The President Obama Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippie_hunter

The King is Back!
Reaction score
Honestly, I do think that he didn't know anything about it. Still doesn't change the fact that he's doing a bad job at handling it.

Jon Stewart ripped the President a new one on his always comment of.....

I also thought this was a weird answer....didn't really answer the question.

Asked if he could ensure the public that no one in the White House knew about the IRS's actions before the White House counsel's office learned of a Treasury inspector general (IG) report in April, Obama said he “certainly did not know anything about” the scandal before reading news reports.

"I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the IG report before the IG report had been leaked through press," Obama said at a soggy Rose Garden press conference where he sought to battle back against a trio of controversies dogging his administration.

Just a weird exchange to me...

The only way this could get worse is if Mr. Obama decides to sleep with Monica Lewinski.

Well, honestly the IRS and AP thing, I can see that those have others that could/and should be held accountable...the Benghazi thing, I haven't made up my mind on that one...

But the fact that he keeps saying..."I found out on the news when you found out...." and other versions of that same story, scares the hell out of me.

Well, honestly the IRS and AP thing, I can see that those have others that could/and should be held accountable...the Benghazi thing, I haven't made up my mind on that one...

But the fact that he keeps saying..."I found out on the news when you found out...." and other versions of that same story, scares the hell out of me.

Yeah, it is kinda scary that people under the President do things behind his back. Especially when that person was appointed by the previous President.

So, at worst, he's lying, at best, he has no clue what's going on around him.

Better to be perceived as incompetent than corrupt, I think.

Worked for Bush and Grant.

This is how I look at them

IRS is an IRS scandal. I could be wrong here(so if they can prove it then I will change my mind) but I believe their is enough separation from the President and the IRS(it's not like any President stands over them and tells them how to do their job basically and they off doing their own thing). This won't stop the Republicans from trying to tie it to Obama but simple fact is the IRS is an organization whose job is basically to find tax cheats and while I understand it's wrong to target any specific group, I look at it more like a case of people trying to find the easy way to find a tax cheat(say like a police officer who basically parks in a speed trap to try find people speeding). I am guessing the thinking behind going after Tea Party groups was just so many were popping up(compared to other type of 501(C)4s) that they just felt it would be the easiest to find the cheats that way(ironically the only group they denied access to was a liberal one by the way). Personally I wish the IRS would go after ALL "social welfare" groups with a fine tooth comb personally, especially the big boys like Crossroads GPS, Koch Brother groups or even the one Bill Maher gave cash to. Those all are obviously not "social welfare" groups

I think I am fairly clear how I feel that the way Benghazi hearings are done are a complete joke. It is almost comical how the Republicans/Fox news are trying to turn this into a scandal.

Which then brings me to the AP scandal. To me this is the one that bugs me. It's scary that the government has the ability to do something like this and whether it's legal or not it's not something the Government should be doing. Unlike the IRS I don't think Obama can get off scott free saying "well I am not that involved with the Justice Department". As part of his job he should have close relationships with the Justice Department and a good idea of any major things they involved in.

The new (only in the right wing world) Scandal is Obama got Marines to hold an Umbrella for him and the Turkish Prime Minister, my feeling on this is it really doesn't do any favors to the above things trying to gain credibility

8x6hwk.jpg

But the current Treasury Secretary knew about this for a year, this goes beyond the IRS into actual members of the Administration.

But the current Treasury Secretary knew about this for a year, this goes beyond the IRS into actual members of the Administration.

That's where this gets hairy....and its the same with the other 2, who knew, and when.

And the fact that the President doesn't seem to know anything about what is going on in his administration, makes me pause a little...

Although it's the fringes of the right who are pushing Umbrellagate, it just amazes me that they have 2 legit scandals, 1 non-scandal that is getting way more play then it deserves and yet they still have to find the most mundane of things to complain about.

Love this tweet by Sarah Palin

Mr. President, when it rains it pours, but most Americans hold their own umbrellas. Today in... http://fb.me/zAZryzjj

ok8xok.jpg

Who the **** cares if someone holds an umbrella for them... I don't.

Are you ****ing kidding me? There are people making a big deal about this umbrella ****? Unbelievable.

I have tons of Conservative and Right Wing friends on facebook....I haven't seen anyone with problems about it. This was the first I had heard anything, and I didn't see a source with it.

I have tons of Conservative and Right Wing friends on facebook....I haven't seen anyone with problems about it. This was the first I had heard anything, and I didn't see a source with it.

As I said it's an issue with people on the very fringe on the right. I don't think anybody with any ounce of wanting to remain respectable will touch it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/16/Obama-Calls-In-the-Marines

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/05/17/the-internet-has-spoken-obama-can-hold-his-own-umbrella/

It's like the bowing thing. It's silly, but I don't see the big deal.

You could find pictures of practically anyone having someone hold an umbrella for them, who the **** cares...

We have legitimate scandals right now, and that's what some people are focusing on?

You could find pictures of practically anyone having someone hold an umbrella for them, who the **** cares...

We have legitimate scandals right now, and that's what some people are focusing on?
I think it's being talked about more by people that want the other legitimate scandals to go away. I've heard nothing except here in this thread.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ma-approval-rating-unharmed-by-controversies/

Fifty-three percent of Americans said they approve of the job the president is doing, while 45 percent said they disapprove. That’s virtually unchanged from an early April survey in which Obama’s approval/disapproval split was 51 percent to 47 percent.

No idea how to explain these slight increase in approval other then haters going to hate and lovers going to love, and love just a little more when they see their guy in trouble.

Whose poll is it?

The poll I saw was a CNN poll.

I think the approval rating rising slightly is Obama supporters circling their wagons and feeling defensive of him.

As someone who voted for him twice, the first time with great enthusiasm, the second time more as a vote against Romney, I'm fairly weary of him.

From an outsider's perspective, I think the big problem is that the two scandals going on right now, the IRS targetting and the media wiretapping, are offences against basic principles.

But since when have basic principles mattered anymore in Western democracies? When people are so willing to surrender their personal freedom in exchange for mythical security, when people across the political spectrum so willingly think that basic rights should be only conditionally afforded to others based on things like religion, race, sexual orientation and political belief, how surprised can we be that nobody gets worked up about violations of principles anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"