The Flash The Prophecy (Spoilers)

SCC

Civilian
Reaction score
Predictions for the prophecy that Savitar said would come true this season?

The person that betrays Barry obviously comes true since Savitar returns at some point.

But I hope Barry stops the rest from happening. Honestly getting a bit tired of these season deaths that all these shows have now. And I really don't want to see anyone in the cast go. I'd love it if Barry defeats the villain and saves everyone.

I'd say Julian or Wally will be the ones to betray Barry, the latter would be interesting given the ultimate result of the betrayal. If the effects of Flashpoint start to go haywire I can see Wally doing something stupid out of desperation to keep his powers.

Mind you I think Iris will survive, Barry's gone through enough at this point. He's not a Stark like. :o

My guess is that Wally will suffer the fate worse than death.

I thought Barry was the one who'd suffer the fate worse than death.

I think HR will be built up as the one to betray Barry, but ultimately ends up the one that dies. They can always get another Wells.

"One will betray you" - My bet is on Wally. Caitlin would be too obvious, Cisco would be redundant. But I can see Wally feeling abandoned and not trusted, and turning to someone who seems to care for him, but will end up being the worst possible guy ever... (see my point 3). Plus there is a strange camera move. When Julian said the line, the camera moved directly to Wally... That being said, I doubt the betrayal will be permanent and the betrayer will return to the "good side".

"One will fall" - Probably Iris, but there is of course more to the scene of her future death. Maybe Julian will end up sacrificed himself to redeem himself for his new friends.

"One will suffer a fate worst than death" - the third point. Many seems to believe that it's the least important point, I have the feeling that it's the most important one. "A fate worst than death" doesn't mean for me suffering the death of someone, it's the most terrible fate, when you are, for exemple, prisoner of your own body without being able to move or speak to anyone... or being trapped "in eternity" without an actual physical body, for exemple. You know what I mean ? I've the feeling that this line is a way for Savitar to say that someone in the team will become him in the future, someone that will be trapped by future Barry and then "suffers a fate worst than death"

Now, If we analyze who it could be. What if the mid season finale was the true demise of Savitar, and we will now see his rise until he is trapped by Barry ? Savitar is a product of the post flashpoint timeline. Who may not have been in the team or have changed drastically between the two ? Savitar said that "You're a God if you make people believe that you are one", something that a conman can say. And if Wally ends up being the betrayer, who may he trust more than the rest of the team ? a friend, some kind of mentor ? Now there is a possibility of Savitar being a future and corrupted version of Wally, but many, many clues point to HR, so I will bet that HR is Savitar and "the one that suffers a fate worst than death"

What if they all apply to Wally?

Wally (betrays the team) for some reason, then for redemption, he sacrifices himself or runs too fast or something (falls) and the speed force takes him, takes his humanity. (fate worse than death).

The first story about Savitar claimed he's been around for a long time which would seem to be supported by the fact that he's tethered to the philosopher stone. Maybe Savitar is more of a mantle thing. Wally maybe sacrifices himself to stop Savitar, but ends up becoming the "new Savitar" in the process.

I think the most likely answer is fairly straightforward:

The traitor will be HR. The deceased will be Iris. The one to suffer a fate worse than death will be Barry. This is because we *know* Iris will die, we *know* that this would destroy Barry, and we have received hints all season that HR is hiding all kinds of stuff. So, there, Occam's Razor.

I don't think this will actually happen, mostly. Well, I think HR turning traitor is basically assured, but other than that. . . I imagine it depends on whether they go for "averting the future" or "rearranging the future". That is, will the inertia of time mean that keeping one person from dying will mean another will be instead, etc.

I had my money on HR for a while. He seems too slippery and he's lied and deceived the team before. Or it could be a Cisco or Caitlin twist.

Iris will die, obvious. No reason she stays on the show. She does nothing.

Suffers a fate worse than death is Barry, or if it's a twist, Wally. I have a strong sense it's Barry.

I truly hope the writers don't pull if one must live another will die. I really love Joe. It's just not right. A post on tumblr recently kind of made me think of who the obvious death was. http://sterolinefate.tumblr.com/post/154163543475/iris-west

I had my money on HR for a while. He seems too slippery and he's lied and deceived the team before. Or it could be a Cisco or Caitlin twist.

Iris will die, obvious. No reason she stays on the show. She does nothing.

Suffers a fate worse than death is Barry, or if it's a twist, Wally. I have a strong sense it's Barry.

I truly hope the writers don't pull if one must live another will die. I really love Joe. It's just not right. A post on tumblr recently kind of made me think of who the obvious death was. http://sterolinefate.tumblr.com/post/154163543475/iris-west

I really hope you're wrong, and I absolutely disagree. Iris is the heart of the show, at the moment. It's the position of emotional guide for Barry. Since he's been known to be a child with no impulse control who changes history because his feelings are hurt, he absolutely needs someone to who can tell him to stop being an idiot.

I don't think Iris is going to die because they already showed that to us. These are the type of writers that like to swerve and change stuff. Plus Garrick already said that it's just one possibility and not the concrete future.

So this time around since Barry knows the future, he's going to try and prevent Iris from dying which means someone else will die. It can be Earth 19 Wells. Joe is too good to die although I thought he would die which means Barry suffers a fate worse than death. (Lost his mom, dad and 2nd dad)

I'll be surprised if Snow doesn't turn on them at this point.

Spoilers for Vikings in case someone watches and isn't caught up.

A season or two ago the writers made excellent use of prophecy as foreshadowing.

At the beginning of the season Ragnar Lodbrok went to the local Seer looking for advice on whether he should raid Paris or not. The Seer told him that the dead, not the living will conquer Paris. In the last episode of the season while Paris is under siege by the Vikings Ragnar converts to Christianity on his death bed and his Jarls ask the Emperor and Bishop that Ragnar be buried as Christian. At the wake Ragnar busts out of his coffin takes the princess hostage and opens the impregnable gates of Paris allowing his Vikings to pillage the **** out of the city. Ragnar's conversion and death were ruses, but it was in fact the "dead" that conquered Paris.

The Flash writers should take note and emulate that if they want these prophecies to pay off.

Nah, they've already done the Caitlyn stumble. She has precisely zero reason to randomly go evil now. And make no mistake, it would be randomly evil.

Repeat after me: just because something produce a cool image or scene, does not mean its a good idea.

Pumped for her next appearance. Frost is probably gonna come back toward the end of the season.

I could see Joe dying OR Joe being the one to betray Barry. I mean... Life of his daughter and all. If he learns that I say all bets are off on what he would and would not do.

If it's truly a member of team flash it will be HR that will die and Julien that will betray him neither of those 2 are important at this point.

Well I don't see Iris dying this season. Just about anyone can see it'll be Joe.

But, for some reason, if Iris does die, then prepare for some SnowBarry in Season 4.

Technically, Flash cannot beat him unless he develops some kind of portal trick.

SnowBarry? Is that Barry and Caitlin? I will watch those too as long as I get to see Frost again. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"