The President Obama Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I can only imagine the amount of hate this is going to get on Fox News, given how they view Susan Rice as the anti-Christ

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/report-donilon-out-as-nsa-will-be-replaced
That's some grade-A ******** right there. What the hell was Obama thinking with this nomination. If he couldn't get her to be Secretary of State, what in God's name does he think that he can get her to be the NSA? She'll never get approved and he's just wasting his time with this nomination.

The NSA doesn't require a congressional confirmation.

It's the ultimate slap in the face.

A well played move.

The NSA doesn't require a congressional confirmation.

It's the ultimate slap in the face.

A well played move.
Oh ****, I forgot about that. I take it back, well played move. Terrible choice, but well done.

As a Brit, my thought on Obama is that you guys are really really lucky to have him. You don't even realise how lucky you are. Look around the world right now. Look at Turkey. You're lucky to have Obama and he's far and away better than the last president you had. If he was British and ran here next election, he'd win with a landslide, no question.

A distinction shared by the vast majority of the people who have managed a Dairy Queen.

Then again, British politicians are no prize either.

Looks like they're investigating something right now though. As to what it is remains a total mystery I guess.

Presumably they have some kind of program that listens for specific words or phrases.

They shouldn't be doing this at all. Invasion of privacy.. Court order or not, ivasion of privacy.

I agree foreign attitudes are often wrong. Americans polled said Thatcher was the best British PM where as she is hated by over half the country. Obama puts on a much better public face so those outside of America prefer him to Bush.

But as I said, having read a lot about who he is and what he does, we would take him in a heartbeat. He would win over Ed Miliband and David Cameron every single day of the week (talk about crap leaders being replaced by crap leaders).

But at the same point we are lucky to have Cameron, for the same reason you are lucky to have Obama.

Just youtube turkish riots or Arab Spring and you'll see why you are lucky to have him. It could be far far far worse. Could it be better? Perhaps, but even the greatest politician in the world would struggle right now in very difficult economic, cultural and military times.
Just as an observer, you start your post with how foreign political views are inherently wrong with an example then go to post about foreign political views.

You can have Obama. You can have every US politician.

So, once again Obama breaks the law and no one cares.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not against gathering phone records. What I am against is the Obama Admin breaking the LAW whenever they see fit. They have betrayed the American people by going behind their backs with no regard for the laws they as a government are sworn to protect and the PEOPLE they are sworn to serve.

Last edited:
ONCE AGAIN THE NSA TAKES OUR PRIVACY AND NO ONE CARES.

GOODBYE VERIZON. I'm going to SPRINT!

We have become far too apathetic as a nation.

A tea kettle that someone with too much time on their hands, a desire for attention, and a pathological need to find something to be faux-offended by thinks looks like Hitler raises a public outcry, but the NSA stealing private phone records....meh.

This is what absolutely baffles me about foreign attitudes towards Obama. He's exactly the same as his predecessor, especially foreign policy wise. And yet you guys hated George W. Bush and love this guy simply because he's more coherent and charismatic. In regards to Israel, the War on Terror & national security, North Korea, Iran, etc., they're either: A). continuations of Bush policy or B). Bush policy on ****ing steroids.

And domestically he's no better either. Like his predecessor, he lacks some very vital political and leadership skills (like not knowing what's going on in his own government and poisoning the well with Congress on multiple occasions). He's knee deep in the interests of the corporate and political lobbyists that support him (just like George W. Bush was). He has a very wrong attitude to some very basic American freedoms with his support of the PATRIOT Act, use of drones, and disdain for the press (just like George W. Bush). The only core difference between Obama and Bush is social policy.

So I would say that no, we're not lucky to have him. What we have here is a crappy President who succeeded a crappy President and when we had the chances to get rid of these crappy Presidents we were offered even crappier alternatives so these crappy Presidents won re-election. Instead of good leaders developing in America, the ones with the ego and ambition large enough to be President are the ones who don't know what they're doing. You think we're lucky to have him....you can have him. And take Bush with you as well while you're at it.
you nailed it

No, it's pretty obvious that he stays oblivious to a lot of the stuff that is going on. He's surrounded by a lot of people who have an unhealthy love of the man and they just don't like telling him bad news to begin with. And he's just frankly shown on far too many occasions that he isn't really interested in the executive aspect of being President.

There's a huge difference between knowing and just simply not giving a ****.

That sounds good..... But this dude knows.....this is a Chicago politician and this stuff is too close to him for him NOT to know. I don't buy it. I just think that some people just don't want to "believe" that he is that sinister. So they choose to believe he's just ignorant.

http://stoneformayor.com/obamas-strategy-to-win-at-all-costs-violated-his-challengers-civil-rights/
This from Chicago 1996

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlYZ2s_95gs

They're the same dude.....But in Nixon's case 4 people didn't die.

They would never give that "Out" to a Republican. Obama is a historical first and folks don't wanna see that sullied. I say, "If it smells like a crook, it is" no matter who it is.

Last edited:
"Dianne Feinstein, the Democratic chairwoman of the Senate intelligence committee, said the Verizon court order had been in place for seven years. "People want the homeland kept safe," Feinstein said."

That word still makes me shudder.

There's just something so unAmerican about it.

It sounds like something Orwell would have come up with.

They're the same dude.....But in Nixon's case 4 people didn't die.

I think their is legitimate things to get pissed off about when it comes to Obama(such as the phone records thing), but comparing Benghazi to Watergate sort marginalizes peoples legitimate complaints(like here they go again)

It seems like the Republicans want us to believe that Obama holding back a few day telling us it was terrorists somehow went back in time and is responsible for 4 people dieing in Benghazi(I guess using Hottub Time Machine logic). The Republican fascination with Benghazi as a scandal only panders to the base and doesn't do the party any favors

I think their is legitimate things to get pissed off about when it comes to Obama(such as the phone records thing), but comparing Benghazi to Watergate sort marginalizes peoples legitimate complaints(like here they go again)

It seems like the Republicans want us to believe that Obama holding back a few day telling us it was terrorists somehow went back in time and is responsible for 4 people dieing in Benghazi(I guess using Hottub Time Machine logic). The Republican fascination with Benghazi as a scandal only panders to the base and doesn't do the party any favors

Two soldiers were killed 5 hours after the attack started.....it would have taken 2 hours for backup to get there. But they were told to "stand down" from the White House. Those 2 guys didn't have to die. The buck stops in the Oval Office or someone under him should have been fired. ....yet everyone's still intact. Which can only mean Obama's cool with it.

They only marginalized in the eyes of the folks who don't want to believe it. Where was he for 7 hours while these people were under attack?? People ran Bush over the coals for that fly-over photo of Bush after Katrina! At least we knew where our President was. And his reasons for not landing in New Orleans made sense. But the left wouldn't let it go. And it is a known fact (NOW) that the CIA report said nothing about a video, but instead implicated Muslim terrorists. The White House went out and arrested an innocent man (who is still in jail by the way, in case people care) and made him the scapegoat for this! Did I say that the man is STILL in jail? That's what they do in 3rd World nations...not here! Again ...if a GOP prez had done this, it's DEFCON 5......forget one thru Four. Rice, Obama and Clinton(even over the caskets) lied to those families and to us about a Muslim video. Oh....did I mention that an American citizen is still in jail?

No it's not the same as Watergate.....ITS MUCH WORSE. The next morning where was Obama?? In Vegas campaigning. Not sitting in Washington with his advisors......not even "looking" worried about these dead people. And to this day he has still not told us where he disappeared to during that attack. Oh, we saw the "dramatic" photos of him and Hillary in the "situation" room for Bin Laden kill......a thousand times!

People do not want this guy to be as sinister as he truly is......they are pleading ignorance on his behalf, instead, to protect what they think he represents.....Our first Prez of color." They don't wanna see him as a skeevy Chicago politician who proved early on that he will do anything and run over anyone to get or keep his power.

New boss....same as old boss......and maybe worse.

Last edited:
Two soldiers were killed 5 hours after the attack started.....it would have taken 2 hours for backup to get there. But they were told to "stand down" from the White House. Those 2 guys didn't have to die. The buck stops in the Oval Office or someone under him should have been fired. ....yet everyone's still intact. Which can only mean Obama's cool with it.

And once again how does this compare to Watergate, which was a case of the white house spying on it's political opponents? You probably would be better served comparing the recent story of the NSA looking at phone records to Watergate then Benghazi(but the people on the Republican side have used the "worse then Watergate" claim so often they practically turned it into a joke)

[YT]F0tkKrMs8Gs[/YT]

Journalist tries to uncover Obama's 'Dirty Wars'

Best quote of the whole story and something most Obama/Dem. supporters are going to deny.

[Obama has] expanded an air war in Yemen; Bush bombed Yemen once that we know of,” Scahill said. “Obama shut down the black sites, but he’s using a sort of back door way of continuing it but saying, ‘It’s other nations’ security forces that are doing the snatch and grab; we’re just asking the questions. … I think that a lot of liberals sort of checked their conscience at the coatroom for the two terms of Obama and are silent in the face of things that they’d be crying impeachment over if a Republican had done them.

Pretty much sums up my entire disdain for the American left. While the GOP base has been getting intellectually dumber, the Democratic base has just completely abandoned their principles just because Obama is their guy.

Sadly it's less of 2 evils. Can't say I am a fan of his foreign policies, but hey at least he hasn't got us in a stupid war(yet). Imagine if McCain won. Personally I wish we would have European style politics where you have like 5 people to vote for, chances you would have 1 or 2 parties in that case that would line up more with my view how we should act in the world

Last edited:
but hey at least he hasn't got us in a stupid war(yet).
Libya says differently.

Imagine if McCain won.
The same. We still would have withdrawn from Iraq due to Bush's agreement, we still would have intervened in places like Libya and soon Syria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"