The Positive Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie Lumpkin

Trophy Husband
Reaction score
Okay. Let's see how this works. I'm trying to create this thread so people with positive comments can post them here. I would ask, respectfully, that those with negative comments refrain from posting them here. Let's also please avoid discussion of the rights reverting to Marvel. This should be about Fox and their effort.

And I would ask those posting positive comments to simply ignore any negative comments designed to get an argument going.

We're all mature people, right? We shouldn't need the mods to get involved, should we?

I probably won't be posting much in here because I'm not real thrilled with how things are going, but I think those who are should have a special place.

I'll start: Kate Mara was pretty good in House of Cards.

Have at it.

Last edited:
I will say Kate Mara is a good choice. She has a really good look and presence, and I have confidence she can bring a lot of personality to Sue Storm, who has been written a little bland at times in the comics. The only thing I've really seen her in is Zoom, unfortunately, but even there, her performance was easily the most memorable thing about that garbage, and I'm glad that she's getting some decent material now (though I'm still undecided on this particular movie). Also, she's the oldest of the four at 31, so she's able to bring Sue's maternal nature to the whole family dynamic (meaning I can totally see her breaking up a fight between Ben and Johnny, or encouraging the team at a crucial moment. She kind of has a Mrs. Incredible quality to her, if that makes any sense).

I also like Bell as the Thing. He wouldn't have been my first choice, but he has had experience with voice-acting and mocap, as well as sci-fi/action movies (he was easily the best thing about Jumper), and he can play a pretty good badass too. If he gets some good voice direction and works on his New York accent, I can totally see him owning this role.

Jordan is...an odd choice, but the race thing doesn't really bother me as long as he "flames on" on occasionally, and most of Jordan's roles have been brash, angry young men anyway, so he can definitely pull off Johnny Storm's personality.

Teller is the only one that kind of bothers me, mainly because of his persona (lookswise I think he's close enough to Reed), but I'm a little more confident in him after seeing some of his scenes in The Spectacular Now, particularly towards the end when his character starts becoming more mature. I'm guessing he'll play Reed somewhere along those lines, which makes me feel a little better. As an actor who was serious enough about Divergent to Instagram a picture of himself reading the source book, I don't think he would be careless enough to play Reed like his Awkward Moment character.

So I like the main cast, and all four choices for Doom look promising (Kebbell and Riley in particular would kick ass). The production troubles have me a little worried, but I'm hoping they can overcome them and make this an awesome movie.

I like MBJ!! Not the most for Johnny Storm but thats "My man, Fifty Grand" regardless. Great actor and I hope his agent gets him a decent payday if this goes through

Well, uh... I like... the key grip. He's worked on several decent flicks in the past.

I like the director, Josh Trank, because he made one of my favorite movies: Chronicle. :yay:

i like the entire cast and i can't wait to see who they use as the first villain. my bet would be Moleman. but i could also imagine Diablo showing up. it's too bad that they can't use the skrulls (or can they?).

I like Donut.

*for the record, this sub forum's starting to feel like the Bleeding Cool forums with their DC Positive/Not-So Positive threads

i like the entire cast and i can't wait to see who they use as the first villain. my bet would be Moleman. but i could also imagine Diablo showing up. it's too bad that they can't use the skrulls (or can they?).

I read somewhere that they can use Super-Skrull...but that is it.

I like Donut.

*for the record, this sub forum's starting to feel like the Bleeding Cool forums with their DC Positive/Not-So Positive threads

I like donuts too, but they're not the most healthy food.

I like Sharpay Doom.

I read somewhere that they can use Super-Skrull...but that is it.

weird. but i guess it's something to work with. they just change the name of the shape-shifting alien race (like the Avengers did w/ the Chitauri). i do think that they could link their powers to the Negative Zone; allowing for Annihilus' introduction.

weird. but i guess it's something to work with. they just change the name of the shape-shifting alien race (like the Avengers did w/ the Chitauri). i do think that they could link their powers to the Negative Zone; allowing for Annihilus' introduction.
That has been the dream scenario for many.

breaching the negative zone is also a good way to gain the attention of someone like Doom or maybe a tweaked Frightful Four (probably not named that). my idea would be them being a Gideon Trust-funded team of mercenaries (led by Bentley Wittman) hired to explore the Negative Zone for anything profitable; probably saved for the second movie.

http://imageshack.us/a/img27/3553/pqic.jpg
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix6/gideontrustff.htm

maybe Doom would be kind of behind the scenes in both movies; saved for the 3rd or 4th, if they are really bold.

Last edited:
I like MBJ, been a big fan since "The Wire".
"Chronicle" was a decent movie and seriously IMO was the last found-footage type of movie that was any good. Hell, I'll go as far and say it's one of the better movies in the found-footage genre period.
The idea of using the Negative Zone is overdue. That can bring in fans I believe.

Herpes kills. Good thing I don't have it. :up:

Josh Trank is a successful sci fi director, which more then you say for Tim Story.

I like the entire cast so far. Miles Teller and Jamie Bell are somewhat non-traditional choices for Reed and Ben, but they're both great actors and I'm a sucker for stories about how a beloved character became the icon we're all familiar with over stories where they start out that way, so I'm genuinely excited to see what they do with a younger take on those characters.

I'd love to see Blastaar or Annhilus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back