Infinity War The powers of the Gauntlet

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
I just rewatched Infinity War tonight in preparation for Endgame. I have no idea if this has been mentioned before, so I apologize, but I noticed that they used the gauntlet and its powers surprisingly consistently.

I'll start with the Reality Stone because it might be the hardest to explain. It was whatever they felt like doing but the effects at least seemed temporary. The rest were pretty clear:

The Mind Stone and Soul Stone were never used individually, to my knowledge.

The Time Stone was only used at the end. It was green and it also had the same effect they used in the Doctor Strange movie. As an aside, it's noteworthy that Doctor Strange used it to look at all the futures, which was the most like the Eye of Agamotto it's been so far.

The Space Stone was used for the teleportation effect, which created a blue portal. It was also used every time Thanos moved a person forward and backwards because there was a blue effect. Likewise, when Thanos moved someone and phased them through rock (I can't recall who off the top of my head), there was a blue effect as well, suggesting that he was teleporting them.

The Power Stone was purple in effect. It was predominantly used to smash things. The Asgardian spaceship was detonated with the Power Stone. Likewise, the moon was covered in purple energy and disintegrated before coming to Titan, which was also the Power Stone. This is consistent with how Ronan was going to use it in the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie so there's a nice bit of continuity there. He also used it as an energy weapon - using it to hit other people with purple energy beams. Just as importantly, it never gave him superstrength and the stone did not glow whenever he was using strength. This means he did not rely on the Power Stone when he fought the Hulk.

Just thought I would share my thoughts. Hopefully this hasn't been talked to death already. Looking forward to Endgame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"