The President Obama Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Kerry was ~120k voters away from winning Ohio(and the electoral vote)
That's not necessarily my point.

I'm not surprised Kerry got that level of support. While he, in personality, was an obvious loser, Bush had a ton of negative sentiment. You probably could've had a sea otter run against him and get a sizable amount of votes. :o

Obama isn't THAT disliked though, and Romney just reeks of loser, of runner up, of an out of touch, past his prime politician who's just being given a courtesy nod before he's shifted aside in favor of someone better.

I love how silly the pictures released by the Obama camp today of him playing basketball are. It is so clearly a political photo-op meant to show the president as a laid back, regular guy who is unflappable even on election day. At the same time, it is so effin silly because it is so clearly a photo-op. After all, if you are gong to sped the day playing basketball are you really going to do it in a pair of slacks, a button up shirt and oxford shoes? :funny:

And what regular guy would be playing basketball while waiting to see if they've won a Presidential Election.

A 10 minute video of him pacing nervously in his living room would be a much better portrayal of the common man. :o

He did the same thing last time. Was playing basketball. Frankly i dont care what he does, and a picture of him pacing nervously would look just as much like a photo-op imo. Some people would rather occupy their mind rather than pace uselessly.

...I was joking.

Marvolo seemed to be agreeing with you, haha.

You would think Obama would be on Halo 4 pwning noobs.

That's not necessarily my point.

I'm not surprised Kerry got that level of support. While he, in personality, was an obvious loser, Bush had a ton of negative sentiment. You probably could've had a sea otter run against him and get a sizable amount of votes. :o

Obama isn't THAT disliked though, and Romney just reeks of loser, of runner up, of an out of touch, past his prime politician who's just being given a courtesy nod before he's shifted aside in favor of someone better.

Thats arguable.

Eh, I dunno, I'm surrounded by really conservative republicans, and none of him hate him that much.

And when they do bash him, it's for those BS partisan reasons that never make any sense to anyone who isn't drunk on kool aid. :o

You should talk to some Cubans down here.:o

Marvolo said:
He did the same thing last time. Was playing basketball. Frankly i dont care what he does, and a picture of him pacing nervously would look just as much like a photo-op imo. Some people would rather occupy their mind rather than pace uselessly.

I don't doubt that he likes playing basketball and does it to reduce stress. I am saying that the idea of releasing a picture of a man in slacks and oxfords shooting at a basket with Scottie Pippen defending him is obviously staged. It is patronizing that his handlers think that the American people are so oblivious that they would see that and say, "Y'know what? I was gonna stay home today, but by God, I will vote for Obama!"

I don't doubt that he likes playing basketball and does it to reduce stress. I am saying that the idea of releasing a picture of a man in slacks and oxfords shooting at a basket with Scottie Pippen defending him is obviously staged. It is patronizing that his handlers think that the American people are so oblivious that they would see that and say, "Y'know what? I was gonna stay home today, but by God, I will vote for Obama!"

You sure do pick some really dumb stuff to get angry about. Sway's hat and now this.

They should want him to win.

If he does, they'll get to vote for Marco Rubio in 4 years. :o

I think most Cubans hate him too. Cubans are very hateful people.:o

You are thinking way to much into this.....

You sure do pick some really dumb stuff to get angry about. Sway's hat and now this.

I'm not angry. Just pointing out the absurdity of our system/electoral process.

You are thinking way to much into this.....

I'm not. There are highly paid, Ivy League graduates who work the campaign who sit around and consider this. That is the sad part.

Might as well change it to "Presidential" Edition.

No, I actually understand where Matt's coming from.

The dumb thing is, like 90% of Americans actually fall for that BS. :o

No, I actually understand where Matt's coming from.

The dumb thing is, like 90% of Americans actually fall for that BS. :o

I understand where he's coming from as well, it just seems like such a random thing to harp on.

I understand where he's coming from as well, it just seems like such a random thing to harp on.
Matt harps on everything.

I think his mind work's differently than other people in that way. I've yelled at him for it. :o

According to CNN, Obama has early leads in Florida and Virginia.

Last I heard, Florida was neck and neck but only 5% reporting.

Just out of curiosity, what news channels is everyone listening to/watching/streaming?

I'm watching Manhattan by Woody Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"