entire generation. What did Heath Ledger really do? A Knight's Tale? Not exactly high art. :oldrazz:

Well, thats a bit different being as IKYN guy has touched the hearts of an entire generation. What did Heath Ledger really do? A Knight's Tale? Not exactly high art. :oldrazz:

No, see, Heath Ledger managed to bring gay rights to America with his captivating and all-too-accurate portrayal of homosexuality in the rural west. He moved an entire generation, helped start pro-gay riots all across the country, and his performance caused politicians to change their minds about homosexuality in America. Because of Heath Ledger, we can now marry in Massachusetts, and his death caused the California Supreme Court to re-evaluate its stance on gay marriage. He's a true hero.

:oldrazz:

:lmao: The sad part is, I'm guessing that is not too far off from how Batfans think. The even worse part is, were it not for him playing the Joker, they would be lined up to make stupid Brokeback Mountain jokes regarding his death.

:lmao: The sad part is, I'm guessing that is not too far off from how Batfans think. The even worse part is, were it not for him playing the Joker, they would be lined up to make stupid Brokeback Mountain jokes regarding his death.

The funny thing is, the rest of the world has pretty much forgotten about his death. And after The Dark Knight is released, people off these forums will truly forget him. That's why I don't understand why people are calling him the "James Dean" of our generation.

Sometimes the batboards scare me...

So, I thought I'd inform you all that I will be away from the forum a lot in the coming months, as I will be doing some traveling out West.

From May 30 (this Friday) through June 6, I will be in Phoenix, AZ, saying goodbye to a friend before she heads to Israel for a year.

From June 23 until July 27, I will be in the middle of New Mexico's desert, doing a really kooky "team building" program... but I get paid for it, so it will be worth it...

So, that's why I'll be gone. Since I'll be in the middle of the damn desert (kind of) in July, I don't expect to get access to the internet all that much... but I do get Saturdays off, and I will probably trek into Albuquerque as we are about an hour and a half away from the city, so if I do manage to get access to the internet, I'll try to pop in... I'm not taking my laptop with me to AZ either, so you'll have to survive without me next week.

well Jman have a good trip.....its hot in the desert so stock up on sunblock and bottled water

well Jman have a good trip.....its hot in the desert so stock up on sunblock and bottled water

I will do that... it's a "pseudo-desert" experience, though, considering most of our activities will be held in air conditioned buildings... though there is a two-day "hiking adventure" I'm not looking forward to at all...

It's the TDK forums. I'm a big Batman fan and awaiting the movie and I still only go there when necessary, bringing the internetal equivilant of smoke grenades and a flamethrower with me.

So, I thought I'd inform you all that I will be away from the forum a lot in the coming months, as I will be doing some traveling out West.

From May 30 (this Friday) through June 6, I will be in Phoenix, AZ, saying goodbye to a friend before she heads to Israel for a year.

From June 23 until July 27, I will be in the middle of New Mexico's desert, doing a really kooky "team building" program... but I get paid for it, so it will be worth it...

So, that's why I'll be gone. Since I'll be in the middle of the damn desert (kind of) in July, I don't expect to get access to the internet all that much... but I do get Saturdays off, and I will probably trek into Albuquerque as we are about an hour and a half away from the city, so if I do manage to get access to the internet, I'll try to pop in... I'm not taking my laptop with me to AZ either, so you'll have to survive without me next week.

[Lumbergh]Ummmmmmmm, yeah, while you're down there, will you fix that immigration thing? Thanks.[/Lumbergh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"