The Political Satire & Cartoon Thread II - Part 2

Sounds like Maher did something stupid again.

Let me guess... "Being mean to the demented and vicious is just going to FORCE them to be even more demented and vicious" or some such BS he's been trying to push because he is the originator of the Contrarian Iconaclast Pose?

Let me guess... "Being mean to the demented and vicious is just going to FORCE them to be even more demented and vicious" or some such BS he's been trying to push because he is the originator of the Contrarian Iconaclast Pose?

I haven't seen the episode yet but one of the sites linked here had an article about his first guests who push the "Chinese virus that was made in a lab" story and Bill seems to think it's ok to call it that, using the Spanish Flu as a comparison. So he went full Maher.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the episode yet but one os the sites linked here had an article about his first guests who push the "Chinese virus that was made in a lab" story and Bill seems to think it's ok to call it that, using the Spanish Flu as a comparison. So he went full Maher.

The hills some choose to die on will always baffle me.

Intentions matter. We all know why they call it "Chinese" and what they hope to accomplish and imply when they do so. Bill IS smarter than that but... *******s gonna *******.

The hills some choose to die on will always baffle me.

Intentions matter. We all know why they call it "Chinese" and what they hope to accomplish and imply when they do so. Bill IS smarter than that but... *******s gonna *******.

Yeah. I mean I like the show's concept and overall very much but Maher sometimes goes too far into a "I'm the right kind of liberal and I know better than you" mode and then says something really stupid. Anti-vaccine talk etc.

I really would like if he got someone from the Nordic countries to explain him what social democracies are actually like, so he'd get some semblance on where people like AOC and Sanders would place there politically. Hint: it's not left.

Vh2Fluc.png

I see that SNL completely ignored Trump's last day or the inauguration or any of the first week of Biden and just went onto doing sketches about GameStop instead.

xCVmLoA.jpg

You don't have to "love" AOC or even agree with her... But she's based her politics on reality. Her policy on reality. And it's in good faith. She's not posing or preening or projecting something that is completely false or that she is aware is false.

One "extreme" says "We need to fight harder for Medicare For All" and the supposed flip of the coin says "We need to fight harder against the secret Pedo conspiracy that is using the blood of children to extend their lives".

This isn't equivalent and those out there on the fence reading this KNOW this in their heart of hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"