The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

If there is a lot of positive buzz created by the selected screenings, that might tip the scales back for the shows favor. Still hoping for the Veteran's Day weekend release. It would be justified as being linked to the Veterans and their distinguished service instead of the person on a killing spree shooting innocent civillians.

Hell yeah, I think it's a decent a amount of time after the incident happened. Plus speaking as an Army Vet myself, it would be greatly appreciated. It's the perfect oppurtunity to tie Frank to the men and women who serve instead of likening him to the lunatic terrorist. I can say the veteran fans of the Punisher would love it, like I said, I'd pay to watch it at this point haha.

For a service like Netflix it really doesn't matter when it premieres since they're model is different from tv. They don't rely on day one ratings for advertisers, they have a much better way of analyzing viewership and how it helps helps their subscription numbers. So "which month is best for it" doesn't really apply with Netflix.

I don't see the show being delayed longer than a week or two, unless there's a scene depicting a mass shooting, not just gun fights.

This week or next week are my best bets. After next week, October 27th is off limits 'cause that's when Stranger Things comes out, and November 3rd might be off-limits because that's when Thor: Ragnarok is coming out. November 10th could work if this week or next week aren't the release weeks.

This week or next week are my best bets. After next week, October 27th is off limits 'cause that's when Stranger Things comes out, and November 3rd might be off-limits because that's when Thor: Ragnarok is coming out. November 10th could work if this week or next week aren't the release weeks.

I feel like that'll eat into Thor 3's legs and keep people out of theaters. December is the best time to release. There's no Marvel movie releasing and it means that we can get a nice Christmas present.

This show won't really get the same type of audience as Thor I think. It's going to be a dark, adult TV-MA level show.

I'd personally wait till the new year. Let the trauma dissipate. Get it out of the fresh fumes of the gun control debate. The show will likely be 'politicized' anyway, but I don't think it needs to be a front page headline. It's fiction at the end of the day.

I'd personally wait till the new year. Let the trauma dissipate. Get it out of the fresh fumes of the gun control debate. The show will likely be 'politicized' anyway, but I don't think it needs to be a front page headline. It's fiction at the end of the day.

It's still confirmed for this year. Likely to be Veteran's Day or Christmas.

Last edited:
It is, but if it were my decision I'd wait. But it's not so..

That would risk pissing off the fans after being teased so much with the release date but only telling us its coming out this year...And then it having come out next year instead. i really think a month or two would be appropriate anyway or maybe im just an impatient fan lol.

I say wait until the Veterans's Day weekend. Then you can mount a PR defense, if necessary, based on the fact he is a decorated Marine who faced a horrible tragedy. If anything, the Castle family could have been the victim this type of incident. I'm all for respecting the Las Vegas victims and the aftermath but no point in walking on egg shells until perpituity or supporting some type of appeasement folly.

Veterans Day always made thematic sense for me. The goal would be to play up the military service angle, which they're already doing by including Metallica's One in the trailer.

MmNNWuJ.jpg

more music needed, what for the soundtrack can be assembled?

Frank should frequently venture into International territories.

I don't want this to be all about the CIA team tasked to find him and bring him in.

I say wait until the Veterans's Day weekend. Then you can mount a PR defense, if necessary, based on the fact he is a decorated Marine who faced a horrible tragedy. If anything, the Castle family could have been the victim this type of incident. I'm all for respecting the Las Vegas victims and the aftermath but no point in walking on egg shells until perpituity or supporting some type of appeasement folly.

Idk...I could see that backfiring in their faces. You'll have all the oversensitive PC jockeys claiming that the TV show paints all vets as psychotic killing machines just waiting for that one thing to trigger it all. Man, the eggshells we have to walk on these days is absolute ********. You're gonna piss off SOMEBODY! Doesn't matter what it's about. Someone is gonna get pissed, start a petition, contact their local news station, you name it.

Idk...I could see that backfiring in their faces. You'll have all the oversensitive PC jockeys claiming that the TV show paints all vets as psychotic killing machines just waiting for that one thing to trigger it all. Man, the eggshells we have to walk on these days is absolute ********. You're gonna piss off SOMEBODY! Doesn't matter what it's about. Someone is gonna get pissed, start a petition, contact their local news station, you name it.

No doubt, it will be divisive and even rub some people the wrong way. But that was going to be the case no matter what. That doesn't have anything to do with the Las Vegas tragedy and has everything to do with those people being out of touch with reality. In real life, it takes a special breed of guitar to put psychotic killing machine and a veteran together. Sure, it's not outside the realm of possibility but I'm sure people who commit gun related crimes rarely have anything to do with the military. Those who serve are trained to respect the gun, to not treat one as a toy but instead of a tool.

Frank takes people down but it's pretty far from a cowboy style corner store stick up. He is not a stranger to mass shootings but those on the receiving end are always people who have chosen to break the law in a major way. Human trafficking, drug cartels, multiple violent crimes. Frank will light these people up. Drawing parallels from this to real life is a stretch. It's the same argument people have been using since the 90's. The target just shifts from video games to another medium. Fact is, if you draw inspiration from this, you aren't playing with a full deck. Nobody seems to focus on that and instead are just looking to sideline the conversation by injecting their own agenda into the mix.

Today it's easier to spot the baiters rolling with their SJW crew. And it's easier to halt their stride. They still wield power in numbers though, which makes the uninitiated fold, seeing angry people shouting their mantra, "frothing at the mouth." Sure, they have a right to their opinion, it just tends to skew away from the problem and into their self-serving idea of the week. Those who don't know the character the way the fans do, will make Frank out to be something he isn't. And at face value it's easy to convince a casual viewer. That is why, when the show hits, we need people who know the character to come out of the woodwork in support to smooth out the most glaring stupidity of the ignorant masses.

I hope it comes out next month, although I can understand why some wouldn't want that to happen.

It should have been released the friday before Thanksgiving IMO.

They should have released the date during the viewing of The Defenders. Missed opportunity

According to some information, they might have planned releasing it after the panel at NYCC. If that was the plan all along, I wonder how long PR campaign they have planned to stretch out the time between then and a possible release date. If they go past November, a serious frustration is going to kick in. After that I want to see clips from the first episode.

According to some information, they might have planned releasing it after the panel at NYCC. If that was the plan all along, I wonder how long PR campaign they have planned to stretch out the time between then and a possible release date. If they go past November, a serious frustration is going to kick in. After that I want to see clips from the first episode.

Most Netflix series get two or three full trailers before release. I feel like Netflix could do a second trailer at the end of the month or early November and then drop one in Early December.

The fact of the matter is, there are always going to be incidents like Las Vegas because that's just the world we live in. By that thinking, there will never be an appropriate time to release a show like this. They need to just bite the bullet, accept the show for what it is, and release it. If they're going to be that scared, they shouldn't release it at all.

The fact of the matter is, there are always going to be incidents like Las Vegas because that's just the world we live in. By that thinking, there will never be an appropriate time to release a show like this. They need to just bite the bullet, accept the show for what it is, and release it. If they're going to be that scared, they shouldn't release it at all.

This is true. The world is getting increasingly violent. Many people still live under the illusion that we are safe because we are being told we are. These things happen because people choose to ignore the universal social conventions that hold a community together. Those who choose to flip get results and you can read about it through 24 hour news cycle while the blood is still being mopped up. A major part of law enforcement is not preventing these kind of acts, it's investigating the aftermath.

I can think of only one reason to hold off the release and that is witholding the violent visuals that might be present in the story, possibly similar to that of what happened. As to not revisit the horror of losing somebody by those type of acts or reliving it through memory. What Frank Castle is doing is nothing new in modern day cinematic vision. He just does it in a way that is hard, uncompromising and visceral. As if killing somebody is less impactful while delivering a joke.

Kind of hilarious that in real life, The Punisher, an iconic vigilante, who destroys extreme bad guys without remorse is being held hostage by the actions of a guy who would be lit up in the comics. Sadly, even Frank Castle couldn't have stopped this guy.

It boils down to how is Frank Castle any different from the man that was pulling the trigger in Las Vegas? We condemn one while we cheer the other on. Sadly people can't differentiate reality and fiction anymore it seems. People think you're glorifying what the guy in Vegas did. The sad part is deep down the Punisher really is kind of a cautionary tale of a man pushed too far and lost too much. If they're concerned about the effect releasing the show will have then they need to gut all of their programming and replace it all with puppy dog and stupid cat videos. Maybe that will change the world. Of course we know it won't, but...ah ****...I'm off on a tangent again. Just release the damn show already. ****... :p

One fundamental fact that people dont get that seperates The Punisher from the Las Vegas shooter is this: Punisher is a FICTIONAL character. Idiots who compare him to a real life psycho that killed innocent people don't seem to be aware of this fact. This is a show for adults, and adults who cant differentiate fact from fiction shouldn't be watching it anyway, but thus this is the world we live in. And I do agree if you're gonna be afrraid to release it dont release it at all, just let me buy it cuz i'll pay good money to see it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"