The Political Satire & Cartoon Thread II - Part 2

Upq7rCC.jpg

You make a great point. It makes absolutely no sense for the Democrats to look into allegations that the president tacitly allowed an enemy nation with whom he has financial interests to conspire with a terrorist organization to kill our servicemen. I mean, what a stupid thing to waste your time on, right?

You make a great point. It makes absolutely no sense for the Democrats to look into allegations that the president tacitly allowed an enemy nation with whom he has financial interests to conspire with a terrorist organization to kill our servicemen. I mean, what a stupid thing to waste your time on, right?

Why would the Taliban need "Russian bounties" as motivation to attack a foreign army occupying their country? They seemed to have no problem doing that on their own for 19 years. Also, the U.S. funded the forces that became the Taliban in the 1980s to kill 14,000 Soviet soldiers.

You want to ramp up tensions with a nuclear-armed power? You're going to have to do better than a NYT article based entirely on unproven claims by anonymous officials. Maybe the Democrats could focus on something like, I don't know, helping the millions of Americans who will be facing evictions next month, or supporting public health care in the middle of a pandemic.

Or they could keep blaming Putin as their eternal bogeyman and keep needlessly ratcheting up tensions with a nuclear power. I guess you're fine with that. But more and more people are rising up against these two capitalist parties that offer nothing but endless war, austerity, disease and death.

Why would the Taliban need "Russian bounties" as motivation to attack a foreign army occupying their country? They seemed to have no problem doing that on their own for 19 years. Also, the U.S. funded the forces that became the Taliban in the 1980s to kill 14,000 Soviet soldiers.

You want to ramp up tensions with a nuclear-armed power? You're going to have to do better than a NYT article based entirely on unproven claims by anonymous officials. Maybe the Democrats could focus on something like, I don't know, helping the millions of Americans who will be facing evictions next month, or supporting public health care in the middle of a pandemic.

Or they could keep blaming Putin as their eternal bogeyman and keep needlessly ratcheting up tensions with a nuclear power. I guess you're fine with that. But more and more people are rising up against these two capitalist parties that offer nothing but endless war, austerity, disease and death.
Not trying to get in this particular debate, but do you believe Donald Trump is or has been influenced or affiliated in any way to Russia, particularly Putin?

This is incredibly blinkered and myopic thinking on the subject.

It's not even good on a practical political level.

And yes... It sounds very much like the lines we heard from many corners during the 2016 campaign from a fair number of Progressives online that no matter the intention comes off like a defense of Putin and Trump.

It's a big deal.

I don't know why certain Progressives don't want to understand the MONUMENTAL issue with having a POTUS that is likely thoroughly compromised by Putin and his mafia state. That the CIA did MK Ultra, that the U.S. government gave their blessings to the Chilean coup of 9/11/74, that the U.S. backed Right Wing Reactionary militias in Nicaraugua... Whatever sin you want to lay at the nation's feet... FINE.

None of that changes the threat a compromised POTUS would (AND I WOULD ARGUE HAS) have on the country. If a foreign power could influence us enough to place a total incompetent it might very well end up with American citizens dying. And this would all been under the conception that this foreign power used it's military intel to support said incompetent Cheif Executive once before and would do it again.

But... Caring about that would be CRAZY!

I mean... It's not like hundreds of thousands of us are gonna die because of all this now, right?

On a personal note... Here's the irrational reasons behind looking to keep Americans aware of how connected to Putin's Russia Trump has always been... I'm tired of being called unpatriotic, Anti-American, Siding with the Terrorists and all the other disingenuous bull**** Conservatives/Republicans have thrown at anyone that doesn't tow their party's line. It was always a (effective) low blow. My dad was drafted and served in the U.S. Army during theVietnam War. Crazily, the day he was drafted his father cried tears of joy. As Puerto Ricans we have a weid relationship with the mainland. All citizens but... Not quite officially Americans. Getting to put on the uniform of your nations? Well... To the eyes of my grandfather that meant you were IN. You were sewed up into the tapestry of the United States. My father served, thankfully was never sent to fight despite being in the 101st Airborne, and after him his brother Richie served in the Army during the late 1970's as an aircraft mechanic. On my mother's side my uncle Louis served in the Air Force, and my cousin Steven due to my dad's influence joined the Army and rose to the height of Ranger.

Yet... The cudgel of being Anti-Troop/Anti-American has been used against those like me for decades... Despite it obviously being bull****. And for those that have been paying attention, both the families of service members and many current and former active duty personel, a POTUS that has done nothing to rebuke Russians attempting to kill Americans via Taliban proxies is an affront to them on a very deep level. And that is not an inconsiderate sum of people.

If one could break the back of the Republican brand of having a monopoly on patriotism and open people's eyes as to how very, very hollow and dangerous to the nation the GOP's narrative about anyone to the left of them's loyalty to the country and her soldiers that can be nothing but good news for any Left of Center cause for the future in the U.S.

And it would feel REALLY good to make those ****ers choke on their own bull****.

So... I think it's a much more important issue than some on the Left do, and for the life of me cannot fathom the argument that it is given outsized importance given how inherently important a president beholden to foreign power is, and no... This is not like anything else you can try to compare it to from history.

P.S.

The idea that this makes no sense because the Talibn already have enough reason to fight Americans is missing an important detail we all should be aware of right now... For all of Putin's thuggish cunning, he's a petty, petty individual. He's Trump with a pair of balls and the undoubted history of probably actually killing someone with his bare hands. Have you seen the absolute insanity of the Russian foreign policy of the last 25 years? It's cold blooded. It's ruthless... But it does nothing of import for Russia in the long run. Putin could have put his talent into turning his country into something better but instead he would rather troll the world and is gunning for Russia to win the Saddest ****ing Nation On Planet Earth contest.

The execution of Putin's plans is always logical... But the premises behind them? Pure nationalist irrationality. Why would Putin do something like pay the Taliban to kill Americans? Have you read any of the stories about him? Vlad is a petty *******. There's your reason. And he's a petty ******* that knows he can get away with it for some reason with THIS president in particular.

Not trying to get in this particular debate, but do you believe Donald Trump is or has been influenced or affiliated in any way to Russia, particularly Putin?
Dude. I come here for the cartoons! Argue in the Russia thread!

but I will just say that Democratic congressman are pretty educated people. I think they can multitask.

Dude. I come here for the cartoons! Argue in the Russia thread!

but I will just say that Democratic congressman are pretty educated people. I think they can multitask.
Calm Guurl. We cool just thought this was going to become one is all. Chillax home fry.

Lol. I hit reply to the wrong post! I meant to reply to the post you replied to.
We Kool in the Gang
Peace baby. But don't think I'm still coming for Gucci Mane's ass. I was here first OG Libber Knockers they called me.

If I have anything more to say about Russia, I'll say it in the Russia thread. Might post there later tonight in response to the comments above.

Back to the main point of the thread: here's another cartoon.
FB_IMG_1594434425964.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"