The Political Satire & Cartoon Thread II - Part 2

kqUeh49.png

But two weeks ago every Republican asshat was faking sympathy for Afghanis because they just cared so very much, gosh darnit.

kvTIoo3.jpeg

Don't wanna be thought of as morons Florida?

Kick your current Gov. to the curb.

George Will was a panelist on Real Time again. Probably polar opposite of myself politically but someone I could definitely have an intelligent debate on the issues. I know I would not feel insulted intellectually by talking with him.

I was a fan of Will's and used to watch him every Sunday morning on This Week. He was the epitome of the time when Republicans were thought to be the adults in the room in comparison to the hippie democrats. Even though there was plenty of awfulness in the GOP platform during his heyday there was some intelligent folks within the ranks. Its been a steep fall to nowadays when they are the party of imbeciles.

I was a fan of Will's and used to watch him every Sunday morning on This Week. He was the epitome of the time when Republicans were thought to be the adults in the room in comparison to the hippie democrats. Even though there was plenty of awfulness in the GOP platform during his heyday there was some intelligent folks within the ranks. Its been a steep fall to nowadays when they are the party of imbeciles.

I think he's also made it clear on Real Time how much he hates the current GOP. At least during the Trump administration. This week's Real Time didn't focus on that much.

George Will was a panelist on Real Time again. Probably polar opposite of myself politically but someone I could definitely have an intelligent debate on the issues. I know I would not feel insulted intellectually by talking with him.

I have a view that, after reading him for years since I was a teen, that he and many other Never Trumper Conservative voices would absolutely be insulting my intelligence in a conversation.

And the smoke screen of the GOP as being responsible in comparison to the Dems was just that, a smokescreen to appeal to provincial Americans scared about any change to their 1950's TV sitcom view of what America is supposed to be.

Will and his ilk in the Conservative intelligencia for at least since Reagan kept pushing the GOP and all Conservative Evangelical Libertarians in the populace further Right, further to the extreme and further from reality. They just did it in a more "polite" way that didn't offend a certain sensibility about public decorum but they still spent decades implying an inevitable road to "serfdom" or total collapse of American society if even the mildest of Liberal policy was enacted. He and his colleagues pushed this narrative for a long time and after getting a whole swath of Americans into a frenzy believing that any and all actions by the Federal government was akin to Stalinist Russia he and they all act surprised there's so many intransigent people with extreme views on everything while not copping one iota as to how they greatly contributed to this being so.

George Will is a very educated man... And his head has been up his ass for 40 years and now he wants to pretend he's got zero responsibility in bringing a threat to the safety and stability to the Republic he claims to love so much to life.

Those celebrities going maskless really was stupid, and they should be harangued for it. Especially given the political climate surrounding covid safety measures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"