The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

Ben Barnes is Jigsaw! Plus confirmed to premiere in 2017.

The Netflix original series ‘Marvel’s The Punisher’ has announced three new cast members who will be joining Jon Bernthal (Frank Castle/The Punisher) in the series. “Marvel’s The Punisher” will be streaming globally on Netflix in 2017.

Ben Barnes (“The Chronicles of Narnia“) joins the cast as Billy Russo, Frank’s Castle’s best friend from his days in the Special Forces. He runs a successful private military corporation called “Anvil.”’

Ebon Moss-Bachrach (“Girls”) will play Micro, a former NSA analyst whose secrets may be of great value to Frank Castle and everyone around them.

And Amber Rose Revah (“Indian Summers,” “Son of God”) joins as Dinah Madani, a highly-trained sophisticated Homeland Security agent who is vexed by the Punisher.

“I’m really excited about the cast we're assembling alongside Bernthal as Frank Castle,” said showrunner and Executive Producer Steve Lightfoot. “I look forward to watching Ben, Ebon and Amber embody these characters and breathe vivid life into the story we are crafting for this season of 'Marvel's The Punisher.'"

"We couldn’t be more thrilled about the remarkable talent joining Jon Bernthal in 'Marvel’s The Punisher.' Ebon, Ben and Amber are incredibly talented actors and we can’t wait to see them bring these characters to life,” said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer and Marvel’s Head of Television.

It was previously announced that Jon Bernthal whom whom fans were first introduced to in Season 2 of "Marvel’s Daredevil," will lead the cast as Frank Castle/The Punisher.

Steve Lightfoot (“Hannibal”) will write the series’ first two episodes in addition to serving as showrunner and Executive Producer. Jim Chory ("Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones" and "Marvel’s Luke Cage") will also serve as Executive Producer along with Jeph Loeb ("Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones" and "Marvel’s Luke Cage"), Marvel’s Head of Television.

"Marvel’s The Punisher" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.
Marvel

Last edited:
I'm assuming Iron Fist in March, Punisher in September and then Defenders in November.

3 Netflix shows in 2017

3 MCU movies in 2017

2017 is Marvel's year y'all. :hmr:

Not sure. Iron Fist started filming in April and will come out in March of next year though. So probably about a year.

You called it. :cwink: They haven't said when, but Marvel did confirm 2017. I'm guessing a year from now. Jessica Jones was released in November. So I'm thinking between end of September to November of next year.

Micro being a former NSA analyst is a cool idea. Ebon Moss-Bachrach was a good villain in The Last Ship.

Me too.
Not quite sure how I feel about that description though...
I'm not sure how I feel about him being Frank's former buddy either. After
Diamondback in Luke Cage I;m not in a rush to see another best buddy turned enemy story.

Frank's former military buddies being corrupt got old fast in the comics. They went to that well a little too much.

I hope the Jigsaw make up is real gruesome.

Karen Page confirmed!

7X82VhEW1mY.jpg

More photos HERE.

This image of Frank come to mind:

14519718_10154527735567278_41639201876194422_n.jpg

Wonder if Frank Costa will make an appearance?
Paul Ben-Victor would be a good choice.

Great that this show finally has a forum. But why is Marvel's Most Wanted still up?

I hope he quickly shaves off that beard and doesn't wait until episode 13 to do so. He needs to slick back his hair too.

Fantastic, hopefully it's in the Summer, June-August.

I really want Netflix to get to a point where all of their marvel series have yearly seasons. They know the demand is there.

This is guaranteed to be ****ing awesome. Could very well be the best of the Netflix shows... Punisher is perfect for Netflix. Hopefully we get Blade next after the Defenders

So what stories should they do in the first season? Should they take more from the 616 version or the Max version? What villains should appear besides Jigsaw?

So what stories should they do in the first season? Should they take more from the 616 version or the Max version? What villains should appear besides Jigsaw?

Elements of Return to Big Nothing would be neat.

So we've seen Daredevil, Elektra, Ghost Rider (although not Johnny Blaze) and Punisher in the MCU after failed attempts at solo movies with these characters outside of the MCU.

Hopefully Blade isn't far behind.

I wouldn't mind seeing Barracuda or Saracen pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"